2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
jterrell;4611015 said:
Delonte is almost certainly back.
Kidd is a toss up. He is gonna take highest bid. This is his final contract.

They will let Terry walk because they don't want to go 3 years. JET would have to take 2 years to stay and they may be inclined to let him leave due to age and defense anyways.

They will definitely rebuild. No choice but to add players. Right now not lots of teams have cap space but Dallas does. They can outbid the MLE easily for as many as 3 different players.

What makes you think Delonte will be back? I don't see him staying now that Deron resigned in Brooklyn. I could see him signing with the Lakers (Played for Mike Brown in Cleveland, Boston (Played there in 2010/2011), or Oklahoma City. Maybe even New York.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
jterrell;4611014 said:
They can do pieces but question is do they go all in for 2 years or do they keep the powder dry.

Possible pieces to be had.
Delonte resigned, Kidd resigned, Nash, Arron Brooks, Brandon Roy, CJ Miles, Joel Pryzbilla, Chris Kaman, Anthony Randolph, Camby, Ray Allen. Brandon Bass, Ronny Turiaf, Ilsavoya, Billups, Thabeet, Josh Howard.

Plenty of guys to be had for the bench if you want to overpay for 2 years or give 4 year deals to.

Marion, Haywood and Dirk are all in. That's the starting front court. Gotta find a starting guard combo, 4th front court player.

Right this second:
Roddy, Carter, Marion, Dirk, Haywood.

That's like 8th seed crap. But they have 20m in cap space. They won't field that team.

Keeping amnesty option for later is smart now. Can drop cap cost of a single player by 40m PER YEAR in 2013 and beyond. Easy to eat a terrible contract that way.

OJ MAYO!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4611176 said:
Nash prefers Lakers according to suns people, but they are refusing to trade him to Lakers.

So much for loyalty, Steve.

i dont get why nash should expect the suns to have any sort of loyalty, if he wasnt such a draw, that owner would have gotten rid of him long ago. that guy is one of the cheapest owners in sports! i wish nash would have demanded a trade before, but he just isnt that type of guy.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MC KAos;4611188 said:
i dont get why nash should expect the suns to have any sort of loyalty, if he wasnt such a draw, that owner would have gotten rid of him long ago. that guy is one of the cheapest owners in sports! i wish nash would have demanded a trade before, but he just isnt that type of guy.

He is offering Eric Gordon a max deal. That's not being cheap lol.

Reaction score
Dash28;4611176 said:
Nash prefers Lakers according to suns people, but they are refusing to trade him to Lakers.

So much for loyalty, Steve.

The Suns don't wanna trade him to NY either.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4611252 said:
The Suns don't wanna trade him to NY either.

Isn't he a free agent? Is Nash just doing a S&T to be nice to them?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4610848 said:
http://i112.***BLOCKED***/albums/n163/yozmama/56214387-steve-nashcopy.jpg

:D

Didn't you have a similar photoshop of Deron in Lakers gear?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4611266 said:
Yeah so what?

I was just asking the question. Sensitive much? I couldn't remember for sure where I had seen a Deron in Lakers gear pic.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
joseephuss;4611275 said:
I was just asking the question. Sensitive much? I couldn't remember for sure where I had seen a Deron in Lakers gear pic.

Yeah it was earlier in this thread.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Cuban is a piece of crap, he probably doesn't even care right now.

What have we done so far? Draft Cunningham? Bring Back Carter? This is so bizarre.

Noryb

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what people think about Brook Lopez.

He only played 5 games last year but in the 2010 - 2011 season he averaged 20 pts a game while shooting a decent percentage from the floor. He isn't the defender Howard is but he's only 24 so he's still learning the game and his best days are ahead of him. Also, Williams and Lopez have only played a handful of games together because of Lopez's injury and Williams late addition in 2011.

Howard is the best Center in the NBA but if I were the Nets I'd be excited about this kids potential.

Zordon

Reaction score
Blow it up and go after shabazz muhammed in the draft.