2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
casmith07;4610576 said:
Well, expect Brooklyn to put the full court press on to get Dwight now.

That will make that team hard to beat.

They're not getting Dwight. Orlando can get a much better offer than the one Brooklyn offered.

Temo

Reaction score
casmith07;4610576 said:

That's not happening, this year at least. Would put them over the $74M hard cap. Hard cap disappears next offseason, though would need to sign and trade for him at that point.

Temo

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610579 said:
They're not getting Dwight. Orlando can get a much better offer than the one Brooklyn offered.

Agree. No assets, and the numbers don't work.

Reaction score
Nets will be a top 3 seed in the East imo. J-Kidd will probably follow Deron and I heard K-Mart will stay there as well. They just need to lock up Lopez.

Deron/Kidd
Johnson/Brooks
Wallace/Green
Humphries/Martin
Lopez/FA

That's as good as any team in the East outside of Miami and Boston.

Ren

Reaction score
Not surprised at all, i knew as soon as they blew up the championship team for a Williams/Howard lottery ticket that it would never end well.

What's their options now a 38 year old Nash? so much for getting younger and making the team "future proof"

Reaction score
ibcHUbTADO7aqr.gif

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610579 said:

again, its not entirely up to them, i dont see why you guys fail to see this, if dwight doesnt agree to an extension, the other team wont trade for him, period. if he will only do the extension for the nets the only option the magic have is taking the best offer the nets have or risk losing him for nothing later.

the real question is whether dwight decides to extend for a different team or not, not whether the magic can get a better offer, because they clearly can

MC KAos

Reaction score
im gonna enjoy going to watch the spurs in dallas now that tickets will be cheap! although it wont be as fun to beat a cadaver of a former rival.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ren;4610592 said:
Not surprised at all, i knew as soon as they blew up the championship team for a Williams/Howard lottery ticket that it would never end well.

What's their options now a 38 year old Nash? so much for getting younger and making the team "future proof"

unless nash is willing to take a hell of a lot less money, there is no way he is signing with the mavs. as much as he loves dirk and the mavs, i think he loves his country just as much and would love to finish his career in canada if its not for a clear contender. the landry fields signing by the raptors completely screwed the knicks out of the potential sign and trade they were going to work out with the suns, so its basically his only option unless he wants to take a MLE or minimum

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
casmith07;4610576 said:

Ok...Don't see it happening now.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610614 said:
again, its not entirely up to them, i dont see why you guys fail to see this, if dwight doesnt agree to an extension, the other team wont trade for him, period. if he will only do the extension for the nets the only option the magic have is taking the best offer the nets have or risk losing him for nothing later.

the real question is whether dwight decides to extend for a different team or not, not whether the magic can get a better offer, because they clearly can

That's not true at all. Dwight isn't signing an extension with anybody period. It doesn't make any sense under the new CBA. The Lakers were on the verge of trading for him at the trade deadline, but Howard opted in.

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610617 said:
im gonna enjoy going to watch the spurs in dallas now that tickets will be cheap! although it wont be as fun to beat a cadaver of a former rival.

Spurs ain't exactly young either, the Mavs ain't the only team not winning anything any time soon

I hate people who don't stick with their team but the way Cuban blew up a championship team for this... He deserves all the empty seats a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs to be one and done will bring.

Arrogant and stupid doesn't even begin to describe it

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ren;4610628 said:
Spurs ain't exactly young either, the Mavs ain't the only team not winning anything any time soon

I hate people who don't stick with their team but the way Cuban blew up a championship team for this... He deserves all the empty seats a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs to be one and done will bring.

Arrogant and stupid doesn't even begin to describe it

we were one of the youngest teams in the league last year....

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610625 said:
That's not true at all. Dwight isn't signing an extension with anybody period. It doesn't make any sense under the new CBA. The Lakers were on the verge of trading for him at the trade deadline, but Howard opted in.

whats not true? do a quick search, last thing that came out of his camp was he wont extend with anyone but brooklyn "one team on his list" were the exact words

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610639 said:
whats not true? do a quick search, last thing that came out of his camp was he wont extend with anyone but brooklyn "one team on his list" were the exact words

I was talking about the Lakers. They'll trade for him even if he doesn't sign an extension. They almost did it in March.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610645 said:
I was talking about the Lakers. They'll trade for him even if he doesn't sign an extension. They almost did it in March.

oh ok, that would be a big gamble, but bynum isnt signed past this coming season either, right?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4610639 said:

I'd all but guarantee that he would sign extension if he played in LA. I just don't know if he will give that the ok before the trade.

It's highly improbable that he goes to Nets in trade now, so I could see him changing his thinking.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4610646 said:
oh ok, that would be a big gamble, but bynum isnt signed past this coming season either, right?

Correct, both in same contract situation.

Not big gamble IMO, If he resigns than great, if not LA is looking towards 2014 with tons cap flexibility.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4610647 said:
I'd all but guarantee that he would sign extension if he played in LA. I just don't know if he will give that the ok before the trade.

It's highly improbable that he goes to Nets in trade now, so I could see him changing his thinking.

i dont think he would walk from the lakers either, it would have to be a completely explosive relationship with kobe for him to walk. and if that was the case, i could see the lakers trading kobe at that stage of his career and keeping howard. Maybe for the lakers its a thought of whether they will take the bird at hand or the 2 in the bush that could possibly be nothing in a year, however unlikely that may be

Ren

Reaction score
MC KAos;4610637 said:
we were one of the youngest teams in the league last year....

So where the Hornets

unless Duncan, Ginobli and Parker start aging in reverse the clock is ticking