2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4615990 said:
Not really. He's guaranteed so he has 3 years and a 4th option year I think. He could easily tank two seasons in an attempt to force a trade and just play strong in his 3rd season and then opt out. If he plays well in this Olympics and then just continues to voice his displeasure, he could easily make it hard on Minnesota. I'm not saying that I would want to see that happen, I don't really love Love. I never really liked him, even at UCLA, but still, lots of players do that year in and year out and end up getting paid.

thats true there are enough stupid teams out there

MC KAos

Reaction score
hopefully after playing in the olympics, boris will come into camp in shape! i wonder if he is going to continue to live in TP's pool house like he did last season, might have to start calling him the fresh prince of alamo heights :D

Reaction score
Pacers Will Match Roy Hibbert's Offer Sheet

11262406-large.jpg

The Indiana Pacers plan to match the Portland Trail Blazers' offer to restricted free agent Roy Hibbert, the Indianapolis Star reported on Monday.

ESPN has confirmed the Pacers' plans for Hibbert.

Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Portland offered the center a four-year, $58 million contract, the maximum allowed under the collective bargaining agreement.

The Pacers drafted Hibbert with the 17th overall pick in 2008 and the Georgetown product has seen his scoring and rebounding averages rise every season, reaching a career-high 12.8 points and 8.8 rebounds in the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season.

With Hibbert anchoring their frontcourt, the Pacers were 42-24 this year and lost to the Miami Heat in six games in the second round of the playoffs.

Source

Tim Duncan Re-Signs With Spurs

tim-duncan-2012.jpg

Tim Duncan will sign a three-year contract with the Spurs this week, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Duncan's representatives and the Spurs are finalizing a few items, but the structure has been agreed upon.

The Spurs have reached agreements with free agents Danny Green (three years, $12 million) and Boris Diaw (two years, $9.2 million). They also have a struck a deal to re-sign guard Patty Mills, who opted out of his contract after last season, and intend to add French guard Nando De Colo.
Duncan, 36, declared himself "a Spur for life" during the Western Conference finals, and showed little interest in testing the free-agent market. He averaged 15.4 points and nine rebounds last season.

Source: Yahoo Sports

One of my favorite players of all time. Good to see him continue playing.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616007 said:

15 years ago no way this happens, just goes to show you how weak the big man pool is in the nba now. also goes to show you why you can never count out the lakers, there are maybe 5 great back to the basket players right now, and the lakers have 2 of them

MC KAos

Reaction score
TIMMAY!!!!! 3 more years! i need to make it to every game the spurs play here in dallas! now that the mavs are gonna suck tickets should come pretty cheap! gotta get as much of his greatness in before he retires! hopefully my son will remember watching him play in his last year 3 years from now, he will be 6 so i think he will!

GO SPURS GO!

MC KAos

Reaction score
in honor of his signing, here are some great timmy quotes...

"We don't market. We just try to win."

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best."

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Blake Griffin, Clips OK extension

By Ramona Shelburne | ESPNLosAngeles.com

Updated: July 10, 2012, 1:45 PM ET

Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin has agreed to a five-year contract extension, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Griffin could earn as much as $95 million dollars over the course of the five-year extension if he is voted an All-Star starter again or named to a second All-NBA team next season under the so-called "Derrick Rose Rule" in the new collective bargaining agreement.

Under another clause in the new CBA, rookies may extend their contracts by four years. However, a team may designate one player to sign a five-year extension.

Click on this link to read the entire article:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-clippers-oks-five-year-95m-deal-source-says

MC KAos

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4616128 said:
Blake Griffin, Clips OK extension

By Ramona Shelburne | ESPNLosAngeles.com

Updated: July 10, 2012, 1:45 PM ET

Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin has agreed to a five-year contract extension, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Griffin could earn as much as $95 million dollars over the course of the five-year extension if he is voted an All-Star starter again or named to a second All-NBA team next season under the so-called "Derrick Rose Rule" in the new collective bargaining agreement.

Under another clause in the new CBA, rookies may extend their contracts by four years. However, a team may designate one player to sign a five-year extension.

Click on this link to read the entire article:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-clippers-oks-five-year-95m-deal-source-says

interesting, i wonder what CP3 will end up doing

MC KAos

Reaction score
looks like the spurs are resigning mills and bringing de colo over from europe also. sucks it didnt work out with lorbek, but we have had a nice spurs type offseason so far

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nets' deal for Magic center Dwight Howard jeopardized after Cavs withdraw

By Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports – 28 minutes ago

The Cleveland Cavaliers are no longer willing to be third-team facilitators for a blockbuster trade that would send Orlando Magic All-Star center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets, severely jeopardizing the Nets' ability to acquire Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The development has pushed the Magic to continue negotiating with several teams, especially two teams in the Western Conference: the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets.

Click on this link to read entire article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...t-howard-jepoardized-after-cavs-withdraw.html

juck

Reaction score
casmith07;4616241 said:
Someone wake me up when it actually happens.
Thats what Im sayin. Who cares now....Just sign in DFW already. lol

MC KAos

Reaction score
god, i wish he would just get traded already!! this is worst than waiting for wade phillips to get fired!

MC KAos

Reaction score
rashard lewis apparently is signing with the heat for the minimum! dear god, if they would have signed camby they would have been unbeatable! they are getting pretty damn close though! they have depth now!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Reports are surfacing that Orland is now working on putting together a deal with the Lakers and another unidentified team for Howard.

Ben Schmitz is tweeting that Orlando isinclined to take "best deal" and aren't entertaining idea of playing hardball to keep Dwight longer to enhance another trade.

See what happens.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4616313 said:
Reports are surfacing that Orland is now working on putting together a deal with the Lakers and another unidentified team for Howard.

Ben Schmitz is tweeting that Orlando isinclined to take "best deal" and aren't entertaining idea of playing hardball to keep Dwight longer to enhance another trade.

See what happens.

i dont think the magic will trade with the lakers unless bynum extends, and i highly doubt that happens

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616330 said:
i dont think the magic will trade with the lakers unless bynum extends, and i highly doubt that happens

They don't have a choice. They're not get a better deal than Bynum. They can either take the risk of Bynum or accept a crappy deal like the one Brooklyn offered.

MC KAos;4616306 said:
rashard lewis apparently is signing with the heat for the minimum! dear god, if they would have signed camby they would have been unbeatable! they are getting pretty damn close though! they have depth now!

Lewis done. He won't get any playing time anyway. Won't help them.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616335 said:
They don't have a choice. They're not get a better deal than Bynum. They can either take the risk of Bynum or accept a crappy deal like the one Brooklyn offered.

that makes 0 sense, why would they get into the exact same situation they are in now, but with a lesser player? if he is traded to the lakers, they are getting more than just bynum, or his signature on a contract extension.