2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

Phoenix

Reaction score
Had high hopes for the US men's munchkins, errrrr, I mean gymnasts, for the gold. Ohs well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Phoenix;4637817 said:
So, 100,000 condoms for the 10,000 athletes. Word is that 80% of those are JUST for the US men's basketball team :eek::)

(Oh, hey, maybe a lot of them were just for Michael Phelps bwaaa ha ha ha)

Phelps is to busy hitting a bong :laugh2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
MC KAos;4638785 said:
yeah!!! only 1 behind china now! but man, they get lots of gold!

China puts a ton of money into those they think will win and it shows. They might win the Olympics twice in row, they won at home and now this time too.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Here's a question for you all, who wins the Olympics, the country with the most gold or the country with the most medals overall?

IOC ranks countries in terms of Gold so China win 2008 at home and Canada won 2010 at home as both those countries had the most Gold.

USA had more medals in both though.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wow. Take some Xanax before finding your seat.

Look at the father, he's got the look of a man with IBS who just drank a gallon of fire sauce from Taco Bell.

[youtube]P6ZujGCIydg[/youtube]

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4639434 said:
Wow. Take some Xanax before finding your seat.

Look at the father, he's got the look of a man with IBS who just drank a gallon of fire sauce from Taco Bell.

[youtube]P6ZujGCIydg[/youtube]

I bet most parents look like that at their children's events. Lord knows I am for my son's hockey.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Dana Vollmer, who won Gold and broke a World Record in the women's 100m butterfly is from my hometown in Texas! She has trained since she was a child for this. She also had heart surgery in 2003 to correct a defect that causes her heart to stop beating with no warning. Amazing story! So excited for her! Granbury, Texas is planning a parade for her.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4639354 said:
Here's a question for you all, who wins the Olympics, the country with the most gold or the country with the most medals overall?

IOC ranks countries in terms of Gold so China win 2008 at home and Canada won 2010 at home as both those countries had the most Gold.

USA had more medals in both though.

Gold 3 pts
Silver 2 pts
Bronze 1 pt

jimmy40

Reaction score
Phoenix;4638939 said:
Had high hopes for the US men's munchkins, errrrr, I mean gymnasts, for the gold. Ohs well.
wow, hard to believe just how bad they're doing.

Ren

Reaction score
Not to impressed with Spains basketball team today, they look to slow to pose any threat to the US

Lodeus

Reaction score
ME WATCHING OLYMPIC EVENT: “Holy **** that was amazing!” COMMENTATOR: “Ooh, that was not good at all. He must really be upset with himself.”

So true :laugh2:

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.kpho.com/story/19143364/chinese-swimmer-stuns-with-lochte-beating-split

Chinese swimmer stuns with Lochte-beating split

HONG KONG (CNN) -- When Chinese teenager Ye Shiwen dives into the pool on Monday, all eyes will be firmly on the clock to see if she can repeat her world-beating -- Ryan Lochte-beating -- time in the last 50 meters.

The 16-year-old is due to swim the heat of the 200 meter individual medley after taking gold in the 400 meter event on Saturday.

It wasn't the just win that captured the world's attention, although she did clinch gold after beating American champion Elizabeth Beisel and smashing the world record in 4 minutes 28.43 seconds.

The clock also showed that in the last 50 meters Ye swam faster than U.S. swimmer Lochte who won gold in the men's 400-meter individual medley the same night.

Ye, who wasn't among the race's favorites, clocked in 28.93 seconds in her final 50 meters of the competition's last 100 meter, freestyle leg, while Lochte went 29.10 seconds in his final 50.

Sports pundits also pointed out the Chinese athlete broke the record previously set by Stephanie Rice in the 2008 Beijing Olympics; the Australian swimmer did it with the aid of a polyurethane suit, which is now banned.

Lochte, 27, who holds various world swimming records, said on Sunday: "It was pretty impressive. And it was a female. She's fast. If she was there with me, I don't know, she might have beat me."

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
US just picked up another gold in Men's Skeet Shooting. Vincent Hancock repeats. He didn't miss a single one.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic are playing right now on Centre Court.

rynochop

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4640166 said:
US just picked up another gold in Men's Skeet Shooting. Vincent Hancock repeats. He didn't miss a single one.

Wish they would televise more of the shooting events, i cant ever find it on.