2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
looks like the spurs will lose out on lorbek, and athletic big that they have the rights to that plays in spain. he is getting offered 3 million a year to stay, thats big money over there, and more than the rookie wage he would make with the spurs.

at least it looks like the spurs will be able to get de colo (french backup PG, 6'5", big body, athletic, sort of like a homeless man's DWill) so thats a decent enough start, hopefully we can get camby or kaman and resign diaw, that would make me pretty happy.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4614729 said:
Brooklyn Nets emerge again as strong contender to land Dwight Howard

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-emerge-again-as-strong-contender-to-land-dwight-howard.html

starting to come from reputable sources now, hmmmm

Drew doesn't wanna sign an extension in Orlando. Can't blame him at all. That team is in free fall. They just gave away their 2nd best player Ryan Andersen. If I were Bynum I wouldn't wanna stay in Orlando either. In L.A. he'll be playing with two future hall of famers and have a legit at winning another title. He'll be the man anyway when Nash and Kobe retire in a couple of years.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4614732 said:
Drew doesn't wanna sign an extension in Orlando. Can't blame him at all. That team is in free fall. They just gave away their 2nd best player Ryan Andersen. If I were Bynum I wouldn't wanna stay in Orlando either. In L.A. he'll be playing with two future hall of famers and have a legit at winning another title. He'll be the man anyway when Nash and Kobe retire in a couple of years.

i agree, and thats why ultimately the lakers might not get howard. as the article says, if bynum is traded, he is going to explore free agency, if not, he is going to take the max from the lakers.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
With Dwight Howard close to joining Deron Williams in Brooklyn. Jerry Sloan & Stan Van Gundy called to tell Avery Johnson "good luck".

hehe, if this trade goes down, avery johnson will be under the same scrutiny that spoelstra was before their title

MC KAos

Reaction score
#ChrisBroussardTweet "Sources tell me that Dwight Howard will be playing for one of the 30 NBA teams next season".

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4614743 said:
Hope it does. Sick and tired of this drama.

ya, after its over with, the picture will be much more clear

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;4614740 said:
#ChrisBroussardTweet "Sources tell me that Dwight Howard will be playing for one of the 30 NBA teams next season".
:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Evil Tim Tebow ‏@EvilTimTebow_
Dwight Howard thinks he can come to NY?! I'll ravage him with dysentery & curse him with the shooting ability of Chris Dudley. #NYTakeover
Retweeted by Not Bill Walton

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Latest Rumor that I have heard is that the TWolves might be considering trading Kevin Love for Pau Gasol. I don't know if this has any legs to it. I know that Love has made some comments about Minnesota's management and that he is not happy in Minnesota but who knows? Anyhow, that's the latest I've heard.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4615004 said:
Latest Rumor that I have heard is that the TWolves might be considering trading Kevin Love for Pau Gasol. I don't know if this has any legs to it. I know that Love has made some comments about Minnesota's management and that he is not happy in Minnesota but who knows? Anyhow, that's the latest I've heard.

Do you have a link? I read an article where he basically said he'll demand a trade if Minny doesn't become real good real quick. Here it is.

Kevin Love is the only Team USA player without a single postseason appearance.

In an interview with Yahoo! Sports, Love urged Minnesota's management to acquire the necessary talent to make the franchise a contender. If the Timberwolves don't start winning this season, Love isn't sure how long he'll want to be a part of Minnesota's future.

"My patience is not high," Love said. "Would yours be, especially when I'm a big proponent of greatness surrounding itself with greatness? All these [Team USA] guys seem to have great players around them.

"It's tough seeing all these guys that are young and older who have all played in the playoffs. When they start talking about that, I have nothing to talk about. If I don’t make the playoffs next year I don’t know what will happen."

Source: Marcus Spears

He can be a free agent in 2014 and the Lakers will have cap space.

Here's some more Dwight news.

Sounds like Kris Humphries/Nets are now sticking point (and not Cavs) in deal that would send Dwight Howard to Nets and Humphries to Cavs.

Source: Sam Amico

DFWJC

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4615004 said:
Love played at UCLA, so that part makes sense. The winning part too :)