2012 NBA Offseason Thread

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knicks to likely pass on Jeremy Lin after acquiring Raymond Felton

After the New York Knicks reached agreement Saturday on a sign-and-trade deal with the Portland Trail Blazers to acquire point guard Raymond Felton, Lin's future with the Knicks now appears uncertain at best. New York had been widely expected to match the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Lin signed with the Houston Rockets, but now already has three point guards under contract: veteran Jason Kidd, Felton and Argentine guard Pablo Prigioni. One league source said it's now "highly doubtful" the Knicks match Lin's offer sheet.

"He did not see this happening," Peter Diepenbrock, Lin's coach at Palo Alto High School, told Yahoo! Sports. "He sounded surprised."

The Knicks officially have until 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday to match the Rockets' offer sheet. Sources close to the Rockets and Lin said Saturday night they had yet to be told of the Knicks' decision. But with Kidd recently signing a three-year, $9 million contract and Felton receiving a three-year, $10 million deal, the Knicks already have made a substantial investment at the point guard position

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...eremy-lin-after-acquiring-raymond-felton.html

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Am I the only person who can't stand Carmelo Anthony? He just rubs me the wrong way. His comment on Lin's contract annoys me.

Reaction score
Muhast;4620933 said:
Am I the only person who can't stand Carmelo Anthony? He just rubs me the wrong way. His comment on Lin's contract annoys me.

Yeah he shouldn't be talking. He's getting paid like an elite level superstar and he's not. Dude has been out of the 1st round only one time in his career.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
MC KAos;4620651 said:
The top ten centers/big pf that play center in no particular order

I certainly stated in the EASTERN Conference.

Surely, Bynum and Duncan do not play in the East. Noah is definitely not a true big.

Come on man.

MC KAos

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4620983 said:
I certainly stated in the EASTERN Conference.

Surely, Bynum and Duncan do not play in the East. Noah is definitely not a true big.

Come on man.

Noah guards Howard and Bynum when the bulls play those teams, how is he not a true big man? And I know the point you wanted to make was that Howard's competition in the east is lesser than bynum's in the west, which, clearly, is false

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4620941 said:
Yeah he shouldn't be talking. He's getting paid like an elite level superstar and he's not. Dude has been out of the 1st round only one time in his career.

Seriously, I hate the fact a clown like melo is making the same or more than guys like lebron or Howard

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Muhast;4620933 said:

No, my brother and I refer to him as Carmelo Iverson. He'll never win a title, and the Knicks will not win with him on the roster.

MC KAos

Reaction score
casmith07;4621537 said:
No, my brother and I refer to him as Carmelo Iverson. He'll never win a title, and the Knicks will not win with him on the roster.

their biggest problem is their owner, he is an idiot

juck

Reaction score
Carmelo is a knob however he can ball. He is an iso player. A ballhog? yes but he can score a lot.They use him wrong. And as far as getting paid look what Joe Johnson gets paid. He a just an average to good player who always crumbles.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
OJ Mayo ‏@JuiceMayo32
I will be signing with dallas! ‪#Mavsnation‬

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Whoooo!!!!!

Reaction score
Great pickup for Dallas. On the brightside Delonte is probably gone and maybe the Lakers will get him. He used to play for Mike Brown in Cleveland.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4622077 said:
OJ Mayo ‏@JuiceMayo32
I will be signing with dallas! ‪#Mavsnation‬

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Whoooo!!!!!

Solid get for the Mavs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4620941 said:

He plays zero defense.
It is ridiculous for him to down nay player over anything.

He is a tremendous scorer but his passing and defenses are about as readily available as his championship rings.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dash28;4621652 said:
Agree. Lakers bench couldn't score consistently at all, AJ can definitely help in that area.

That is a bad signing.

Jamison is terrible on defense.
In the west he will get torched by 4s.
Watching him guard Dirk will be awesome... for Mavs fans.

The Lakers needed some defense.

You don't roll out Nash and Antawn Jamison together unless you are Don Nelson.

I have no idea what Mike Brown is doing and seriously doubt he does himself.
This is definitely not a CLE style team.

Put me down for the Lakers being the years biggest flop.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
juck;4621789 said:
Carmelo is a knob however he can ball. He is an iso player. A ballhog? yes but he can score a lot.They use him wrong. And as far as getting paid look what Joe Johnson gets paid. He a just an average to good player who always crumbles.

He is not very efficient offensively and really doesnt even bother trying on defense. Other star caliber SF's shoot around 50%. Melo was at 43 last year and has never hit 50.

He is not a good 3 point shooter and really not a passer at all with about half the assist per game as LeBron. He also gets a paltry 6 rebounds per game while he takes 18 shots per game.

He is clearly a gifted offensive player but not a guy you want to build a team around as the Nuggets know and the Knicks are finding out.