2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ren;4610651 said:
So where the Hornets

unless Duncan, Ginobli and Parker start aging in reverse the clock is ticking

i think just about any expert you ask will tell you we are one of the best drafting teams in any sport, and we find talent just about anywhere, gary neal was a guy off the street that is one of the most reliable shooters off our bench, having hit multiple big shots, even in the playoffs. unlike the mavs, we have drafted guys that will eventually take over and at least be competitive. kawhi leonard will eventually take over for manu, he is going to be a stud, and as for duncan, there just isnt anything you can do about that, he is the greatest power forward of all time, no way to replace that. parker just turned 30 so he will be great for at least 3 more years, probably more.

we didnt get the best record in the west 2 years running by accident

MC KAos

Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Mavs' PG priorities from here, sources say, are Nash and Jeremy Lin and re-signing J-Kidd. Team has not yet decided if it'll pursue Dragic

they should put dragic at the top of that list!

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610652 said:
i think just about any expert you ask will tell you we are one of the best drafting teams in any sport, and we find talent just about anywhere, gary neal was a guy off the street that is one of the most reliable shooters off our bench, having hit multiple big shots, even in the playoffs. unlike the mavs, we have drafted guys that will eventually take over and at least be competitive. kawhi leonard will eventually take over for manu, he is going to be a stud, and as for duncan, there just isnt anything you can do about that, he is the greatest power forward of all time, no way to replace that. parker just turned 30 so he will be great for at least 3 more years, probably more.

we didnt get the best record in the west 2 years running by accident

Without a Duncan quality player you're not a championship team period, it's not a coincidence that all your titles came during his carer. You're not going to just replace that over night and he's not getting any younger.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ren;4610657 said:
Without a Duncan quality player you're not a championship team period, it's not a coincidence that all your titles came during his carer. You're not going to just replace that over night and he's not getting any younger.

which is exactly what i said...but even though he is old he is so great that even at an old age we almost won a title with him, i dont think he is going to regress much from last year in the next 2 seasons without an injury. and you dont HAVE to have a great player to win a title, the pistons did it in 04 without any players that would be considered even close to tony parker now.

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610656 said:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Mavs' PG priorities from here, sources say, are Nash and Jeremy Lin and re-signing J-Kidd. Team has not yet decided if it'll pursue Dragic

they should put dragic at the top of that list!

The whole point of blowing up the championship team was to get younger and 2 of their top 3 alternatives at PG are 38 and 39 years old

Could this day get any more depressing? :bang2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
i have a feeling dragic might be the guy that his agent oversells, the market dries up and he is left taking less money than he originally got offered and less than he is worth...i dont see how he deserves A LOT more than the 9 million per that the rockets were offering him

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610660 said:
which is exactly what i said...but even though he is old he is so great that even at an old age we almost won a title with him, i dont think he is going to regress much from last year in the next 2 seasons without an injury. and you dont HAVE to have a great player to win a title, the pistons did it in 04 without any players that would be considered even close to tony parker now.

It's not the same NBA as in 04 the Lakers ain't the only once buying championships now

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ren;4610664 said:
It's not the same NBA as in 04 the Lakers ain't the only once buying championships now

it might not be the same as 04, but the mavs won a title just last year with only 1 great player. coaching, chemistry and depth are still important

MC KAos

Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Dallas is cautious about chasing Goran Dragic with a big offer, league source tells Y! Mavs aren't as high on him as Rockets, Suns, others.

i guess the mavs are out of the running for dragic then, he seems to think he is worth 12 million per season

MC KAos

Reaction score
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Newly arrived free agent guard Courtney Lee getting interest from Clippers, Pacers, Bulls, Mavs and Wizards, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i guess the best case scenario for you mavs fans at this point is to hope cuban doesnt do something drastic and overpay for a guy that doesnt deserve tons of money

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Good for Deron, he chose the most money. The Nets should be a solid 4-6 seed for the foreseeable future.

Let's go after Nash/Dragic/Lin now. Most certainly not the end of the world or anything to meltdown over.

RamziD

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610663 said:
i have a feeling dragic might be the guy that his agent oversells, the market dries up and he is left taking less money than he originally got offered and less than he is worth...i dont see how he deserves A LOT more than the 9 million per that the rockets were offering him

If I were Rockets GM, I would try to sign Jeremy Lin and keep the 3 they just drafted. They would have a good group of young talent to build on. Lin is a pretty decent PG and the city of Houston would really embrace him.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RamziD;4610677 said:
If I were Rockets GM, I would try to sign Jeremy Lin and keep the 3 they just drafted. They would have a good group of young talent to build on. Lin is a pretty decent PG and the city of Houston would really embrace him.

i agree, i really liked their draft, if they cant keep dragic, then just sign Lin and they will at least get butts in the seats!

MC KAos

Reaction score
this made me LOL

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
What time tonight will be Dirk's first drunk dial of Nash? I have 2:43am in Grantland's office pool.

Ren

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4610675 said:
Good for Deron, he chose the most money. The Nets should be a solid 4-6 seed for the foreseeable future.

Let's go after Nash/Dragic/Lin now. Most certainly not the end of the world or anything to meltdown over.

If you blow up a championship team it better be for something better then a 38 year old Nash, Dragic or Lin. How we got to this point is what has so many Mavs fans raging.

I'm sure Mark can put together another 1 and done in the first round team for this season but look at what we gave up to get that one and done team.

Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea and Caron Butler would look awfully good right about now

RamziD

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610679 said:
i agree, i really liked their draft, if they cant keep dragic, then just sign Lin and they will at least get butts in the seats!

If they still had Yao, the city of Houston would orgasm lol

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dallas is considering this too: Take a step back, clear cap space for the summer of 2013 and chase free agents Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

pipe dream, part deux!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610693 said:
Dallas is considering this too: Take a step back, clear cap space for the summer of 2013 and chase free agents Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

pipe dream, part deux!

In the meantime they'll waste another of year of Dirk's career.