2012 NBA Offseason Thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4615013 said:
Do you have a link? I read an article where he basically said he'll demand a trade if Minny doesn't become real good real quick. Here it is.

Source: Marcus Spears

He can be a free agent in 2014 and the Lakers will have cap space.

Here's some more Dwight news.

Source: Sam Amico

Only the Yahoo interview and several sources speculating but if you recall, in 2011, there was a deal on the table for both teams concerning this trade. Again in January of this year, both teams discussed this trade prior to the extension of Love. I think both teams are interested in doing something but I don't know if it can be done or not. It would take more then just a straight trade. Might need another team involved here. Hard to say if this really has legs or not but there is history behind this rumor.

Reaction score
Bucks Resign Ersan Ilyasova

Screen-shot-2012-03-15-at-12.47.02-PM-e1331830059754.png

Sources confirmed a report on the basketball Web site HoopsHype Sunday afternoon that the club was close to a deal that would keep forward Ersan Ilyasova in Milwaukee on a five-year, $45 million deal.

Ilyasova was one of the top free agents on the market at power forward, a “stretch four” who finished tied for second in the league in three-point percentage last season (.455) with Warriors guard Stephen Curry. But he also averaged 8.8 rebounds to go with his 13 points per game, posting 20 double-doubles for the Bucks and finishing second to Orlando’s Ryan Anderson in voting for Most Improved Player.

Source: David Aldridge

Reaction score
In proposed blockbuster, Orlando would send Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark to Brooklyn, sources tell Y! Sports.

In current structure of deal, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, sources tell Y!

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski

This is a HORRIBLE trade for Orlando. They're better off taking the gamble with Bynum than accepting this crap trade.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4615079 said:
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski

This is a HORRIBLE trade for Orlando. They're better off taking the gamble with Bynum than accepting this crap trade.

A Laker/Magic trade would already have happened if either player in question would agree to sign an extension. We have all heard about Howard but Bynum doesn't want to sign an extension either because he knows that if he waits a year, he can sign a max contract with the Lakers who will have a lot of cap to spend in the next few years.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4615081 said:
A Laker/Magic trade would already have happened if either player in question would agree to sign an extension. We have all heard about Howard but Bynum doesn't want to sign an extension either because he knows that if he waits a year, he can sign a max contract with the Lakers who will have a lot of cap to spend in the next few years.

I don't blame Drew one bit either. If I was him no way I'd sign an extension with that garbage franchise.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4615089 said:
I don't blame Drew one bit either. If I was him no way I'd sign an extension with that garbage franchise.

by the same token, how can you blame the magic for not trading for him without signing the extension? id rather take the junk the nets might give them than be in the same situation with a lesser player in bynum.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4615119 said:
by the same token, how can you blame the magic for not trading for him without signing the extension? id rather take the junk the nets might give them than be in the same situation with a lesser player in bynum.

I disagree I'd rather take a risk with Bynum than accepting the Nets garbage. This is a laughable offer. I hope this deal goes through so I can laugh at the Magic for accepting one of the worst trades of all time and we can finally move on from the clown and improve our depth. All Orlando would be getting is an average center in Brook Lopez who can't rebound or defend to save his life, a couple of scrubs, and a few useless picks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MC KAos;4615119 said:

I don't think you can blame them for not taking a trade that doesn't guarantee the player for more then a year. I absolutely think you can blame them for not taking the trade earlier when they had the opportunity to trade for Bynum and get an extension done. That is absolutely on Orlando IMO.

Reaction score
A four-team deal featuring this many pieces is complicated. Many of the players involved must agree to sign-and-trade. Plenty of obstacles.

Source: Alex Kennedy

This is not only one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen, but one of the most complicated. Don't see it happening.

juck

Reaction score
I hope Portland offers Max to Lopez since they lost on Hibbert. That would crush the trade. If Nets get D12 too thats absurd. Stern is gonna have to block it.

Reaction score
Dwight Howard Trade Close

howardx-large.jpg

The Brooklyn Nets' persistent efforts to land Magic center Dwight Howard are getting close to paying off, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets and Magic are cautiously optimistic that the Cavaliers and Clippers will help them facilitate a four-way trade that lands Howard in Brooklyn.

According to sources the Nets would receive Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark in the proposed deal. The Magic would get Brook Lopez in a sign-and-trade, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers. The Cavs would get Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first round pick from the Nets and three million in cash. The Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks.

Source: ESPN

juck

Reaction score
If this happens Nets or Miami basically will get a ring next year. Almost a given.What competition will they have?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Stop hammering the thread with trade rumors and tweets. I think we all get it now that the trade is supposed to be almost happening.

When it happens, post it. Otherwise, let's keep the thread about discussion and less about spamming tweets of "sources" saying the deal is near.

Temo

Reaction score
My Nets have zero depth if this trade goes through. And I mean zero. The bench will have Reggie Evans, Tyshawn Taylor, and Shengalia. Probably the worst bench in the league.

I don't see them being better than any of the teams C&LFan just listed.

Reaction score
Mr. Kardashian doesn't want a one year deal he wants a long term deal. Cleveland doesn't wanna give him one. In other words this trade is DEAD.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Temo;4615427 said:
My Nets have zero depth if this trade goes through. And I mean zero. The bench will have Reggie Evans, Tyshawn Taylor, and Shengalia. Probably the worst bench in the league.

I don't see them being better than any of the teams C&LFan just listed.

Reality is none of the teams he listed have an amazing bench either. Just a bunch of college and international...almost stars.