2012 NBA Offseason Thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4610128 said:
I don't think they will either. It's almost impossible for them to assemble the best offer for him.
I don't know how they could do it financially.
But an offer of Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez, and three #1 picks sounds pretty good to me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Muhast;4609773 said:
That would be a nice squad, but I can't see you affording all of those pieces by just trading Pau.

They could. They cut cap earlier this year. They have a 9 million trade exception, a 3 million mid level exception and they have over 15 million that would come off the books if Pau were traded. That's probably more then 30 million that is available to the Lakers this season.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4610128 said:
I don't think they will either. It's almost impossible for them to assemble the best offer for him.

Not really.

Al Horford is an All Star caliber center and Teague is a terrific point guard.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4609910 said:
It's actually 2013, 2015, 2017 picks; it just changed. Also, Humphries and Lopez would both have to agree to a sign and trade because they are free agents right now. This is highly unlikely.

This. I find it very hilarious though that Orlando is still trying to accomidate that clown Howard's request.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dash28;4610243 said:
That is what it comes down to, will Jim Buss let his prized pet go.

Ball is in Jim's court, does he nail the three or draw air?

If LA won't offer Bynum, Howard goes to ATL IMO.

More to the point, if Jim Buss doesn't offer Bynum and Bynum has a down year or sustains another injury, he will be persecuted in L.A. I don't think it would end well for Bynum in that situation.

Reaction score
Dash28;4610243 said:
That is what it comes down to, will Jim Buss let his prized pet go.

Ball is in Jim's court, does he nail the three or draw air?

If LA won't offer Bynum, Howard goes to ATL IMO.

He shouldn't. The clown has made it clear he doesn't wanna sign an extension with L.A.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610256 said:
He shouldn't. The clown has made it clear he doesn't wanna sign an extension with L.A.

I believe he would after playing in LA and he would lose about 30mil if he didn't.

Howard was just saying anything he could to go to Nets. He didn't handle it well though.

It's about the best deal for both sides. Bynum better fit with Orl and Howard with LA, they're both on last yr of deal too.

Edit: rumors going around that LA is willing to offer Bynum and Metta for Howard and filler IF Howard will sign extension. This is crazy, up to Howard if sources are legit.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610256 said:

If the Lakers decided to pass on a deal for Howard, Then I think they should just stick with Bynum and Gasol and add another PG that can shoot the outside shot and a decent small forward who can play D and rebound as well as a defenseive 2 Guard who can shoot the three as well. They need to become a threat from the three in order to loosen up Gasol and Bynum and they need to become much more defensive minded. Rebound and play good defense.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610289 said:
Well things are heating up.

Yeah. I'm hearing Bynum,MWP,Blake for Howard and JRich.

All up to Howard to sign extension, so who knows.

Reaction score
Dash28;4610291 said:

I'd hate to give up MWP. We need him to guard guys like KD and LeBron.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610294 said:
I'd hate to give up MWP. We need him to guard guys like KD and LeBron.

I wouldn't worry too much over this right now. The way it has played out so far, I don't see him accepting the extension before playing in LA.

I would do that deal though, but I'm not in control. :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dash28;4610291 said:

Would have liked to have had Richardson several years ago but now, he's done I think. 15 seasons in the league and his numbers fell off the cliff last season. Would rather have Redick I think.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610232 said:
Not really.

Al Horford is an All Star caliber center and Teague is a terrific point guard.

I was talking about the Nets.

On another note, I'd bet pretty solid money that if Howard got traded to the Lakers, he'd stay there. Why not? It's a great franchise, a marquee team, and he'd get plenty of attention and marketing opportunities.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If it's just a rental thing, then I think the Lakers should think about offering Gasol for Howard, let Howard walk next year if that's what he wants and the Lakers get cap relief from Gasol. They can then look at bringing in another quality player or two with the cap space next season. I would think about that if I were the Lakers. If Orlando has no better offers, they might consider that, I don't know.

Zordon

Reaction score
Sad to see JET go.

This offseason is on it's way to being a colossal failure.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4610343 said:
If it's just a rental thing, then I think the Lakers should think about offering Gasol for Howard, let Howard walk next year if that's what he wants and the Lakers get cap relief from Gasol. They can then look at bringing in another quality player or two with the cap space next season. I would think about that if I were the Lakers. If Orlando has no better offers, they might consider that, I don't know.

Orlando can definitely get a better deal than that.