2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4609372 said:
I don't agree with this. He is scheduled to be back by playoff time and actually before if rehab goes well. Chicago could easily win their division and make a run if they simply signed another decent PG as backup for the short term.

He tore his ACL man. No one comes back right away from those.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
League source tells Y! that Joe Johnson deal now likely "happens with or without Deron." Nets officials are meeting with Williams right now.

i guess dwight would be plan b is deron chooses dallas?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609382 said:

you should see what adrian peterson was doing just 6 months after his surgery, the combination of these athletes and technology advancing so much in just the past 2 years could make him be back to full form by next year's playoffs, i wouldnt bet on that though

Reaction score
Well looks like Dwight will be a Laker. He'll have no choice, but to sign an extension with L.A. Either that or he stays in Orlando.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609389 said:
Well looks like Dwight will be a Laker. He'll have no choice, but to sign an extension with L.A. Either that or he stays in Orlando.

im sure he will have more choices than just that, lots of things could change between now and the trade deadline or next year's free agency

MC KAos

Reaction score
i wonder if we will know tonight what williams decides or if he is going to take his time, didnt he say he wanted to choose by the fourth of july?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609382 said:

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago...ick-rose-injury-status-health-update-playoffs

According to the article, standard is 8 to 12 months which would put him back either in the last month or two of the season or just prior to the playoffs.

However, the article clearly states that he is ahead of schedule and recover could be 6 to 9 months which would but him back early in the season or by mid season.

Either way, I don't think it's clear that he is gone for the whole year and it would be very unwise of Chicago to plan for that eventuality given the reports of his Dr.

Reaction score
dwighthoward.jpg

Gonna be hard to root for this guy.

It'll be like when T.O. became a Cowboy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609402 said:
dwighthoward.jpg

Gonna be hard to root for this guy.

It'll be like when T.O. became a Cowboy.

Not for me. Kobe doing what Kobe does, Gasol running the floor, shoot from outside and posting up and Howard cleaning the board, running the floor and giving us 15 to 20 in the paint. Add a couple of strong defensive players who can shoot the outside jumper and we have the making of a team who can beat anybody in the league.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4609415 said:
Not for me. Kobe doing what Kobe does, Gasol running the floor, shoot from outside and posting up and Howard cleaning the board, running the floor and giving us 15 to 20 in the paint. Add a couple of strong defensive players who can shoot the outside jumper and we have the making of a team who can beat anybody in the league.

You think we'll keep Gasol now? I see us trading him for Dwight's BFF now.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609421 said:
You think we'll keep Gasol now? I see us trading him for Dwight's BFF now.

I don't know. I think that if we could sign Howard, that gives the lakers room to go any way they want. A lot of that might be dictated by Kobe and who and what he wants to see. Moving Gasol would make sense from the perspective of cap but it may not go that way, I don't know. A lot of things could happen there because if you have Kobe and Howard together, there will be a lot of other players who suddenly decide that the Lakers are the place for them to be. We will see what happens if Howard gets signed.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
If LA is going to trade for Howard, it would be smart to do it ASAP.

FA is in opening moments and it could bring another player for vet min and mmle that wouldn't have chosen LA before Howard.

Lots of time left and who knows what Howard will say next or what team tries to trade for him, I'm sure Orl knows nobody can offer a Bynum to replace him though.

Reaction score
Dash28;4609462 said:
If LA is going to trade for Howard, it would be smart to do it ASAP.

FA is in opening moments and it could bring another player for vet min and mmle that wouldn't have chosen LA before Howard.

Lots of time left and who knows what Howard will say next or what team tries to trade for him, I'm sure Orl knows nobody can offer a Bynum to replace him though.

Make the trade. Trade Pau for Josh Smith/Marvin Williams. Sign Rashard Lewis (Dwight's former teammate) and Johnny Flynn to the vets minimum. Resign Ramon Sessions and Jordan Hill. Trade Steve Blake for a TPE. Sign Jason Terry to the mini MLE.

Ramon Sessions/Johnny Flynn
Kobe Bryant/Jason Terry
Metta World Peace/Marvin Williams
Josh Smith/Rashard Lewis
Dwight Howard/Jordan Hill

:D

MC KAos

Reaction score
like i said, dwight doesnt only have 1 destination available to him, and the lakers arent the only dance partner the magic will have. ive actually just recently heard they are interested in a trade with atlanta that would be based on getting al horford for howard. it could very well be a rental for the hawks, but they will have tons of cap space next offseason if he decides to stay, they can sign another max player. howard is from the atl area if im not mistaking.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609499 said:
like i said, dwight doesnt only have 1 destination available to him, and the lakers arent the only dance partner the magic will have. ive actually just recently heard they are interested in a trade with atlanta that would be based on getting al horford for howard. it could very well be a rental for the hawks, but they will have tons of cap space next offseason if he decides to stay, they can sign another max player. howard is from the atl area if im not mistaking.

Bynum >>>>> Horford

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609502 said:
Bynum >>>>> Horford

i wouldnt go so far as to say he is 5 greater than symbols better, but your point is taken. but the fact remains its another option for the magic, the lakers arent the magic or dwights only option

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4609506 said:
i wouldnt go so far as to say he is 5 greater than symbols better, but your point is taken. but the fact remains its another option for the magic, the lakers arent the magic or dwights only option

You're right that LA not only option but they're the best IMO.

Reaction score
Dash28;4609521 said:
You're right that LA not only option but they're the best IMO.

It's not even close. Andrew Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league hands down. He has the potential to be the best and he's stayed injury free the last two years.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609540 said:
It's not even close. Andrew Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league hands down. He has the potential to be the best and he's stayed injury free the last two years.

it is close, because im not saying that bynum and horford are just as good as each other, but id rather have horford and say, marvin williams, than just bynum if im rebuilding.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i do agree though, the trade that makes the most sense for everyone involved is bynum for howard. but im just saying 2 things, for one, its not the only option for howard and the magic now that the nets are off the table, and two, the only thing that dwight has said publicly is that he would rather not follow in shaq's footsteps, so its still a long way from happening