2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
jterrell;4620335 said:
in this magical 3 way trade what exactly does ORL get?

bottom line is this was probably a troll rumor.
it didnt even dignify the thing with actual ORL return.

picks? OK what picks? presumably CLE's right? and prospects?? what prospects? LAL has none.

And this trade rumor says zero about anyone taking on ANY bad contracts from ORL. Unless CLE is willing to take on a couple bad contracts plus give up all the picks and all the prospects this deal doesnt really work. Again, LAL just doesn't have anything but Bynum to offer that is of value to ORL.

this one fails to pass the common sense test.

seeing as the new GM of the magic is a guy that worked under RC Buford and sam presti, i think his number 1 goal is getting rid of the bad contracts. The only team that seems to be willing to help them out there is the rockets. they have the cap room and the assets to aquire dwight, and dont care if he signs an extension. ultimately i think thats where he goes, because i think the guy running the magic now is a smart guy, since he worked under RC Buford and Presti, and that gives the franchise the freshest start.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MC KAos;4620339 said:
seeing as the new GM of the magic is a guy that worked under RC Buford and sam presti, i think his number 1 goal is getting rid of the bad contracts. The only team that seems to be willing to help them out there is the rockets. they have the cap room and the assets to aquire dwight, and dont care if he signs an extension. ultimately i think thats where he goes, because i think the guy running the magic now is a smart guy, since he worked under RC Buford and Presti, and that gives the franchise the freshest start.

i think that is what most folks think.
orl wants high draft picks, young prospects(that were high draft picks), and cap relief.

they want to be OKC in a few years. built through the draft with young stars.

i see no reasonable way lakers make that happen unless CLE wants to roll over and take a high hard one for them by providing the entire package.

i think hou is still the lead dog and probably the only real trade possibility right now. atl should be in the mix but either they are just a very quiet front office or they are really scared of spending any money.

the lakers are bemoaning their own lack of depth and they have no draft picks to trade. best thing they could do would be to unload gasol to CLE for varajeo and a pick or something. i dont see them doing much more than that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
btw the rockets have a couple offer sheet deals out there to wait out. once the dust settles on that they'll know exactly how much room they have to add ORL players and what all mechanisms they have for finishing a prospective roster around DH.

Lin, Martin and DH isn't a bad start.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Also told Rockets, even if they unexpectedly land Lin AND Omer Asik, still think they've got Dwight trade offers (yes, plural) to please ORL

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
jterrell;4620347 said:
btw the rockets have a couple offer sheet deals out there to wait out. once the dust settles on that they'll know exactly how much room they have to add ORL players and what all mechanisms they have for finishing a prospective roster around DH.

Lin, Martin and DH isn't a bad start.
Martin is gone after this season, Lin will most likely be matched by NY and Howard would walk. Sound like a good start?

Howard with all the bad contracts from Orl, how is that going to help your future?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4620327 said:
PER Ratings, which accounts for defense as well.

Dwight Howard: 24.29
Blake Griffin: 23.50
Andrew Bynum: 23.00
I'm not arguing Bynum is better than Howard, Howard is better overall game for sure, not on Off IMO.

Main point on that PER that I want to make is that Bynum is 3rd option on his team, Howard 1st and Blake 2nd.

If Bynum does end up in Orl or Cle for example on new rumors, he will post huge numbers as a 1st option.

crazytown41

Reaction score
MC KAos;4620332 said:
sad thing is, if they end up trading bynum for howard, he will do a complete 360 (jason kidd joke, anyone get it?) and start saying how awesome howard is and how lame bynum is.
Yup. This guy is dogging howard and saying he's only slightly better but he's following every Dwight rumor/news he hears. Dwight is the most dominant big man in the game. Especially on defense where he can bail out all his teammates.

If Dwight wanted to stay in Orlando and was happy there and Mitch called up Hennigan for a Bynum/Howard swap, Hennigan would laugh and hang up.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
MC KAos;4620306 said:
you are a walking contradiction!

Partly truth and partly fiction...

Sorry, you sent me off on a Kris Kristofferson journey there...

silverbear

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4620308 said:
I won't be miserable. If we don't get Dwight we'll still have Bynum who's a 19/12 player and will only get better.

I was talking about the grief you'll catch in here...

silverbear

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4620311 said:
Yes Dwight is so much better he only averages 2 more ppg and 3 more rpg

While surrounded by lesser talent, thus making it easier for opponents to focus on him...

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Dash28;4620374 said:
I'm not arguing Bynum is better than Howard, Howard is better overall game for sure, not on Off IMO.

Main point on that PER that I want to make is that Bynum is 3rd option on his team, Howard 1st and Blake 2nd.

If Bynum does end up in Orl or Cle for example on new rumors, he will post huge numbers as a 1st option.

Bynum is a 2nd option now.

MC KAos

Reaction score
silverbear;4620405 said:
While surrounded by lesser talent, thus making it easier for opponents to focus on him...

exactly, anyone playing orlando has to focus on howard and rotations off the doubles on howard, and that was basically it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MC KAos;4620483 said:
exactly, anyone playing orlando has to focus on howard and rotations off the doubles on howard, and that was basically it.

Numbers don't tell the whole story either. If that were the case Carmelo is better than everyone with his scoring ability.

MC KAos

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4620588 said:
How many bigs play in the Eastern Conference ?

The top ten centers/big pf that play center in no particular order

Dwight
Bynum
M gasol
Hibbert
Horford
Lopez
KG
Duncan
Noah
Chandler

So, that's 7-3, thanks for making our point

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dash28;4620371 said:
Martin is gone after this season, Lin will most likely be matched by NY and Howard would walk. Sound like a good start?

Howard with all the bad contracts from Orl, how is that going to help your future?

NY will NOT match Lin.
Martin will have Bird rights so why would he be gone?

Please stop posting the unlikely as if it is fact.

DH would have Lin, Martin and 25 mil reasons to stay in Houston.
That's how it is a good start. I don't even like the Rockets and can see that.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
jterrell;4620853 said:
NY will NOT match Lin.
Martin will have Bird rights so why would he be gone?

Please stop posting the unlikely as if it is fact.

DH would have Lin, Martin and 25 mil reasons to stay in Houston.
That's how it is a good start. I don't even like the Rockets and can see that.

I said NYK would most likely match, never said it was fact. Most thought they would match. It's more likely Howard would leave HOU than stay too, of course all this is IMO.

Howard situation is anyone's guess on how that will end.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Howard is easily the best Center in basketball. It isn't even close.

Bynum is a very good OC and in that 2nd or 3rd OC discussion.
I personally like Al Jefferson a little better. He is very efficient with the ball and turns it over very seldom.

Right now Bynum is the Lakers 2nd option. If he gos to the Cavs he'd be the 2nd option behind Kyrie Irving. Would moving to the cavs cure his woeful inconsistency? Not sure about that. I personally think he'd do best in Dallas with a coach like Carlisle but I am a Mavs homer.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dash28;4620854 said:
I said NYK would most likely match, never said is was fact. Most thought they would match.

recap:
Martin is gone after this season (Is he really now?)
NYK will match(will they?)
DH will leave(will he?)

Again, everything you posited was probably incorrect and you stated each of them as hardcore fact which.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
jterrell;4620859 said:
recap:
Martin is gone after this season (Is he really now?)
NYK will match(will they?)
DH will leave(will he?)

Again, everything you posited was probably incorrect and you stated each of them as hardcore fact which.

I said Lin would most likely be matched by Ny, how is that fact?

The others came off that way, but were just my opinion.