2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
trickblue;4640794 said:
Phelps took Silver in the 200m Butterfly... they said he had the lead attempted to glide to the wall instead of taking the last stroke and got clipped at the touch...

Lost by .04...

Didn't he win gold last Olympics by doing that to the Hungarian who was ahead the whole time only to choke at end?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4640843 said:
Handball.

What a cool sport that I really had no idea about until this Olympics.

It is a great sport, but because USA and Canada never seem to qualify or even try to qualify, it is never on tv here. I watched some online, love the game.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4640616 said:
I'm mad, because I was looking for it all over the place and they weren't showing it. :(

And CCF, this is NBC's response.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean
"This is a business. It’s not everyone’s inalienable right to get whatever they want," NBC sports chairman on network's Games tape delays.

It's on tonight at 8. I know what you're saying I've been looking forward to it all day.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4640647 said:
awesome *****y response. I guess they figure people would rather watch Kathie Lee and Hoda rather than the Olympics.

Up here, we have three main English channels, CTV, Rogers Sportsnet and TSN carrying stuff live in English, they also use OLN for cycling. French has RDS carrying events.

Of course, still some complain re no equestrian or sailing.

We can also watch all events live online at ctvolympics.ca.

OLN had on some equestrian for a bit yesterday. My guide was saying storage wars was supposed to be on at the time tho. I can't complain about the coverage thought, it has been pretty good.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4640166 said:
US just picked up another gold in Men's Skeet Shooting. Vincent Hancock repeats. He didn't miss a single one.

I'm sure a few fells here could make the skeet shooting team. :laugh1:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4641175 said:
Did I say I was?

Your post said "damn they won by 40" as if it was a surprise.

I remember back in the 2010 Olympics, Canada was playing Norway in hockey and Mrs CCF was pissed off it was tied 0-0 after 1. She said, damn we are playing a bunch of carpenters (the Norwegian goalie was a carpenter). We won 9-0 but no one was surprised.

USA should win gold easily.

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4641189 said:

I remember back in the 2010 Olympics, Canada was playing Norway in hockey and Mrs CCF was pissed off it was tied 0-0 after 1. She said, damn we are playing a bunch of carpenters (the Norwegian goalie was a carpenter). We won 9-0 but no one was surprised.

I was impressed they won by 40, but I wasn't surprised by any means.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4641189 said:

Not easily but if they lose it would be a major fail.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Howardlittleton64;4641164 said:
It's on tonight at 8. I know what you're saying I've been looking forward to it all day.
My biggest issue is that I work from home the majority of the team, so I'd rather watch the bigger competitions than water rafting, some equestrian sport, or some other not-so-popular competition. Not downing those sports, but the only interesting Olympic coverage today was the Men's volleyball (beach and team), Men's b-ball (argentina vs france, and USA destruction of Tunisia.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4641391 said:
My biggest issue is that I work from home the majority of the team, so I'd rather watch the bigger competitions than water rafting, some equestrian sport, or some other not-so-popular competition. Not downing those sports, but the only interesting Olympic coverage today was the Men's volleyball (beach and team), Men's b-ball (argentina vs france, and USA destruction of Tunisia.

I'm the opposite, I enjoy watching sports that I only ever watch once every 4 years and have watched next to no mens football which is my sport of choice. To me its things like field hockey, fencing, sync diving and 3 day eventing that make the Olympics what it is. That and things like the rower from Niger that finished so far behind the competition but still gets to call himself an Olympian.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olym...yers-charged-with-throwing-matches/56630488/1

Olympic badminton players expelled for trying to lose
By Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY

LONDON – The Badminton World Federation confirms it has disqualified eight female badminton players from China, South Korea and Indonesia from the Olympics doubles competition for trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable draw.

The federation found the players guilty of "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" in matches Tuesday night.

Players were roundly booed after they appeared not to exert themselves in preliminary rounds of the round-robin tournament before they were set to move on to elimination competition.

Phoenix

Reaction score
joseephuss;4642175 said:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olym...yers-charged-with-throwing-matches/56630488/1

Olympic badminton players expelled for trying to lose
By Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY

LONDON – The Badminton World Federation confirms it has disqualified eight female badminton players from China, South Korea and Indonesia from the Olympics doubles competition for trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable draw.

The federation found the players guilty of "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" in matches Tuesday night.

Players were roundly booed after they appeared not to exert themselves in preliminary rounds of the round-robin tournament before they were set to move on to elimination competition.

Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha! Bizzaro world.