2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

juck

Reaction score
Ren;4545697 said:
He didn't want to leave but the Mavs didn't want to offer him anything more then a 1 year deal

The Mavs rolled the dice on getting Howard this offseason and well... that's not gonna happen :banghead:
Never say never. lol. We get DWILL we get DWIGHT.

DFWJC

Reaction score
A full season has gone by and we still have people bit***** and moaning about losing Tyson Chandler?

Please guys, get the heck over it.

This team was BETTER this year defensively than last year. All the stats bear that out. They were 2nd in the Western Conf. in defensvie FG % and 3rd in points allowed. That combined for the best defensive stats in the West.

I loved Tyson too, but his offense sure wouldn't have gotten us over the top and that is the area we have fallen off the most.

And if you wanted Tyson--who did not want to stay here, btw--then assume we would have had to get rid of Marion and maybe Terry. Even before Tyson, we were carrying 5 large. contracts (Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Terry, Haywood).
It sucks that he's not here, but unless you think we would also have West, Mahimi, Carter, and Wright to go with him, his presence was not going to be the difference.

juck

Reaction score
Im over it. Im ready for summer and Im excited to see who we get.YOUTH

Zordon

Reaction score
juck;4545937 said:
Im over it. Im ready for summer and Im excited to see who we get.YOUTH
likewise.

i really don't like the chemistry on this year's team. vince carter has always come up short in the clutch like he did tuesday night. that has been the story of his entire career. haywood i want amnestied. he is one of the top 10 softest players in the league. the guy plays to avoid as much contact as possible. kidd is still a very good pg, but i think we need more athleticism at that position, insert deron. but this team needs more than deron + dirk. we're going to need a shooting guard and possibly another center. i would be fine with only dirk and marion coming back next season.

Zordon

Reaction score
here are some thoughts about the amnesty situation w/ the mavs. so cuban would have to still pay Haywood $28M. that's a lot of money to pay someone to walk away, which might be a reason why cuban decides to keep him despite his up and down effort. that haywood contract might be the worst in the league.

Written into the new collective bargaining agreement, the amnesty clause allows a team to waive one player and eliminate his contract for salary-cap and luxury tax purposes. The team remains on the hook for the remaining salary of the player, who is put in a waiver system for teams under the salary cap to bid on. If the player is not taken, he becomes a free agent.

This could be Marion's fate, but in no way should it be. Marion has two more years on his deal at about $18 million. Haywood still has three guaranteed seasons at about $28 million.

If the Mavs are concerned they'd be left without a big body to patrol the paint next season if Haywood were to be jettisoned, it certainly would be a lesser issue than cutting out their heart and soul one summer after letting Tyson Chandler go.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4545308 said:
Are you kidding me? :lmao:

Delonte is a much better on both sides of the ball.

He is not better than JJ offensively. He is better defensively but JJ is better at drawing charges.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juck;4545340 said:
JJB penetrates better then Delonte. He BROKE ur boys down. They had NO answer. He is a major reason we SWEPT the Lakers. JJB is so fast and he finishes now so you must respect it. Mavs were always at their best with a penetrating guard next to Dirk. Devon did this and then JJB. You of all people should have nightmares about the lil guy hahaha. Bynum had to let the ghetto out on him there hahaha

Yes! That is the key reasons we went to the Finals.

If we get a guy like Deron Williams next to Dirk who can slash, finish, or dish than we're probably going back to the finals next year if we can defend the paint at all.

JackWagon

Reaction score
How did Marion not get defensive player of the year? Dude plays the opponents best shooter every night at every position 1 thru 5. Just like a tweeted to Cuban ... i havent watched much BBall this year cause the Mavs gave up on the season. As soon as they tried to get Barea and Chandler to take 1 year deals i knew it was a give up year. So i really havent watched.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How do you Mavs fans feel about getting Williams but losing guys like Terry and Marion?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;4547237 said:
He is not better than JJ offensively.

He's a MUCH better shooter and, more importantly, he's bigger. For every drive to the bucket where JJ got a layup, he had one blocked. Delonte is a better offensive player in almost every way.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4547389 said:
How do you Mavs fans feel about getting Williams but losing guys like Terry and Marion?

Time to tear it down and rebuild. Thanks for the Title Dirk and Terry.

MC KAos

Reaction score
JackWagon;4547263 said:
How did Marion not get defensive player of the year? Dude plays the opponents best shooter every night at every position 1 thru 5. Just like a tweeted to Cuban ... i havent watched much BBall this year cause the Mavs gave up on the season. As soon as they tried to get Barea and Chandler to take 1 year deals i knew it was a give up year. So i really havent watched.

are you kidding me? the knicks allowed almost 25 more points per game when chandler didnt play!

juck

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4547389 said:
We wont lose Terry. Maybe marion,maybe not. We may get Josh SWmith or Gerald Wallace to replace Marion. Cuban is gonna work it this offseason. Id be happy with Dragic and a few solid players too. Many options.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4547729 said:
are you kidding me? the knicks allowed almost 25 more points per game when chandler didnt play!

There were many solid candidates for the award.

Tyson Chandler (Guy who won it.)
Kevin Garnett
Shawn Marion
LeBron James
Avery Bradley
Metta World Peace (Harden elbow killed his chances.)
Dwight Howard

Reaction score
CATCH17;4547240 said:
Yes! That is the key reasons we went to the Finals.

If we get a guy like Deron Williams next to Dirk who can slash, finish, or dish than we're probably going back to the finals next year if we can defend the paint at all.

OKC, San Antonio, and the Lakers will have something to say about that. Grizzlies will as well and as much as I hate to say it the Clips will improve as well. Getting Williams doesn't guarantee anything for Dallas because the West will once again be tough next season.

juck

Reaction score
How about DWILL,DIRK,and Josh SMITH this could very well happen. Cuban is gonna really go for it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4547908 said:
That won't work because Smith and Dirk play the same position.

Most Hawks fans will tell you he's a de facto small forward these days. I'm not a big fan of his anyways though, relies too much on his raw athleticism and really hasnt developed his overall game that much. As soon as his legs start to go he's done.