2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
MC KAos;4616971 said:
what do you know, new rumors with the nets! like i said before, this dwightmare wont be over until the fat lady sings.

Yeah, but Brooklyn is getting ready to move on from the Dwightmare if they can't agree to a deal soon. Don't blame them. Wish my Lakers would do the same.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616998 said:
Yeah, but Brooklyn is getting ready to move on from the Dwightmare if they can't agree to a deal soon. Don't blame them. Wish my Lakers would do the same.

yeah, but i think they are only being forced to move on because of the offers brook is getting from other teams, they pretty much have to get something done today, which isnt going to happen, so they should be out of the picture soon.

to be honest, if i was them, id work out some kind of sign and trade with one of the teams that want him, maybe batum? IDK what portland is willing to give up, but i just dont think its smart to have lopez making max money on your roster when you have joe johnson and dwill already with those massive contracts, brook certainly doesnt deserve that kind of money

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MC KAos;4616971 said:
what do you know, new rumors with the nets! like i said before, this dwightmare wont be over until the fat lady sings.

Charlotte and Portland have both offered Lopez a 4 year Max offer and are saying that they will sign him today if he accepts the offer. This is bad news for the Nets. They would have to sweeten the deal I would think, in order to get Lopez to go with them. IDK.

Reaction score
2849_howard_1.jpg

Dwight in a Lakers hat? Can't see the front, but that looks alot like a Lakers hat I have.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4617013 said:

Agree with them. First of all the talent level between the two is minimal at best. Hell Bynum might be more talented, Dwight is just more consistent. Bynum averaged 19/12 as a #2 option playing next to Kobe Bryant who shoots more than anyone in the league. Dwight averaged 21/14 as the #1 option. Second Bynum would extend long term in Houston, Dwight won't. Really not a hard decision at all if you're Houston.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616998 said:

Whats your problem with dwight?

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4617051 said:
Whats your problem with dwight?

He's a bipolar and indecisive clown that is too scared to play for the Lakers because he's scared of Shaq's shadow. I'd rather have a guy like Bynum who isn't scared of the spotlight. I'll never forget this in Bynum's rookie year. Bynum was my age and took on the greatest player of this generation in Shaq. (Along with Kobe and Duncan).

[youtube]watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao[/youtube]

Reaction score
Dwight Howard Trade To Nets Dead

dwight-howard.jpg

A potential trade of Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets is dead after a last-gasp attempt to work a trade fell through Wednesday afternoon, a source said.

Sources said the Nets decided they had to know by Wednesday if they could complete a trade for Howard.

General manager Billy King is meeting with the agent for center Brook Lopez in Los Angeles on Wednesday, sources said, and it was expected that he would either sign Lopez with the intent on dealing him to the Orlando Magic for Howard or sign Lopez with the idea of keeping him and moving forward without Howard.

The Nets were convinced the chance of making a deal for Howard will be undermined as teams sign free agents and eliminate their flexibility to be trade partners in providing the draft picks, salary-cap room and young talent the Magic are seeking for their disgruntled All-Star center.

Lopez's agent has been pushing the Nets to either sign Lopez themselves or do a sign-and-trade by the end of the day, sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford. The Nets are fearful that Lopez will receive an offer sheet from another team if they don't act by the end of the day, which would kill the opportunity to move him in a sign-and-trade for Howard.

There are rising fears within the Nets, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, that the Portland Trail Blazers will come after Lopez -- a restricted free agent -- as their next frontcourt target after a bid to sign fellow restricted free agent Roy Hibbert away from Indiana has been foiled by the Pacers, who have matched the four-year offer to Hibbert worth nearly $60 million that Portland had intended to offer but ultimately decided against.

Source: ESPN

The Dwightmare continues. :banghead:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4617018 said:
Agree with them. First of all the talent level between the two is minimal at best. Hell Bynum might be more talented, Dwight is just more consistent. Bynum averaged 19/12 as a #2 option playing next to Kobe Bryant who shoots more than anyone in the league. Dwight averaged 21/14 as the #1 option. Second Bynum would extend long term in Houston, Dwight won't. Really not a hard decision at all if you're Houston.

ya, must be why the lakers are ready to trade him for howard :rolleyes:

Reaction score
MC KAos;4617218 said:
ya, must be why the lakers are ready to trade him for howard :rolleyes:

It's only because of the injury history. If Bynum didn't have an injury history he wouldn't be on the trading block. The stats don't lie there isn't much of a difference between Bynum and Howard. As I said earlier Howard averaged 21/14 as the #1 option for Orlando, Bynum averaged 19/12 as the #2 option for the Lakers.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4617226 said:
It's only because of the injury history. If Bynum didn't have an injury history he wouldn't be on the trading block. The stats don't lie there isn't much of a difference between Bynum and Howard. As I said earlier Howard averaged 21/14 as the #1 option for Orlando, Bynum averaged 19/12 as the #2 option for the Lakers.

number 1 option argument goes both ways, bud. if you are the number 1 option, you are also the number 1 target of a defense. when teams play the lakers, they focus on kobe first, second, and third, then they focus on bynum and gasol. when they focused on the magic, it was dwight, dwight, dwight, then some more dwight, followed by perimeter defense rotation, then some more dwight

MC KAos

Reaction score
and dwight howard just had a very complicated back surgery, so your injury argument is bogus

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4617257 said:
Not really. That's his 1st major injury while Bynum has had several.

yes, one happened a few months ago, the other hasnt missed significant time in a few years, but the lakers are worried about the injury of the latter? wake up man, bynum isnt in the same class as howard overall, thats why the lakers want to trade the younger bynum for the older howard, and take bad contracts while they are at it.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4617264 said:
yes, one happened a few months ago, the other hasnt missed significant time in a few years, but the lakers are worried about the injury of the latter? wake up man, bynum isnt in the same class as howard overall, thats why the lakers want to trade the younger bynum for the older howard, and take bad contracts while they are at it.

It doesn't matter injury history is injury history. You can keep telling yourself that Bynum isn't in Howard's class if you want, but the stats don't lie. They're in the same class.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4617271 said:
It doesn't matter injury history is injury history. You can keep telling yourself that Bynum isn't in Howard's class if you want, but the stats don't lie. They're in the same class.

they dont lie? they had 1 year, last year, of similar productivity, what happened every other year? and dont get me started on how much better of a defender howard is! you know, back in the day, you might be too young to remember, but there was a guy named shareef abdur rahim that put up similar numbers to tim duncan, does that mean that guy is or was as good or even half as good? absolutely not. howard is the better overall player, if it was that close, the lakers would just extend bynum and trade pau for something.