2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Vintage;4623556 said:
Lol at someone calling felton good.

Bill Simmons @sportsguy33

After winning over the Asian community with Jeremy Lin, the Knicks now expect to win over fat people with Ray Felton

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4623607 said:
Outside of one good stretch what has Lin done? Nothing.

you mean besides get cablevision and some channels to settle on a contract so they could air his games? become the best selling jersey in the country? and make the nba as popular in asia as its been since yao ming retired? absolutely nothing :rolleyes:

MC KAos

Reaction score
then there is this

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
If Felton isn't amazing in NY, crowd is going to crucify him. If he thought he was leaving that in Portland, guess again ...

and lets not forget the team moving into town now, if they are mediocre again and the nets improve their popularity could drop substantially in new york

Reaction score
MC KAos;4623614 said:
you mean besides get cablevision and some channels to settle on a contract so they could air his games? become the best selling jersey in the country? and make the nba as popular in asia as its been since yao ming retired? absolutely nothing :rolleyes:

I was talking about strictly basketball. Other than that one good stretch he hasn't done anything.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4623637 said:
I was talking about strictly basketball. Other than that one good stretch he hasn't done anything.

other than that good stretch he hasnt played at all. there are top 10 picks in all sports getting tons of money having done nothing, its part of the process. at least with lin they know they are at least getting a guy that will be worth what they are paying for him in other ways.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;4623316 said:
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

BREAKING - Report: Knicks done deliberating, WILL NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin. @JLin7 will be a Rocket.
This decision intrigues me...

Now if only they could give up this ridiculous chase of Dwight Howard.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4623716 said:

Hopefully the Lakers do the same. Let the clown rot in Orlando.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
jterrell;4623475 said:
Lin is making 5m in each of the next two seasons. He has one bad year in his deal.

He is a better player than Felton and 5 years younger.

Lin won the Knicks games last year. That was without their ball hogging max contract guys. There is a reason NY struggled in deciding to match. In fact had he been offered 7m yearly for 3 years they DO match. They just dont want to pay the repeat offender luxury tax in year 3; which has everything to do with how they've managed money and nothing to do with the caliber of player Lin is.

I'd much rather have Lin than Steve Nash.

Last year Lin was 10th at PG in PER. Raymond Felton was 43rd. And he is backed up by Kidd who was 47th.

When Kidd signed he said he did so to mentor Jeremy Lin.

Felton's last season in NY he was averaging 17 ppg and 9 apg. Then they were idiots and traded for Carmelo. The Knicks were so much better off when they had Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Amare...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jonathan_Feigen

Once it is official on Lin, Rockets will have to waive one player, wait 48 hours, then sign Omer Asik to offer sheet and begin that process.

The Asik, Lin contracts will not impact talks with Magic, per source. Talks on trade for Dwight Howard have taken those deals into account.

One more thing on Rockets-Magic talks; they've been ongoing all week. LA-Magic talks also not new, but would involve Rockets as 3rd team.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
Kind of starting to think Kawhi Leonard is a little bit too good for summer league. Like watching a varsity starter toy with the JV.

:D love that kid, he is a stud i tell ya!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
MC KAos;4623614 said:

does any of that translate into winning games? I thought not.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4623975 said:
does any of that translate into winning games? I thought not.

no, but it translates into a team making money, does that matter to most owners? i thought so

Christiann

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4623721 said:
Hopefully the Lakers do the same. Let the clown rot in Orlando.

:laugh2: C'mon man let's get real. You will be excited if Dwight ends up in LA. I think he's been acting very childish about the whole situation but c'mon, dude is the best Center in the league. That being said I wouldn't mind keeping and resigning Bynum whatsoever, but if Mitch thinks this will get Kobe his 6th and our 17th ring than it's alright with me if Dwight comes here.

Reaction score
Christiann;4624071 said:
:laugh2: C'mon man let's get real. You will be excited if Dwight ends up in LA. I think he's been acting very childish about the whole situation but c'mon, dude is the best Center in the league. That being said I wouldn't mind keeping and resigning Bynum whatsoever, but if Mitch thinks this will get Kobe his 6th and our 17th ring than it's alright with me if Dwight comes here.

No I wouldn't. I'll be very pissed off. I don't want any guy who doesn't wanna be a Laker on the team. I'd rather have Bynum who while he may be a headcase at least he doesn't get his coach and GM fired and wants to be a Laker. F Dwight. Dwight is SCARED of Shaq's shadow you're telling me that's the guy you wanna see in a Lakers jersey? I just go back to 2005-2006. Bynum's rookie season. Dude is my age. Lakers are playing the Miami Heat. Shaq throws down a monster jam over the top of Bynum. What does Bynum do the next possession? Does he shy away? No he goes right back at Shaq. He wasn't afraid of Shaq. That's the type of guy I want on my team. Here's the video.

[youtube]bd-FLEDTfao[/youtube]

After that Bynum immediately got the respect of Shaq. In this video Shaq calls Bynum the best big in the game. Yes better than Dwight Howard. I agree with the big fella.

[youtube]o-Kp2mjURPo[/youtube]

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4623716 said:

I am hoping the 3-team trade with LA goes through with us landing Bynum. The only way I want Howard is if he is willing to sign a long term deal, and even then I hate how much he has cried the last two years about wanting to move. Bynum is not a star player but he is young a solid at center and that is a huge need.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
THIS JUST IN: Congrats to your starting 2012-2013 NBA All-star point guard, Jeremy Lin! One billion Chinese basketball fans can't be wrong!

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4624163 said:
Bynum is certainly a star player...where have you been ???

He isn't a guy who is going to dominate a game the way Kobe, Lebron, or Howard will.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cythim;4624257 said:
He isn't a guy who is going to dominate a game the way Kobe, Lebron, or Howard will.

He can dominate like Howard when he wants.