2012 NBA Offseason Thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4610338 said:
I was talking about the Nets.

On another note, I'd bet pretty solid money that if Howard got traded to the Lakers, he'd stay there. Why not? It's a great franchise, a marquee team, and he'd get plenty of attention and marketing opportunities.

He doesn't want to be on Kobe's team apparently. I guess he wants to be top dog on any team he goes to and that is not what he would be in L.A.

Thats the story anyhow.

If it were me, I might just trade for Josh Smith and be done with it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610359 said:
Orlando can definitely get a better deal than that.

Not if it's just rental. If the truth is that you only have Howard for one season, who is going to give a better deal then that for just one season?

crazytown41

Reaction score
Dash28;4610291 said:
Yeah. I'm hearing Bynum,MWP,Blake for Howard and JRich.

All up to Howard to sign extension, so who knows.
There's no way in hell the Magic would trade the best player in that deal AND take on 2 horrible contracts (MWP/Blake)

Sounds like a trade some Laker fan just made up ;)

Reaction score
crazytown41;4610394 said:
There's no way in hell the Magic would trade the best player in that deal AND take on 2 horrible contracts (MWP/Blake)

Sounds like a trade some Laker fan just made up ;)

Those are not horrible contracts by any means.

crazytown41

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4610392 said:
Not if it's just rental. If the truth is that you only have Howard for one season, who is going to give a better deal then that for just one season?
Orlando is not gonna take Gasol's contract. Houston's offer is better than that.

Bynum for Dwight is really the only one that makes sense for those teams

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
crazytown41;4610398 said:
Orlando is not gonna take Gasol's contract. Houston's offer is better than that.

Bynum for Dwight is really the only one that makes sense for those teams

Houston's offer is contingent upon a long term signing.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610397 said:
Those are not horrible contracts by any means.
Um. Yes it is. 2yr/15mil plus a 15% trade kicker for a washed up artest? And 8 million for 2 years for Blake? You're joking right?

Oh right. You're a lakers fan. :(

crazytown41

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4610402 said:
Houston's offer is contingent upon a long term signing.
No it's not. It's already been reported that Morey is willing to rent him out for a season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
crazytown41;4610405 said:
No it's not. It's already been reported that Morey is willing to rent him out for a season.

I have not seen that. Do you have the link for that article?

Reaction score
crazytown41;4610404 said:
Um. Yes it is. 2yr/15mil plus a 15% trade kicker for a washed up artest? And 8 million for 2 years for Blake? You're joking right?

Oh right. You're a lakers fan. :(

:laugh2: @ Artest being washed up. You clearly didn't watch him in the 2nd half of the season. Both are two years deal and will be big expirings after next season.

Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.

I think it's for Humphries. Him and Lamar could be teammates. :laugh2:

crazytown41

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610415 said:
:laugh2: @ Artest being washed up. You clearly didn't watch him in the 2nd half of the season. Both are two years deal and will be big expirings after next season.

2nd half of the season? You mean like 2 weeks in April. :lmao: You mean the one that got used and abused by Durant and OKC in the playoffs? That one? :confused:

And yup, he's so good and his contract is so cap friendly that Lakers have been feverishly trying to deal him this offseason. still no takers though. I wonder why? :eek::

Reaction score
crazytown41;4610422 said:
2nd half of the season? You mean like 2 weeks in April. :lmao: You mean the one that got used and abused by Durant and OKC in the playoffs? That one? :confused:

And yup, he's so good and his contract is so cap friendly that Lakers have been feverishly trying to deal him this offseason. still no takers though. I wonder why? :eek::

Yeah because getting abused by Durant is so embarassing. He's the best scorer in the league and he abuses everyone

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610425 said:
Yeah because getting abused by Durant is so embarassing. He's the best scorer in the league and he abuses everyone

Don't worry about it, it was only a matter of time for LA news to be trolled.

Wow, MWP let Durant get the best of him, terrible!

MC KAos

Reaction score
as it pertains to howard and the magic "trying to make him happy" its all about him signing the extension, the magic have no deal for bynum if he doesnt, because if he would, that deal would have been done long ago. so howard has a lot of control here because most teams wont trade for him without him signing the extension.

as for MWP, its ridiculous to say he is over the hill, he did pretty good once he got in shape in the second half of the season, and getting abused by KD is the norm now a days, i dont know that jordan or bowen could slow that kid down much in their primes.

id be more worried about MWP being a complete psychopath and breaking down mentally being away from LA and his therapist.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610425 said:
True. I'll give you that.

But I like how conveniently ignored the fact he only played well for 2 weeks in the 2nd half and that the Lakers have been trying to deal him the past 2 weeks. ;)

Reaction score
crazytown41;4610457 said:

But I like how conveniently ignored the fact he only played well for 2 weeks in the 2nd half and that the Lakers have been trying to deal him the past 2 weeks. ;)

He played pretty well in March and April. He was out of shape due to the lockout.

MC KAos

Reaction score
the terry signing by the celtics is a great one IMO, if they can retain ray allen and they are healthy going into a playoff series with miami, i like their chances of winning.

as for the mavs, if they dont land williams, im going to LOL for the rest of the summer! and if they cant get anyone decent in a trade, they might have to start looking hard at trading dirk and starting from scratch, dirk wont survive a rebuilding period, he is going to be too old by the time they can get a competitive team together again.

MC KAos

Reaction score
crazytown41;4610457 said:

he played well for longer than 2 weeks

Cowboys&LakersFan;4610459 said:
He played pretty well in March and April. He was out of shape due to the lockout.

while true, its not exactly a good thing, its like saying "he didnt rob that bank, because at the time he was assaulting a couple in burbank"