2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610460 said:
the terry signing by the celtics is a great one IMO, if they can retain ray allen and they are healthy going into a playoff series with miami, i like their chances of winning.

as for the mavs, if they dont land williams, im going to LOL for the rest of the summer! and if they cant get anyone decent in a trade, they might have to start looking hard at trading dirk and starting from scratch, dirk wont survive a rebuilding period, he is going to be too old by the time they can get a competitive team together again.

If they can't get Nash they're screwed.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Howard will not be traded to Brooklyn. That trade is a hunk of trash.

This long delay for Deron is a good sign for the Mavs. Regardless of where he goes I can't even be mad. If he wants to make the better basketball decision he will be here. If not, good luck with the Nets, your going to need it.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610460 said:
the terry signing by the celtics is a great one IMO, if they can retain ray allen and they are healthy going into a playoff series with miami, i like their chances of winning.

as for the mavs, if they dont land williams, im going to LOL for the rest of the summer! and if they cant get anyone decent in a trade, they might have to start looking hard at trading dirk and starting from scratch, dirk wont survive a rebuilding period, he is going to be too old by the time they can get a competitive team together again.

Dirk isn't getting traded, sorry.

He also has a no trade clause. :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610470 said:
If they can't get Nash they're screwed.

i doubt they want to offer him anywhere near as much money as the raptors are offering, and apparently, winning a title isnt really at the top of his list at this point.

RastaRocket;4610484 said:
Dirk isn't getting traded, sorry.

He also has a no trade clause. :D

probably not, but i think it would be the best thing for everyone involved, dirk can go to a contender, and the mavs can suck complete crap and get top talent in the draft

Temo

Reaction score
I've yet to see what the Mavs can put together that's a better team than what the Nets have for Deron.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610523 said:
When is that clown Deron gonna make his decision?

Prob not until Thursday if he doesn't announce anything today, but who knows

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Temo;4610512 said:
I've yet to see what the Mavs can put together that's a better team than what the Nets have for Deron.

The Nets will never be able to compete for a title with that JJ contract.

Ren

Reaction score
Temo;4610512 said:

Unless the Nets land Howard i'll take a team with Dirk on it over anything they can put together in a offseason in a hartbeat

Reaction score
Ren;4610553 said:
Unless the Nets land Howard i'll take a team with Dirk on it over anything they can put together in a offseason in a hartbeat

Dirk isn't the same anymore. Dallas already lost Terry and they're probably gonna lose Kidd and West.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4610548 said:
The Nets will never be able to compete for a title with that JJ contract.

Don't agree with that at all. Assuming they can resign everybody they'll be a top 3 seed in the East.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610558 said:
Dirk isn't the same anymore. Dallas already lost Terry and they're probably gonna lose Kidd and West.
I'm not sure "lost" would be the word I'd use. They could keep them if they wanted them bad enough. I don't think anyone thought Terry would be back, including him. Kidd, maybe, if DWill was with him.

I feel for Dirk right now if they don't land a big fish.
But this team was old as dirt last year and with OKC loaded with young guns, it's time to restock for the long term. I'm kind of dreading one more year of patchwork stuff. Hope it doesn't happen like that.

Right now, it's Dirk, Marion, Carter, Roddy B, Haywood, Wright, and 3 rookies, and misc parts. They'd bring in some good parts I'm sure, but without at least one great one this will not do at all.
I wouldn't mind adding Dragic and a better center if possible to start.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Well, expect Brooklyn to put the full court press on to get Dwight now.

That will make that team hard to beat.