2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624274 said:
He can dominate like Howard when he wants.

im guessing he meant consistently. anyone can dominate a game, to do it night in and night out is a different story.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Delonte West attempting to play baseball.

[youtube]qKKFKvJg_5E[/youtube]

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
The Wizards rectified one their biggest mistakes and waived the ever-adolescent Andray Blatche...

Call that addition by subtraction... in a few short months the Wiz have parted company with Javale McGee, Nick Young and Blatche... maybe now there will be some professionalism in their locker room...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
silverbear;4624318 said:
The Wizards rectified one their biggest mistakes and waived the ever-adolescent Andray Blatche...

Call that addition by subtraction... in a few short months the Wiz have parted company with Javale McGee, Nick Young and Blatche... maybe now there will be some professionalism in their locker room...

6-7 years later ? I don't really see that as rectifying anything.

McGee looked like he just needs a real guy to coach him during the playoffs, Young just always sucked.

Blatche was a terrible pick from day one. The Wiz/Bullets have not understood that for over 30 years. Seriously, who thinks building a team around the shortest and tallest players is anything short of a circus sideshow...they have fit the bill on that, and have taken the Clippers spot in the inept area.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4624324 said:
6-7 years later ? I don't really see that as rectifying anything.

McGee looked like he just needs a real guy to coach him during the playoffs, Young just always sucked.

Blatche was a terrible pick from day one. The Wiz/Bullets have not understood that for over 30 years. Seriously, who thinks building a team around the shortest and tallest players is anything short of a circus sideshow...they have fit the bill on that, and have taken the Clippers spot in the inept area.

The problem with the Wiz in recent years has been an inexplicable fondness for knuckleheads... I see hopeful signs that's changing... they played hard at the end of last season, after they traded for Nene...

Gimme solid pros who want to win badly, and I'll put you in the playoffs...

Christiann

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4624102 said:
No I wouldn't. I'll be very pissed off. I don't want any guy who doesn't wanna be a Laker on the team. I'd rather have Bynum who while he may be a headcase at least he doesn't get his coach and GM fired and wants to be a Laker. F Dwight. Dwight is SCARED of Shaq's shadow you're telling me that's the guy you wanna see in a Lakers jersey? I just go back to 2005-2006. Bynum's rookie season. Dude is my age. Lakers are playing the Miami Heat. Shaq throws down a monster jam over the top of Bynum. What does Bynum do the next possession? Does he shy away? No he goes right back at Shaq. He wasn't afraid of Shaq. That's the type of guy I want on my team. Here's the video.

[youtube]bd-FLEDTfao[/youtube]

After that Bynum immediately got the respect of Shaq. In this video Shaq calls Bynum the best big in the game. Yes better than Dwight Howard. I agree with the big fella.

[youtube]o-Kp2mjURPo[/youtube]

This is great and all, but I guess you're going to be pissed lol

Reaction score
Christiann;4624344 said:
This is great and all, but I guess you're going to be pissed lol

I don't think so. Bynum won't sign an extension with Orlando so I don't see a deal happening. I doubt Cleveland or Houston would help us get Dwight.

Reaction score
Howard is a huge Dodgers fan. Doesn't mean anything. I will say I'm disaapointed in the L.A. crowd for cheering that clown. I hope it was Clippers fans. If I was there I would've booed him and chanted we don't want you. How can any Lakers fan cheer for a guy who doesn't wanna be a Laker? It's pathetic. I really, really hope the trade doesn't happen because I don't want that clown anymore near my Lakers.

Christiann

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4624352 said:
Howard is a huge Dodgers fan. Doesn't mean anything. I will say I'm disaapointed in the L.A. crowd for cheering that clown. I hope it was Clippers fans. If I was there I would've booed him and chanted we don't want you. How can any Lakers fan cheer for a guy who doesn't wanna be a Laker? It's pathetic. I really, really hope the trade doesn't happen because I don't want that clown anymore near my Lakers.

Where the hell did you come up with the conclusion of Dwight being a Dodgers fan? I don't wanna hear stuff that comes out of your ***, at least say he's going to rehab(which he apparently said why he was in LA) if your going to start making up excuses. Your not in the city, the city wants Dwight and It's really not hard to comprehend that even being far away. At this point I really don't care about your opinion because no matter what happens you feel your opinions will always be right so arguing with you is pointless. Now I've been one of the biggest Bynum supporters since he's been here, but it REALLY pisses off the city when he wants to piss & moan on just about anything. I'm really not even sold Bynum would re-sign with us in the first place, because if you didn't notice last year he was a bit of a headcase as well, and don't give me that **** that he's a young player HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR 7 YEARS. He dominates when he wants to for sure, but in LA we expect Championships and if we have a chance to get the best Center in the league then by all means Mitch go ahead and do whatever. I do agree on the resigning issue for him, but I believe he will. So please, don't ever try to say you're dissapointed in the LA Crowd when you don't even know the pressure that goes on here. LA wants Dwight, plain and simple.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Agvot_wCIAEw2h3.png

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4623726 said:
Felton's last season in NY he was averaging 17 ppg and 9 apg. Then they were idiots and traded for Carmelo. The Knicks were so much better off when they had Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Amare...

on a run and gun offense that inflates numbers but plays zero defense.

felton is in his 8th year and averages 13 pts 6 assts and has zero upside.

he wasnt wanted by any team really and thus took the minimum salary to play in ny as a likely 3rd PG.

he becomes a de facto starter now because kidd is a pack up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4623726 said:
Felton's last season in NY he was averaging 17 ppg and 9 apg. Then they were idiots and traded for Carmelo. The Knicks were so much better off when they had Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Amare...
Felton is good.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Christiann;4624350 said:
He wasn't at a Dodger game last night for nothing.

tap the breaks holmes.

the lakers have bynum and that's it to offer orlando. that isnt changing.

all they can hope is some team is willing to take back bynum but at orlando's asking price for howard.... i.e. the rockets taking the orl bad contracts plus bynum and giving up all those draft picks the magic want.

in fact the nets will be able to make a better offer than the lakers jan 15th.

the lakers name is staying out there but last we hard from dwight he didnt want to play with kobe. he doesnt want to be marginalized the way bynum has been. nor to battle the way shaq/kobe did.

i watched sportscenter hype up dwight to lakers for 20 minutes last night then they got to the actual story and it said there really wasnt any meetings but they are talking. admitted nothing was close at all.

howard has been in la for like a month now. the entire olympic team was there a couple weeks ago. it is la. not exactly an unusual place to be for people with money.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cythim;4624132 said:
I am hoping the 3-team trade with LA goes through with us landing Bynum. The only way I want Howard is if he is willing to sign a long term deal, and even then I hate how much he has cried the last two years about wanting to move. Bynum is not a star player but he is young a solid at center and that is a huge need.

Very possible but only if you are willing to give up everything ORL wants for Howard. Tough sale were I Morey.

Best bet may well be Lakers making a trade now for someone like Varajeo and a pick in place of Gasol. Then at the trade deadline they have a pick to add to the ORL collection that is actually a desirable one.

I believe the Nash trade was a DH to Laker killer. It probably made LAL more desirable for Howard but robbed them of key assets in trade. Nets basically opted out of trade when they overpaid everyone long term. HOU is only one that has assets ORL apparently wants.

Reaction score
Cavs Back In Howard Talks

dwighthoward2-436x360.jpg

The Cleveland Cavaliers may have inched ahead of the Houston Rockets as a facilitator in a potential trade that would send Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources said Wednesday.

One source familiar with the talks, though, cautioned to not make too much of that shift just yet.

The Cavaliers would land Lakers center Andrew Bynum for a package of draft picks and veteran power forward Anderson Varejao, according to one league source. The Lakers would receive Howard for Bynum. The source said this was merely the framework of a deal being discussed.

Source: ESPN

Reaction score
Christiann;4624355 said:
Where the hell did you come up with the conclusion of Dwight being a Dodgers fan? I don't wanna hear stuff that comes out of your ***, at least say he's going to rehab(which he apparently said why he was in LA) if your going to start making up excuses. Your not in the city, the city wants Dwight and It's really not hard to comprehend that even being far away. At this point I really don't care about your opinion because no matter what happens you feel your opinions will always be right so arguing with you is pointless. Now I've been one of the biggest Bynum supporters since he's been here, but it REALLY pisses off the city when he wants to piss & moan on just about anything. I'm really not even sold Bynum would re-sign with us in the first place, because if you didn't notice last year he was a bit of a headcase as well, and don't give me that **** that he's a young player HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR 7 YEARS. He dominates when he wants to for sure, but in LA we expect Championships and if we have a chance to get the best Center in the league then by all means Mitch go ahead and do whatever. I do agree on the resigning issue for him, but I believe he will. So please, don't ever try to say you're dissapointed in the LA Crowd when you don't even know the pressure that goes on here. LA wants Dwight, plain and simple.

Umm maybe it's because he's been seen wearing Dodgers gear several times. He's very obviously a Dodgers fan. Again you're not listening to what I'm saying at all. Dwight Howard does NOT wanna be a Laker. So why in the world do people in L.A. want him when he doesn't want yall? It's just pathetic on their part to be cheering for a guy who doesn't wanna be a Laker. Bynum has been very open about resigning with the Lakers. He's said several times he wants to be a Laker, but he knows the NBA is a business. That's the kind of guy I want. Dwight as I said is the exact opposite he doesn't wanna be a Laker yet you L.A. people want him. It's pathetic and I'm very dissapointed in yall.