2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
Muhast;4609657 said:
Hawks gained 23.5 million by the two trades today!

And I think Paul is walking regardless. He is going to play for the Lakers. I'm convinced.

We don't have cap space. It'd have to be a sign and trade. We do have Bynum though. Clippers would do that deal imo if they knew Paul was leaving. Thanks to Kobe's massive 30 milion dollar contract we won't have any till 2014 when his contract expires.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609659 said:
We don't have cap space. It'd have to be a sign and trade. We do have Bynum though. Clippers would do that deal imo if they knew Paul was leaving. Thanks to Kobe's massive 30 milion dollar contract we won't have any till 2014 when his contract expires.

I don't think the Clippers would do that. They gave Griffin a big extenstion, DeAndre Jordan would have to be part of the trade as well.

There is no way they keep all 3 of those big men lol

BTW: They are saying Atlanta now has enough cap space to pursue both Dwight AND Chris Paul next summer. Doesn't mean we will land them, but it is fun to dream about it

Reaction score
According to sources, Josh Smith has turned into lead recruiter trying to convince Dwight Howard to consider playing in Atlanta long term.

Source: Twitter

We had a chance to get this guy for Pau we got greedy and blew it. I'm starting to lose faith in the FO. They need to realize this isn't a 2010 Pau.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609665 said:

We had a chance to get this guy for Pau we got greedy and blew it. I'm starting to lose faith in the FO. They need to realize this isn't a 2010 Pau.

I told you, lol it is the talk of the city right now. The fans are going crazy about the thought of landing him.

You have to remember, outside of the recent Hawks run of 5 yrs in the playoffs, and the Braves making the playoffs 14 straight years in the 90's-2000's, Atlanta has had a terrible curse of losing and disappointing teams. Big name players never come to Atlanta teams by choice. We either trade for them, or draft them. So the fans have been waiting for a star player in any sport for years lol.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4609672 said:
Somehow, I can see Howard in Atlanta.

It just makes too much sense.

We can offer Jeff Teague and Horford. So they get a starting PG and PF/C in return.

He is from here, two of his best friends (Smith/Morrow) are on the team, and we have a ton of cap space.

It seems like the obvious fit.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Muhast;4609677 said:
It just makes too much sense.

We can offer Jeff Teague and Horford. So they get a starting PG and PF/C in return.

He is from here, two of his best friends (Smith/Morrow) are on the team, and we have a ton of cap space.

It seems like the obvious fit.

That's all true but doesn't mean Howard wants to play in that city.

Orl would have to like Horford a lot more than Bynum.

It's funny and prob would never happen but I could see a three team deal out of this.

Howard to ATL, Bynum to Orl and Horford/Teague to LA.

Reaction score
Dash28;4609714 said:
That's all true but doesn't mean Howard wants to play in that city.

Orl would have to like Horford a lot more than Bynum.

It's funny and prob would never happen but I could see a three team deal out of this.

Howard to ATL, Bynum to Orl and Horford/Teague to LA.

F that. I'd rather just keep Bynum.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609737 said:
F that. I'd rather just keep Bynum.

:laugh1:

I'm just waiting this out and see what happens. I can't wait for 2014 when LA will have all salary available outside of maybe Bynum.

Reaction score
Dash28;4609739 said:
:laugh1:

I'm just waiting this out and see what happens. I can't wait for 2014 when LA will have all salary available outside of maybe Bynum.

Well in the meantime we should just trade Pau to Minny for Beasley, Williams, and Barea. Sign Terry to the mini MLE. Sign Rashard Lewis to the vets minimum. Get rid of Blake somehow. Resign Sessions and Jordan Hill. Oh yeah and keep Bynum. Screw that bipolar clown Howard.

Sessions/Barea
Kobe/Terry
MWP/Lewis
Beasley/Williams
Bynum/Hill

Reaction score
I found this on RealGM.

tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_1280.jpg

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh1: :laugh2:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609759 said:
Well in the meantime we should just trade Pau to Minny for Beasley, Williams, and Barea. Sign Terry to the mini MLE. Sign Rashard Lewis to the vets minimum. Get rid of Blake somehow. Resign Sessions and Jordan Hill. Oh yeah and keep Bynum. Screw that bipolar clown Howard.

Sessions/Barea
Kobe/Terry
MWP/Lewis
Beasley/Williams
Bynum/Hill

That would be a nice squad, but I can't see you affording all of those pieces by just trading Pau.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Muhast;4609773 said:
That would be a nice squad, but I can't see you affording all of those pieces by just trading Pau.

Putting Beasley at the 4... Major downgrade in size and talent.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4609780 said:
Putting Beasley at the 4... Major downgrade in size and talent.

I agree it's a major downgrade at the 4, but we improve our bench immensly with that trade. Don't forget Barea/Terry won a championship together as a 1/2 combo.

Reaction score
@RicBucher says Dwight wants to be a Net b/c he wants more say in decisions for the franchise. Lakers won't give him that power. #DUMB

:laugh2: @ Dwight. This guy has become the biggest clown in sports. He wants more power really? He has been given more than enough power in Orlando considering they fired their coach and GM to please him. I've said it many times and I'll say it again even if healthy he's at best a slight upgrade over Bynum. He averages 1.9 more points, 2.7 more boards, and 0.2 more blocks. Not a very big difference at all especially considering Howard is the #1 option while Bynum is #2 and plays next to Kobe Bryant who averages the most field goal attempts in the league. Trading Drew for Dwight definitely doesn't make us a legit title contender. Anyone who thinks it does is delusional.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609788 said:
I agree it's a major downgrade at the 4, but we improve our bench immensly with that trade. Don't forget Barea/Terry won a championship together as a 1/2 combo.

We also had size down low. Tyson was 7-1, Dirk 7-0, Haywood 7-0. JJ and Terry were great but there were many other reasons we won as well.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4609897 said:
We also had size down low. Tyson was 7-1, Dirk 7-0, Haywood 7-0. JJ and Terry were great but there were many other reasons we won as well.

We'd still have the biggest dude in the league in Andrew Bynum.