2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616447 said:
Marc Stein just said on ESPN that the Rockets would take Bynum on in a heartbeat and do not fear him leaving.

ya, they are pretty confident they can pull a D will on him. his head coach is one of the greatest low post players ever, and im sure he would get pointers from the dream as well, its a good situation for the lakers and rockets, but who knows what the magic get, and they are the ones making the ultimate decision.

MC KAos

Reaction score
good summation from ford

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
If Magic want best player? Lakers best partner. Best package of players? Hawks. Want to blow it up? Rockets. None of the above? Nets

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4616453 said:
good summation from ford

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
If Magic want best player? Lakers best partner. Best package of players? Hawks. Want to blow it up? Rockets. None of the above? Nets

And you said you would accept Nets deal, makes no sense.

That Nets deal was horrible and that's being nice.

LA and Hou best options by far, ATL has good offer too.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616007 said:
Source

Source: Yahoo Sports

One of my favorite players of all time. Good to see him continue playing.

I am ecstatic right now about the Spurs last few days. Honestly, the only negative since the offseason started would be that Lorbek is staying in Europe, leaving our frontline a bit weak still. I would have preferred that the Spurs draft Sacre, a legit 7 footer with decent offensive skills, than Denmon....but they took Gary Neal part 2 instead.

Still, Green, Diaw, Mills, De Colo, and of course Duncan..............to quote the Nature Boy.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4616529 said:
And you said you would accept Nets deal, makes no sense.

That Nets deal was horrible and that's being nice.

LA and Hou best options by far, ATL has good offer too.

and i stand by that, bynum might be the best player they can get, but they wont be able to retain him, so whats the point? if i was the GM of the magic, id take the hawks trade first, then the rockets, then houston. if bynum extends, id do that one in a heartbeat, but thats not gonna happen

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4616536 said:
and i stand by that, bynum might be the best player they can get, but they wont be able to retain him, so whats the point? if i was the GM of the magic, id take the hawks trade first, then the rockets, then houston. if bynum extends, id do that one in a heartbeat, but thats not gonna happen

Bynum never said he wouldn't resign, nobody has any clue what is going on outside of LA,ORL,HOU with that talk.

What I do know and the entire world too, is that Nets four team offer was ridiculous.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4616543 said:
Bynum never said he wouldn't resign, nobody has any clue what is going on outside of LA,ORL,HOU with that talk.

What I do know and the entire world too, is that Nets four team offer was ridiculous.

well, if he signs BEFORE the trade, then i think its a no brainer, but if not, its a pretty huge gamble they would be taking.

Reaction score
Dwight Howard Update

Pizza-and-Beer-2012-NBA-Trade-Deadline-Roundup-Deals-trades-basketball-signings-Ellis-Dwight-Howard-Fisher-Sessions-Nene-Jefferson-Wallace-Camby-Bogut-recap-2.jpg

The Orlando Magic are talking to the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets in various trade scenarios involving Dwight Howard, according to league sources. However, a source directly involved in the discussions said Tuesday night that no deal involving Howard going to either team was likely at the moment — though the situation remains fluid and could re-heat at any moment.

Discussions with the Brooklyn Nets, the one team Howard has said he’d be willing to sign a contract extension with after this season, were “quiet,” the source said Tuesday. A proposed four-team deal involving the Nets, Magic, Cavaliers and Clippers never came near fruition, and the Nets started looking for different trade partners Monday. In that complicated deal, Howard would have gone to Brooklyn, with the Nets sending center Brook Lopez (in a sign and trade deal) along with three future first-round picks to Orlando, and Cleveland taking Nets free agent Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade deal. A fourth team, reportedly at various points the Clippers, Bobcats or Timberwolves, would have taken another Nets player, guard MarShon Brooks. But another source said Tuesday reports that that deal was anywhere near close were “way premature” because of all the moving parts involved.

Source: David Aldridge

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Heat to sign Rashard Lewis. They're adding some quality vets to their bench.

Reaction score
New free-agent development: G Jerryd Bayless has reached an agreement to sign with Memphis. Deal on course to be finalized later Wednesday

Source: Marc Stein

******. :banghead:

Wanted this guy. Once again we lose out on another solid player because we're too busy trying to land the clown.

Rockets remain strongly engaged w/ Orlando in direct talks for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y! They've spent little time on 3-way scenarios.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski

Screw the Rockets. Offer Bynum/Blake for Howard/J-Rich. If they decline than move on.

MC KAos

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
#ChrisBroussardTweet "A source just told me that free agents are allowed to sign today as of Midnight".

lol

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4616820 said:

haha, i remember when blake missed that shot at the end of one of the games vs the thunder, farmar tweeted something along the lines of..."you know who would have hit that shot, righ?"

LOL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rockets trade point guard Kyle Lowry to Toronto

Posted Jul 11 2012 12:35PM

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Rockets began a busy day by officially trading point guard Kyle Lowry to Toronto for a future first-round lottery pick and forward Gary Forbes.

The Rockets have been collecting draft picks for a potential package to entice Orlando to send All-Star center Dwight Howard their way. The Lowry deal was in place several days ago, but Wednesday was the first day teams could finalize the moves they've made since free agency began on July 1.

Click on link below to read the entire article:
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/11/rockets-moves.ap/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

This appears to be a move that would help Houston secure a trade for Howard, which I would assume is targeted for a follow on trade with L.A. for Bynum.