2012 NBA Offseason Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
lol Knicks are a joke. What's up with the state of NY thinking maxing out the luxury will win you a ring?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4622283 said:
Linsanity will continue in New York City.

Source: Peter Vecsey

RastaRocket;4622287 said:
lol Knicks are a joke. What's up with the state of NY thinking maxing out the luxury will win you a ring?

The Knicks are the most laughable franchise in the NBA.

If I'm Jeremy Lin, I'm pissed too. Had a chance to go play good team basketball in Houston and now you're going to return to New York and pass the ball to Black Hole Carmelo Anthony and watch him shoot 40 times a game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4622283 said:
Linsanity will continue in New York City.

Source: Peter Vecsey

Hahn ‏@alanhahn

I know everyone is fired up, but decision on Lin isn’t expected until tonight (deadline is 9 p.m. PT) after Knicks hierarchy meets in Vegas.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

League source confirms Grant Hill has decided to sign with the Clippers. He had also been considering the Lakers and Knicks.

Reaction score
jterrell;4622800 said:
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

League source confirms Grant Hill has decided to sign with the Clippers. He had also been considering the Lakers and Knicks.

Wanted him, but oh well. We're better off getting younger in that position.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not a basketball fan, but are the players the Mavs picked up good? Will they be a playoff team next year?

MC KAos

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4622857 said:
Not a basketball fan, but are the players the Mavs picked up good? Will they be a playoff team next year?

as long as dirk stays healthy, they should make the playoffs with ease. the guys they picked up are good, but not good enough to make them a serious threat to win the conference

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4622857 said:

Very good. Not superstars or anything, but very solid players. Collison is a better and much younger option than Kidd obviously. They'll miss Terry, but Mayo can match his production. Kaman and Brand will give them so much needed inside scoring.

Anyways today the Dwightmare may finally end.

Lakers pushing hard to land Magic center Dwight Howard & meeting with Magic today,sources tell Y! LAL wants DH contract extension commitment

Source: Marc Spears

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4622877 said:
Very good. Not superstars or anything, but very solid players. Collison is a better and much younger option than Kidd obviously. They'll miss Terry, but Mayo can match his production. Kaman and Brand will give them so much needed inside scoring.

Anyways today the Dwightmare may finally end.

Source: Marc Spears

:lmao2:

thats a good one, there will be peace in the middle east before the dwightmare is over

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4622902 said:
Yes I know it's wishful thinking, but I think either the Lakers agree to a trade today or they move on.

i hope its the latter :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

BREAKING - Report: Knicks done deliberating, WILL NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin. @JLin7 will be a Rocket.

Reaction score
jterrell;4623316 said:
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

BREAKING - Report: Knicks done deliberating, WILL NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin. @JLin7 will be a Rocket.

Good move by the Knicks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4623343 said:
Good move by the Knicks.

Not sure thats the case. Lots of bball folks in NY feel differently.

Losing a young star guy for nothing hurts. If they did match Lin is under contract for 5m each of the next two seasons. They would have amnesty possibility for year 3 or trade possibility as soon as next year.

Instead they have Kidd who just collected a DWI and Felton who is fat and terrible.

Lin is an exciting young scoring PG.

All that said Lin wanted to go to HOU; in that case it's tough to match and anger the athlete.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
A young star? please. Lin is not a star and never will be.

Felton was good in NY previously and will be again, he was also good in Denver. He just didn't fit in Portland.

There is no reason to ruin your teams flexibility over Jeremy Lin. This guy is earning 14.5 mil in year 3. Felton isn't even earning that in total and is just as good. OJ Mayo is only getting $4 mil. Lins contract is a complete joke.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4623406 said:
A young star? please. Lin is not a star and never will be.

Felton was good in NY previously and will be again, he was also good in Denver. He just didn't fit in Portland.

There is no reason to ruin your teams flexibility over Jeremy Lin. This guy is earning 14.5 mil in year 3. Felton isn't even earning that in total and is just as good. OJ Mayo is only getting $4 mil. Lins contract is a complete joke.

Lin is making 5m in each of the next two seasons. He has one bad year in his deal.

He is a better player than Felton and 5 years younger.

Lin won the Knicks games last year. That was without their ball hogging max contract guys. There is a reason NY struggled in deciding to match. In fact had he been offered 7m yearly for 3 years they DO match. They just dont want to pay the repeat offender luxury tax in year 3; which has everything to do with how they've managed money and nothing to do with the caliber of player Lin is.

I'd much rather have Lin than Steve Nash.

Last year Lin was 10th at PG in PER. Raymond Felton was 43rd. And he is backed up by Kidd who was 47th.

When Kidd signed he said he did so to mentor Jeremy Lin.

MC KAos

Reaction score
its arguable how good lin is, and if he deserves that money for his ability, but there is no question he is a draw. in fact, he basically singlehandedly got dolan's cablevision deal done last year. this from an article

Those who think the Knicks should match point to Lin’s incredible popularity, both on and off the court, and the financial implications for Cablevision, the Knicks’ owner, if it lets Lin walk. The New York Times has reported that the team’s parent company has gained $600 million in market capitalization since Lin became a starter and phenom last February.

and this from chuck D, made me LOL

Chuck D ‏@MrChuckD
YO I'm leaving for the UK if the Knicks don't sign JLin they're stupid.They've spent more on Curry-RapeSettlements and MoTaylors Contracts