2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
plus, there is absolutely no way in hell the lakers do the trade without him agreeing to the extension before hand.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609548 said:
it is close, because im not saying that bynum and horford are just as good as each other, but id rather have horford and say, marvin williams, than just bynum if im rebuilding.

Too late for that. Williams is heading to Salt Lake City.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609561 said:
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now.

Dallas has nothing to offer. Also Bucher isn't exactly a trustyworthy source. This is the same guy who said Kobe Bryant would never play in a Lakers uniform again before the 2007-2008 season.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609562 said:
Too late for that. Williams is heading to Salt Lake City.

ya, just saw that, but my point is that they would get more than just horford in that trade, with the lakers its pretty much a straight up trade, with maybe a late first rounder thrown in

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609565 said:
Dallas has nothing to offer. Also Bucher isn't exactly a trustyworthy source. This is the same guy who said Kobe Bryant would never play in a Lakers uniform again before the 2007-2008 season.

you are probably right, but thats where he wants to go now, allegedly

MC KAos

Reaction score

btw, how is dallas the second deepest team in the league, according to you, yet they have nothing to offer?:laugh2:

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609573 said:
btw, how is dallas the second deepest team in the league, according to you, yet they have nothing to offer?:laugh2:

They have alot of solid vets, but Orlando wants rebuilding pieces like Bynum not veterans like Dallas has.

MC KAos

Reaction score
the only way that trade works is the magic would have to take haywood, marion and beabois, no way in hell they do that IMO

but, they might have to take a deal that crappy, because like i said, the lakers wont trade bynum if howard doesnt extend

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609579 said:
the only way that trade works is the magic would have to take haywood, marion and beabois, no way in hell they do that IMO

but, they might have to take a deal that crappy, because like i said, the lakers wont trade bynum if howard doesnt extend

They almost did at the trade deadline. Then Dwight opted in and talks ended.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
MC KAos;4609499 said:
like i said, dwight doesnt only have 1 destination available to him, and the lakers arent the only dance partner the magic will have. ive actually just recently heard they are interested in a trade with atlanta that would be based on getting al horford for howard. it could very well be a rental for the hawks, but they will have tons of cap space next offseason if he decides to stay, they can sign another max player. howard is from the atl area if im not mistaking.

Marvin Williams got traded to Utah for Devin Harris, so the Josh Smith for Pau Gasol talks in this thread are completely dead.

Josh Smith and Dwight are best friends, and played on AAU teams together growing up. Both are from Atlanta.

If Atlanta can trade Horford and the 1st we just got from the Nets johnson trade, for Dwight, we have some serious cap room now that Marvin/Joe are gone. They could sign Dwight to a mega deal.

I have a strong feeling Atlanta is doing all of this to make a run for him. They say the Nets are financially out of the Dwight race barring Williams signing elsewhere. So Atlanta/Dallas/Houston/LA are the front runners.

Horford is a young star player, minus all of the BS attitude issues of a Bynum. I don't think you trade one malcontent for another. So i doubt we see a Bynum/Howard swap.

Ren

Reaction score

That doesn't really matter he could just refuse to sign an extension with who ever trades for him and go where ever he wants next offseason

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
"ets
2m Marc Stein Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Besides how Hawks now in play for Dwight, either via trade or 2013 free agency, story details how Josh Smith has been moved by Ferry's moves

Reaction score
Muhast;4609597 said:
Marvin Williams got traded to Utah for Devin Harris, so the Josh Smith for Pau Gasol talks in this thread are completely dead.

Josh Smith and Dwight are best friends, and played on AAU teams together growing up. Both are from Atlanta.

If Atlanta can trade Horford and the 1st we just got from the Nets johnson trade, for Dwight, we have some serious cap room now that Marvin/Joe are gone. They could sign Dwight to a mega deal.

I have a strong feeling Atlanta is doing all of this to make a run for him. They say the Nets are financially out of the Dwight race barring Williams signing elsewhere. So Atlanta/Dallas/Houston/LA are the front runners.

Horford is a young star player, minus all of the BS attitude issues of a Bynum. I don't think you trade one malcontent for another. So i doubt we see a Bynum/Howard swap.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Why would Dwight wanna play in Atlanta? Smith obviously wants out and will he'll be traded or leave at the end of the season. Don't see how the Gasol trade talks are dead.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609608 said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Why would Dwight wanna play in Atlanta? Smith obviously wants out and will he'll be traded or leave at the end of the season. Don't see how the Gasol trade talks are dead.

Salary cap wise, only way to make that work would have been Josh/Marvin for Pau.

Also, Josh Smith said today he was moved by the trades made so far, and wants to stay in Atlanta. Dwight is FROM atlanta, and he is BEST FRIENDS with Josh. Not only that, we have pieces to offer to make the trade work, and now have a ton of cap space to keep Dwight happy.

Outside of the Lakers, the Hawks are the best landing spot right now, as far as what we can offer the Magic in exchange, and what we can offer him pay wise, plus having his best friend on his team.

If Atlanta lands Dwight, there is 0 chance Josh would leave.

Reaction score
Muhast;4609612 said:
Salary cap wise, only way to make that work would have been Josh/Marvin for Pau.

Also, Josh Smith said today he was moved by the trades made so far, and wants to stay in Atlanta. Dwight is FROM atlanta, and he is BEST FRIENDS with Josh. Not only that, we have pieces to offer to make the trade work, and now have a ton of cap space to keep Dwight happy.

Outside of the Lakers, the Hawks are the best landing spot right now, as far as what we can offer the Magic in exchange, and what we can offer him pay wise, plus having his best friend on his team.

If Atlanta lands Dwight, there is 0 chance Josh would leave.

When he did Smith say that do you have a link?

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait and see. I didn't realize how much cap room Atlanta had.

Next year's free agent class is great. Paul will be a free agent, obviously Dwight and Josh will. They could potentially have all three. Best point guard, best big, and a top 5 power forward. That's one hell of trio.

I don't know if Chris Paul would leave the Clippers. They just extended Blake Griffin. I think it depends how they improve. If the Clippers get to the WCF or further I see Paul staying. If not he'll probably leave.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609653 said:
We'll just have to wait and see. I didn't realize how much cap room Atlanta had.

Next year's free agent class is great. Paul will be a free agent, obviously Dwight and Josh will. They could potentially have all three. Best point guard, best big, and a top 5 power forward. That's one hell of trio.

I don't know if Chris Paul would leave the Clippers. They just extended Blake Griffin. I think it depends how they improve. If the Clippers get to the WCF or further I see Paul staying. If not he'll probably leave.

Hawks gained 23.5 million by the two trades today!

And I think Paul is walking regardless. He is going to play for the Lakers. I'm convinced.