2012 NBA Offseason Thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4611368 said:
Cuban is a piece of crap, he probably doesn't even care right now.

What have we done so far? Draft Cunningham? Bring Back Carter? This is so bizarre.
Really? A piece of crap. Everyone makes mistakes.
Short memory I guess. The did win a freakin NBA title lasy year.
What kind of fan are you?

If you say frsutrated, I'd understand. But how can anyone ever say Cuban--of all owners--does not care.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i wonder if howard will be ok with signing an extension with LA now that they have nash on board. he is the next big domino to fall IMO, i hope his situation is settled before players can start signing

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
DFWJC;4611469 said:
Really? A piece of crap. Everyone makes mistakes.
Short memory I guess. The did win a freakin NBA title lasy year.
What kind of fan are you?

If you say frsutrated, I'd understand. But how can anyone ever say Cuban--of all owners--does not care.

Just stupid people who think you can get whatever you want. Can't fault Cuban for being aggressive. You win some, you lose some.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4611502 said:
i wonder if howard will be ok with signing an extension with LA now that they have nash on board. he is the next big domino to fall IMO, i hope his situation is settled before players can start signing
Eh Nash will barely even be there for the time Howard would be.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4611504 said:
Eh Nash will barely even be there for the time Howard would be.

thats true, but dwight seems to be a lot like our young C&LF and is imprisoned to the moment, he might see al the excitement and want to join it, that guy seriously might be bipolar or something, i mean dwight, not C&LF

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4611509 said:
thats true, but dwight seems to be a lot like our young C&LF and is imprisoned to the moment, he might see al the excitement and want to join it, that guy seriously might be bipolar or something, i mean dwight, not C&LF

It's possible. I think he would sign an extension based on the market value for his endorsements. I really have no idea what he wants.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4611511 said:
It's possible. I think he would sign an extension based on the market value for his endorsements. I really have no idea what he wants.

i had a better idea of what girls wanted when i was 12 than i do of dwight, that guy is an enigma

Reaction score
MC KAos;4611509 said:
Please don't insult me like that. :laugh2:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
MC KAos;4611502 said:

I don't see how signing a 37 year old Nash would make Dwight Howard want to sign an extension more. Good move for LA no doubt, but Dwight's Hesitation has more to do with how good LA will be when Kobe is no longer an elite player.

However, that makes little sense because NBA history has consistently shown that teams are willing to bend over backwards to give LA good players.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4611717 said:
I don't see how signing a 37 year old Nash would make Dwight Howard want to sign an extension more. Good move for LA no doubt, but Dwight's Hesitation has more to do with how good LA will be when Kobe is no longer an elite player.

However, that makes little sense because NBA history has consistently shown that teams are willing to bend over backwards to give LA good players.

I think Nash is 38 or on the verge of it at this point.

Anyway, perhaps the Lakers are the ones that bend over backwards to acquire these players...

Seriously, stew on that one for a second. No first round picks since 2005. Just gave up 2 more for an old guy that could decline at any moment.

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4611717 said:

Dwight has wanted to play with Nash for a long time. Now he's got the chance to.

Reaction score
Crawford, Billups To Sign With Clippers

The Clippers were informed on Thursday that guards Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups intend to sign contracts with the team when the NBA’s moratorium period is lifted for free agents to sign deals, according to NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Crawford, an unrestricted free agent who opted out of his $5.2 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, has been offered a spot by the Clippers. He is expected to sign a three-year, $15.7 million contract, according to the executives.

Billups, who played in just 20 games last season with the Clippers before suffering a season-ending left Achilles tendon surgery, will sign a one-year deal that could be worth up to $4.3 million if he reaches bonuses, the executives said.

With Crawford and Billups reaching deals with*the Clippers,*L.A. cancelled the visit they had planned for free agent shooting guard Ray Allen on Friday.

Source: L.A. Times

Clippers looking pretty good. Looks like they'll let Young go now.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4611734 said:
Seriously, stew on that one for a second. No first round picks since 2005. Just gave up 2 more for an old guy that could decline at any moment.

I know one year, 2009 maybe, the straight sold their first to the Knicks for cash, so that shows you how valuable a late first is worth in the NBA.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4611877 said:
Dwight has wanted to play with Nash for a long time. Now he's got the chance to.

If I'm LA, I'd do a Bynum/Howard swap even without assurances from Howard. For starters, that beats anything NJ or anyone else can offer, and to be honest Bynum's mentality will not allow the Lakers to win a championship. He pouts when he doesn't get his way and will make it difficult for anyone coach minus a Phil Jackson, Popavich, Riley, ect to coach him. It's a risk, but I think if you make the deal and let him know you will not trade him (taking NJ off the table cause now they cannot afford a max deal) then he will resign with LA.

Reaction score
Jameer Nelson To Remain With Magic

Jameer%2BNelson%2BOrlando%2BMagic%2Bv%2BIndiana%2BPacers%2BRgXSeD3Lr4Yl.jpg

Jameer Nelson is staying with the only NBA team he has ever known.

The free-agent point guard told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday that he has reached agreement with the Orlando Magic on a new contract. Nelson did not reveal the length or terms of the deal; later Thursday, he announced the news on his verified Twitter account, just a week after opting out of the final season and nearly $8 million of his contract to test free agency.

"I was prepared to go where I needed to go to continue my career, and I think I kind of expressed that to the organization," the 30-year-old Nelson said, according to the Sentinel. "But I also told them that I would love to come back.

"Genuinely, I love the city. I love the organization. I've learned a lot from the people in the organization. The DeVos family means a lot to myself and my family and it means a lot to me that they always put out a winning product."

Nelson averaged 11.9 points and 5.7 assists per game last season, his eighth in Orlando.

Source: ESPN

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4611734 said:
Anyway, perhaps the Lakers are the ones that bend over backwards to acquire these players...

Yea, the Lakers really got screwed acquiring Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol. Probably a few more lesser known guys, but I think the point is clear.

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4612053 said:
If I'm LA, I'd do a Bynum/Howard swap even without assurances from Howard. For starters, that beats anything NJ or anyone else can offer, and to be honest Bynum's mentality will not allow the Lakers to win a championship. He pouts when he doesn't get his way and will make it difficult for anyone coach minus a Phil Jackson, Popavich, Riley, ect to coach him. It's a risk, but I think if you make the deal and let him know you will not trade him (taking NJ off the table cause now they cannot afford a max deal) then he will resign with LA.

Well the Lakers were about to take that risk at the trade deadline then Dwight inexplicably opted in.