2010 Winter Olympics

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3287978 said:
IOC detemines medal leaders by number of gold. Right now USA, Germany and Canada are tied with 8 Gold. Canada has two chances in curling. Still chance in short track and men's hockey.

We might own the podium yet.
Then why did your country surrender? Cause they don't know how else to do it?

Ren

Reaction score
peplaw06;3289081 said:
Then why did your country surrender? Cause they don't know how else to do it?

The country is full of french people, what did you expect?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
13 Gold for Canada now. Tied with USSR 1976 and Norway 2002 with 13. Most Gold ever by host country.

Win hockey tomorrow and we have most gold ever in winter olympics.

We might not own the podium overall, we do own the top of the podium.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3289719 said:
13 Gold for Canada now. Tied with USSR 1976 and Norway 2002 with 13. Most Gold ever by host country.

Win hockey tomorrow and we have most gold ever in winter olympics.

We might not own the podium overall, we do own the top of the podium.

Well, I guess you need to take your victories where you can. Since they don't come along all that often. :lmao2:

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
burmafrd;3288079 said:
Typical that Canadian wants to use the one measure that Canada has a chance in. All OLYMPIC medals are worthy of counting. Taking the corrupt, piece of crap IOC's word for anything just reflects more on canadian than anything else.

Whilst this is true, do you not agree that being an Olympic champion is more important than being an Olympic runner-up.

For instance, do you thnk that had Michael Phelps come back from Beijing with 8 silver medals it would have been considered a success, heck I remember some idiot at the time saying he would have failed if he only got 5 golds.

If you are going to have a medal table, there should be some sort of weighting in favour of gold medals

Anyway, good luck to both teams in tonights ice hockey final, should be an even more interesting match after the result of the last encounter.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
1960_us_hockey_team.gif
http://i209.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb28/VintageMinnesotaHockey/MN%20Vintage%20Hockey%20Photos/pre-olympic1980.jpg

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3289749 said:
Well, I guess you need to take your victories where you can. Since they don't come along all that often. :lmao2:

would you ****? Your little comments aren't funny. Canada has clearly owned the podium as far as Gold medals, and there more then likely going to break the record later on today so just stop with the comments and give them credit. Where do you get off saying something like that. Btw it is true that the most successful country is the country that wins the most golds, and Canada already hast hat solidified.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Posters on this board aren't so much anti-French or anti-Canada as they are anti-******bag.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3290150 said:
Posters on this board aren't so much anti-French or anti-Canada as they are anti-******bag.
I'm pretty much anti- anyone that is anti-American.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290126 said:
would you ****? Your little comments aren't funny. Canada has clearly owned the podium as far as Gold medals, and there more then likely going to break the record later on today so just stop with the comments and give them credit. Where do you get off saying something like that. Btw it is true that the most successful country is the country that wins the most golds, and Canada already hast hat solidified.

Do yourself a favor and look up the terms "opinion" and "fact". You clearly don't know the difference between the two.

Canada MAY break the record for total Gold medals later today, just as the United states MAY break the record for total medals. Which achievement is more impressive is a matter of OPINION.

Giving credit should be a two way street in this particular situation. The animosity towards Canada has been formed through one particular poster's rude, childish, and downright cowardly behavior on this forum. His behavior has strained several people's attitude toward an entire country. Myself included. Up until now, the only thing I disliked about Canada were the french-canadian speedo-wearing eccentrics piloting their little gay boats down our waterways and visiting our southern states in the winter...and Cindy Crosby.

Perhaps the conceit that leads a Canadian official to develop a "own the podium" program costing the country millions of dollars and the overly anti-american sentiment posted by certain individuals here deserves exactly this sort of response.

Childish or not, you mess with this country...you'll get some sort of response. Most likely one that you won't like. Our backbones are still intact.

Puck Canada. They've failed miserably in this endeavor IMO. It shouldn't be forgotten how poorly the first half of this Olympic event was run....embarrassing, really. It shouldn't be forgotten how egomaniacal most canadians have been in assuming dominance in these winter events without proving it first.

That being said, I'm sure that the majority of Canadians are wonderful people. Some of them, however, need to learn how to represent their country better.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
tomson75;3290158 said:
Do yourself a favor and look up the terms "opinion" and "fact". You clearly don't know the difference between the two.

Canada MAY break the record for total Gold medals later today, just as the United states MAY break the record for total medals. Which achievement is more impressive is a matter of OPINION.

Giving credit should be a two way street in this particular situation. The animosity towards Canada has been formed through one particular poster's rude, childish, and downright cowardly behavior on this forum. His behavior has strained several people's attitude toward an entire country. Myself included. Up until now, the only thing I disliked about Canada were the french-canadian speedo-wearing eccentrics piloting their little gay boats down our waterways and visiting our southern states in the winter...and Cindy Crosby.

Perhaps the conceit that leads a Canadian official to develop a "own the podium" program costing the country millions of dollars and the overly anti-american sentiment posted by certain individuals here deserves exactly this sort of response.

Childish or not, you mess with this country...you'll get some sort of response. Most likely one that you won't like. Our backbones are still intact.

Puck Canada. They've failed miserably in this endeavor IMO. It shouldn't be forgotten how poorly the first half of this Olympic event was run....embarrassing, really. It shouldn't be forgotten how egomaniacal most canadians have been in assuming dominance in these winter events without proving it first.

That being said, I'm sure that the majority of Canadians are wonderful people. Some of them, however, need to learn how to represent their country better.

Post of the century. Very nice , T.

I Couldn't agree more, especially the bolden portions.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290126 said:

Dude, you need to get a life. I'll say what I want within the guidelines of this forum and you can't do a dang thing to stop me.

I rag on Canada for one reason and one reason only, and it is to get under the skin of CCF. I know plenty of Canadians and they are great people.

However Canadians such as CCF causes this kind of response.

So before you get on your high horse, know what you are talking about before you keep looking like a fool.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
tomson75;3290158 said:

Cajuncowboy;3290263 said:
So before you get on your high horse, know what you are talking about before you keep looking like a fool.

:fact: :clap:

Yeaaaa, and nobody has even MENTIONED, that if you're gonna be ballsy enough to put your whole damn country's name on something, it REALLY oughta have just a LITTLE better flavor than a slice of jail-bologna!!

CANADIAN bacon, my ***!!!

Eskimo

Reaction score
tomson75;3290158 said:

CCF has gotten under some of your skins and I would say justifiably so with some definite anti-Americanism. I won't defend his words at all as much of it is indefensible.

However, I would like to point out a couple of things. The "own the podium" program grew out of a frustration of lack of funding for Canadian athletes who could not compete on a level playing field with the best of the world in terms of equipment, trainers and coaching. The stated goal was to win the most medals and it is a good goal to work towards in the future even though it did not happen this time. The purpose was not say some ultra-nationalist BS that might come out of say China or USSR or East Germany who have used the games in the past as a form of propaganda to demostrate their superiority over the rest of the world. We just want to try and be amongst the best of the world and now going by the last 3 winter Olympics we are up there with the best.

I think the attitude of Canadians to visitors around the world has been very welcoming. All visitors and athletes from around the world were treated with respect and cheered for their accomplishments here - including the multiple medal winners from your country. There shouldn't be animosity based on the words of one ******* on the internet.

In terms of representing Canada, CCF does not represent Canada anymore than say some random scum in prison would represent the USA.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
USA just scored to tie the Gold medal game vs Canada with 24 seconds left!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I was going to ask some of you hardcore hockey guys what you thought about this game. I don't like the NHL but in the Olympics it's fun to watch. I don't know enough to know what's really good hockey, though.

I do know I knocked over my chair when we scored with 24 secs left!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3290607 said:
I was going to ask some of you hardcore hockey guys what you thought about this game. I don't like the NHL but in the Olympics it's fun to watch. I don't know enough to know what's really good hockey, though.

I do know I knocked over my chair when we scored with 24 secs left!

Same here! GO TEAM USA!!!