2012 NBA Offseason Thread

juck

Reaction score
I have more respect for him that he doesnt wanna be a hollywood drama Laker. He would be second fiddle to the most egotistical basketball player ever in Kome.Screw Jack Nicholson:laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
best bet is to ignore these cheeseball dwightmare stories til it is done.

they are just keeping it in the news cycle but saying nothing.

they repeat the same thing every few days all while admitting orlando isn't close to accepting these deals.

cavs and hou may very well be battling it out right now to be part of the trade to bring back Bynum but if either was willing to do what it took the deal would already be done.

a lot of smoke but much of it is just video from last week's fire.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624879 said:
He's not terrible.

he is a legit nba player.
but he is also a player no team wants as a starting point guard.

i wouldn't have criticized him at all as a back up but as a starter for a playoff team? yuck.

DFWJC

Reaction score
jterrell;4624660 said:
no, unc homer, he is not :)
No a star,
not great,
not very good

just
good.

That's true, imo.

He's be a nice, solid NBA backup guy who could have plenty of minutes in a solid rotation.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DFWJC;4624923 said:
No a star,
not great,
not very good

just
good.

That's true, imo.

He's be a nice, solid NBA backup guy who could have plenty of minutes in a solid rotation.

fair enough.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
http://********.com/5926800/with-je...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

excerted.....

Now the Knicks are more or less back where they started. Stoudemire will keep creaking along, Anthony will keep gunning, and the job of trying to make the offense run will belong to a possibly even darker black hole: the newly acquired point guard tandem of Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton. Felton returns to the Knicks fresh off a season in Portland in which he was noticeably fat and posted a career low PER of 13.46. Kidd is 39 years old, posted a career low 13.11 PER last year, and just wrapped his car around a pole while allegedly driving drunk.

Against that background, the overrated-underrated/overpaid-underpaid debate around Lin seems moot. Lin proved he was a capable NBA point guard, and the Knicks need one of those. It's entirely possible that they'll end up scrounging the D-League in the hopes of another miracle.

For now, Knicks fans will mourn the loss of the myth: Lin's Gatorade tongue and those nights when he electrified the Garden. But by Thanksgiving, watching Felton brick yet another three-pointer, they may find themselves pining for something much simpler.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dwight Howard is one lucky guy. He is a good to very good player, but he benefits greatly from playing in an era with no elite centers. I don't consider him elite, either. He makes the all-star game every year because there is nobody else. He will continue to do so for several more years and end up in the Hall of Fame. Yet he isn't close to the Hall of Fame centers that came before him. He reminds me a bit of Alonzo Mourning, but I don't think he is as good as Mourning. Zo is no HoFer and he had to face many of the great centers during his time in the NBA.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;4624998 said:
Dwight Howard is one lucky guy. He is a good to very good player, but he benefits greatly from playing in an era with no elite centers. I don't consider him elite, either. He makes the all-star game every year because there is nobody else. He will continue to do so for several more years and end up in the Hall of Fame. Yet he isn't close to the Hall of Fame centers that came before him. He reminds me a bit of Alonzo Mourning, but I don't think he is as good as Mourning. Zo is no HoFer and he had to face many of the great centers during his time in the NBA.
I was telling my Dad this the other day. This guy is no Hakeem or Patrick Ewing. This guy is just one of 3-4 true centers in the NBA when back in the day, there was a center or big man on every team.

Christiann

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4625062 said:
I was telling my Dad this the other day. This guy is no Hakeem or Patrick Ewing. This guy is just one of 3-4 true centers in the NBA when back in the day, there was a center or big man on every team.

My father tells me the same exact thing, the dominant center era left with Shaq. Dwight is the best center in this day and age, but compared to the greats..he's just a run of the mill center.

Christiann

Reaction score
Dash28;4625121 said:
Now it's down to see if Hill leaves, resigns, or is used in a sign and trade.

Don't know what to make of the Howard mess, I just want it to end.

Hill might be leaving, but I believe the Lakers are prepared to sign Jermaine O'Neal if we can't sign him. Shell of what he was, but he should be okay off the bench.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Christiann;4625151 said:
Hill might be leaving, but I believe the Lakers are prepared to sign Jermaine O'Neal if we can't sign him. Shell of what he was, but he should be okay off the bench.

Yeah, I can see Minn going after Hill.

Probably not likely, but would be nice to sign and trade Hill for Rush. GS was rumored to have interest in Hill.

Christiann

Reaction score
Dash28;4625158 said:
Yeah, I can see Minn going after Hill.

Probably not likely, but would be nice to sign and trade Hill for Rush. GS was rumored to have interest in Hill.

I would love to have Brandon Rush coming off the bench. If we could get him as well as JO our bench could be revitalized. Blake/Rush/Ebanks/Jamison/JO. Not bad with Goudelock/ Johnson-Odom/ and Morris filling in some minutes if they make the team.

Reaction score
Christiann;4625173 said:
I would love to have Brandon Rush coming off the bench. If we could get him as well as JO our bench could be revitalized. Blake/Rush/Ebanks/Jamison/JO. Not bad with Goudelock/ Johnson-Odom/ and Morris filling in some minutes if they make the team.

We've got to get rid of Blake. With Dallas adding Mayo and Collison they'll probably let West walk. We should sign him.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4625174 said:
We've got to get rid of Blake. With Dallas adding Mayo and Collison they'll probably let West walk. We should sign him.

No Delonte will stay. Donnie Nelson says we want to keep him, and we should.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4625234 said:
No Delonte will stay. Donnie Nelson says we want to keep him, and we should.

We'll see, but I'd love to get Delonte. He's a really good player. I really don't care about his issues. Everyone has some kind of isssues.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4625261 said:
We'll see, but I'd love to get Delonte. He's a really good player. I really don't care about his issues. Everyone has some kind of isssues.

He's just awesome. I see no issues.