2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616335 said:
Lewis done. He won't get any playing time anyway. Won't help them.

he will be lebron's primary backup, i bet he gets lots of minutes in the regular season, at least if the heat are smart and limit lebron's minutes better than they have the past 2 years

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616338 said:
that makes 0 sense, why would they get into the exact same situation they are in now, but with a lesser player? if he is traded to the lakers, they are getting more than just bynum, or his signature on a contract extension.

How does it make zero sense? They got a legit All Star center for Howard. No one else can offer that. It's way better than taking a crappy deal for Dwight. Neither Howard or Bynum are signing an extensions. Just doesn't make sense under the new CBA. You can get alot more money by just signing a new contract.

MC KAos;4616339 said:
he will be lebron's primary backup, i bet he gets lots of minutes in the regular season, at least if the heat are smart and limit lebron's minutes better than they have the past 2 years

No he won't. Shane Battier or Mike Miller will be LeBron's primary backup. Even if he was he shot under 30 percent from 3. He's done.

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616306 said:
rashard lewis apparently is signing with the heat for the minimum! dear god, if they would have signed camby they would have been unbeatable! they are getting pretty damn close though! they have depth now!

:) I'm a happy camper!

Reaction score
Noryb;4616355 said:
:) I'm a happy camper!

You're happy you got a guy who shot under 25 percent from 3?

The Atlanta Hawks have agreed to a multiyear contract with free-agent guard Lou Williams, a league source told ESPN.com.

Williams averaged 14.9 points and 3.5 assists with the Philadelphia 76ers last season.

Source: ESPN

Noryb

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616357 said:
You're happy you got a guy who shot under 25 percent from 3?

He shot 38% for his career.

I'm not a huge fan of his game but he provides depth, especially if Miller's back doesn't improve.

Reaction score
Lakers, Magic, & Rockets 3 Team Deal?

andrew-bynum-and-dwight-howard-battle1.jpg

The Orlando Magic are still trying to find a graceful way out of the Dwight Howard situation.

While many hours have been spent exploring various deals with the Brooklyn Nets, so far Orlando has yet to trigger anything but rumors, speculation and anticipation.

Trying to construct a three or four team deal is difficult but when you add in the sign and trade factor, it’s only compounded by conflicting interests.

Brooklyn still has a real chance to get Dwight but other suitors are still in pursuit.

HOOPSWORLD has learned that there’s been preliminary discussion between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets that would involve sending Andrew Bynum to the Rockets and Howard to the Lakers.

Source: Eric Pincus

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616353 said:
How does it make zero sense? They got a legit All Star center for Howard. No one else can offer that. It's way better than taking a crappy deal for Dwight. Neither Howard or Bynum are signing an extensions. Just doesn't make sense under the new CBA. You can get alot more money by just signing a new contract.

and you make no sense either, so you are saying bynum wont extend with the magic, but its best for them to take that deal? why would they trade a year of the best center in the league for a year of the second best center in the league? its basically the same situation, a center that will leave after the 2013 season. the nets offer or the hawks or rocket's offers might be less enticing, but they get them long term, its not a one year rental. if they wanted to do a one year rental, they can keep the best center in the league for that.

MC KAos

Reaction score
by this time tomorrow, its going to be a 5 player trade with howard ending up with caja laboral or CSKW moscow! im not believing anything until its official.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616392 said:
and you make no sense either, so you are saying bynum wont extend with the magic, but its best for them to take that deal? why would they trade a year of the best center in the league for a year of the second best center in the league? its basically the same situation, a center that will leave after the 2013 season. the nets offer or the hawks or rocket's offers might be less enticing, but they get them long term, its not a one year rental. if they wanted to do a one year rental, they can keep the best center in the league for that.

Because getting Bynum is better than taking a crappy offer from Brooklyn. It's not a given that Bynum would leave. It's moot point since Bynum is probably going to Houston.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616398 said:
Because getting Bynum is better than taking a crappy offer from Brooklyn. It's not a given that Bynum would leave. It's moot point since Bynum is probably going to Houston.

if i was running the magic id rather take those young players from brooklyn than getting back in the same situation with a lesser player. And you need to stop living in the moment with these howard rumors, im sure there will be about 3 or 4 other scenarios and destinations that will pop up over the next few days, maybe even weeks, for howard. im sure by this time tomorrow, there will be another nets rumor, so dont get too carried away with these reports until its done, just a waste of time i think.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616406 said:
if i was running the magic id rather take those young players from brooklyn than getting back in the same situation with a lesser player. And you need to stop living in the moment with these howard rumors, im sure there will be about 3 or 4 other scenarios and destinations that will pop up over the next few days, maybe even weeks, for howard. im sure by this time tomorrow, there will be another nets rumor, so dont get too carried away with these reports until its done, just a waste of time i think.

The Nets have nothing to offer. I don't see Orlando trading with them. This three team deals makes too much sense to not happen.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616367 said:
HOOPSWORLD has learned that there’s been preliminary discussion between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets that would involve sending Andrew Bynum to the Rockets and Howard to the Lakers. Source: Eric Pincus
This deal intrigues me, but it would be just like the Rox to get screwed out of the deal. lol

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4616411 said:
This deal intrigues me, but it would be just like the Rox to get screwed out of the deal. lol

How do they get screwed? Dwight isn't extending there, but Bynum probably would. Houston was on Drew's list.

Dorell Wright Traded To 76ers

Dorell-Wright-short-curly-hairstyles-2012.jpg

The Philadelphia 76ers, the team with all the wings.

The 76ers have acquired small forward Dorell Wright from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for a future draft pick, according to CSN Philly.

After drafting wing player Moe Harkless with the 15th pick and signing Nick Young to go with Evan Turner, Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young, the 76ers have added yet another perimeter-oriented player in Wright.

Wright is one of the best 3-point shooters in the league and at 6-9 has some solid defensive chops as well. He can play two positions well, knock down shots and defend the perimeter.

The 76ers were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs in seven games by the Boston Celtics, with one reason being their inability to score points consistently.

Wright, 26, spent six of his eight seasons in Miami before playing the last two with the Warriors. He developed into an extremely gifted shooter, hitting over 37 percent of his 3s the past three years. During the 2010-11 season, he averaged 16.4 points and 5.3 rebounds per game for the Warriors.

Source: CBS Sports

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616408 said:
The Nets have nothing to offer. I don't see Orlando trading with them. This three team deals makes too much sense to not happen.

making sense has never been part of the way nba teams run themselves. i guarantee you there will be about 4 other trade scenarios that will pop up before something actually happens, and i guarantee you at least 1 of those will involve the nets again.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Rockets and Magic discussing direct two-team deals for Dwight-to-HOU

Rockets' position strengthened, sources say, by fact no team has yet offered Magic better pick than first-rounder via Toronto in Lowry trade

what do you know! YET ANOTHER TRADE SCENARIO!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616435 said:
Rockets and Magic discussing direct two-team deals for Dwight-to-HOU

Rockets' position strengthened, sources say, by fact no team has yet offered Magic better pick than first-rounder via Toronto in Lowry trade

what do you know! YET ANOTHER TRADE SCENARIO!

Not really it's the same one.

Rockets and Magic discussing direct two-team deals for Dwight-to-HOU & three-team scenario reported by @EricPincus. Story going online now

Source: Marc Stein

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616436 said:
Not really it's the same one.

Source: Marc Stein

no its not, before it was a three team trade, now its also a direct trade, its 2 completely different trades, with two completely different landing spots for lord dwight howard

Reaction score
The Houston Rockets have joined the Los Angeles Lakers and the Brooklyn Nets as the most serious potential trade partners with the Orlando Magic on a Dwight Howard deal, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets are discussing a multitude of trade scenarios with the Magic, offering to serve both as the team that would acquire Howard in a direct trade between the clubs and also as a third team that would participate in a trade that lands Howard with the Lakers and brings All-Star center Andrew Bynum to Houston.

For Houston it basically comes to do they want Dwight who has made it clear he won't stay in Houston long term or Bynum or said he would consider staying in Houston long term.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616441 said:

For Houston it basically comes to do they want Dwight who has made it clear he won't stay in Houston long term or Bynum or said he would consider staying in Houston long term.

except it doesnt come down to houston, its up to the magic to make the ultimate decision, the rockets will just be happy with a top 2 big man either way. if i was them id rather take bynum though, pretty decent chance he would stay, not so much with howard.