2012 NBA Offseason Thread

juck

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4628131 said:
please don't post "homer thoughts"

Dirk was out played big time by Dwayne Wade in those 06' finals. In game 3, he missed a free throw with 3.4 seconds that would've sent game 3 to OT. He followed that up by a 16 point performance in game 4. Followed that up by a lack luster 20 pt 8 rb game in game 5. He played very well in game 6 (29-15-2-0-2) but again was out played by Wade (36-10-5-4-3).

Again up untill he ran into another guy in Lebron who shrinks in the moment, Dirk was a definite choker.
hahahaha that was a load of poop u just spilled. The refs won in 06 and if u dont see that ur completely blind.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
juck;4628141 said:
hahahaha that was a load of poop u just spilled. The refs won in 06 and if u dont see that ur completely blind.

Bull, what reason was there to rig the series for Miami? Besides the only game with a large difference in fouls was game 5. The averege for the other games was pretty even.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4628084 said:
I vividly remember that series because it was the end of that series and yes I remember Duncan killing us, but also vividly remember others like Ginobli and Parker killing us. It wasn't just one guy it was the whole Spurs team that beat us.

Right, that team was so good that we needed Steve Kerr's corpse to save Parker's butt vs the dirkless mavs! Get real, that surrounding cast was attrocious, either a bunch of over the hill guys or super young guys, it was all Timmy, he led the team in every single major statistical category, except for steals, the spurs won the title during a REBUILDING year because Duncan destroyed everyone, he was at his absolute best! Don't be sore because your boy Kobe couldn't even drag his sorry team to the playoffs in his prime!

jterrell;4628116 said:
he had david robinson then parker and ginobli.
but he is about as close to dirk as you get.

David Robinson was 38 and could barely move because of his back, Parker was 20 and ginobili was a rookie. Like I said before, crunch time guys were not Parker and ginobili, and in some cases, Malik rose played late over David Robinson

Reaction score
Ugh dude you just made my point about their role players stepping up. Steve Kerr was huge in that final game against the Mavs. Several times during that playoff run they had several different guys stepping up. That's why they won it all. It wasn't just Duncan. To say it was is just ridiculous.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Dirk was out played big time by Dwayne Wade in those 06' finals. In game 3, he missed a free throw with 3.4 seconds that would've sent game 3 to OT. He followed that up by a 16 point performance in game 4. Followed that up by a lack luster 20 pt 8 rb game in game 5. He played very well in game 6 (29-15-2-0-2) but again was out played by Wade (36-10-5-4-3).

Again up untill he ran into another guy in Lebron who shrinks in the moment, Dirk was a definite choker.

you are now posting stupidity.

dallas had no defender at all to guard wade. and i didnt say wade choked.
when 20 and 8 is your evidence of dirk choking, you know you have issues.

that 06 dallas team was very weak around Dirk. there wasnt a single rebounder who averaged more than 8 rebounds. no scorer above jason terry's 17.

there wasnt a top 100 player on that team except dirk and possibly JET. young devin harris, stackhouse and josh howard were the key players for dallas... rofl. they haven't been heard from again.

dirk getting that team to the finals was miraculous.

the heat had wade and shaq both over 20 ppg that season. mourning and haslem provided inside defense and rebounds to assist shaq. jason williams and gary payton provided PG play when they didnt just give the ball to wade and let him run the offense.

dirk has been phenomenal in the playoffs. he had a bad series versus golden state and then a couple bad games versus miami in 06 but thats about it. his stats don't lie. nor do his mvp trophies.

you are really simple. think before you breathe much less post.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MC KAos;4628199 said:
Right, that team was so good that we needed Steve Kerr's corpse to save Parker's butt vs the dirkless mavs! Get real, that surrounding cast was attrocious, either a bunch of over the hill guys or super young guys, it was all Timmy, he led the team in every single major statistical category, except for steals, the spurs won the title during a REBUILDING year because Duncan destroyed everyone, he was at his absolute best! Don't be sore because your boy Kobe couldn't even drag his sorry team to the playoffs in his prime!

David Robinson was 38 and could barely move because of his back, Parker was 20 and ginobili was a rookie. Like I said before, crunch time guys were not Parker and ginobili, and in some cases, Malik rose played late over David Robinson

not really sure what point you are trying to make.
duncan played a few years with robinson who was a top 5 OC. he then has played with parker and ginobli for their entire careers. duncan is a great player but he has had more talent around him than dirk.

parker is a top 10 PG for the past half decade at least.
ginobli is a top 10 SG when healthy. he is far better than any Mavs SG has been since Finley was in his prime.

duncan is a great player who knows how to win. no shots at him from me.

gmoney112

Reaction score

Well, since you obviously didn't watch the 06 Finals, I don't think you really can have an opinion of what happened, can you?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
jterrell;4628235 said:
there wasnt a top 100 player on that team except dirk and possibly JET.

Possibly Jet? Clearly you're the one posting stupid, blinded by Dirk love. Jason Terry was clearly among the top 100 players and Josh Howard was an all star the following season, so to suggest he wasn't a top 100 player the year before his just dumb.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Come on. That '06 Miami finals was the crookedest thing this side of the infamous Lakers/Kings playoff game.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4628464 said:
Come on. That '06 Miami finals was the crookedest thing this side of the infamous Lakers/Kings playoff game.

So that excuses Dirk's horrible Finals performance? Come on.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
It looks as though the Spurs are done for now.....well at least that is what RC and Pop keep saying. Still, they do have the ability to sign using the Vet minimum and they can still trade, though no one really wants Blair and/or Bonner, and I can understand why,

A few players who I wouldn't mind the Spurs bringing in with the vet minimum, if those players were willing to take that amount, would be Aaron Gray and/or Keith Benson. We need size. Blair is small, Bonner tries but often fails on defense, Diaw is small, leaving Splitter and Duncan as our only two real threats defensively in the post. If we were able to add Gray and/or Benson, we would now have one or two more legit 7 ft players to bring in and guard the basket. I like Gray cause he plays with a mean streak. He will not give up the easy basket. I like Benson because of his youth and athleticism.

Of course, all of this would have been a moot point had the Spurs simply drafted Sacre instead of Denmon.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4628464 said:

Um Mavs fans, your second round matchup against the Spurs was just as crooked. I am not using that as an excuse as to why the Spurs lost the series, just stating that you can't complain about being hosed, when you had a series earlier in the playoffs giftwrapped by those same referees.

BTW, the Spurs lost that series because in the 3 close losses, they played like cow dung in the closing minutes. Manu was a turnover machine and they missed easy shots, meanwhile, the Mavs made their late game shots. Then in game 7, instead of letting Dirk make the layup, Manu fouls him, allowing the game to be tied. Then Duncan and Manu each missed a layup in the final seconds and the game went into OT, and the Spurs lost. If Dirk only gets the 2, they have to foul the Spurs with like 5 seconds left in the game. If the Spurs make both FTs, the Mavs have to shoot a 3 to tie and force OT......Manu messed up by fouling Dirk.

I do believe the Heat were gifted the Championship in 06.....but Mavs fans, stop complaining about it already. You were up 2-0 in the series. You were up by double digits in the 4th of game 3 and you choked that game and the series away. Yes, the refs helped Wade a lot, but the Mavs just rolled over and took it like fresh prison meat.

BTW since 2004, every team that has beaten the Spurs in the playoffs, has failed to win a Championship. Also, the teams that have beaten the Spurs and made the Finals, have gotten beat down by the Eastern Conference team....04 Lakers, 06 Mavs, 08 Lakers, and the 12 Thunder. Also, from 09-11, the team that beat the Spurs didn't make it past the next round.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jterrell;4628242 said:
not really sure what point you are trying to make.
duncan played a few years with robinson who was a top 5 OC. he then has played with parker and ginobli for their entire careers. duncan is a great player but he has had more talent around him than dirk.

parker is a top 10 PG for the past half decade at least.
ginobli is a top 10 SG when healthy. he is far better than any Mavs SG has been since Finley was in his prime.

duncan is a great player who knows how to win. no shots at him from me.

stop acting like Dirk is Kevin Garnett.....Cuban has given Dirk plenty of weapons around him, but Dirk was too soft to lead his team properly. Garnett actually has beef about wasted years with no talent around him. When he actually got some talent, Marbury became a headcase and then Brandon lost his wheels.

Reaction score
Biggems;4628843 said:
It looks as though the Spurs are done for now.....well at least that is what RC and Pop keep saying. Still, they do have the ability to sign using the Vet minimum and they can still trade, though no one really wants Blair and/or Bonner, and I can understand why,

A few players who I wouldn't mind the Spurs bringing in with the vet minimum, if those players were willing to take that amount, would be Aaron Gray and/or Keith Benson. We need size. Blair is small, Bonner tries but often fails on defense, Diaw is small, leaving Splitter and Duncan as our only two real threats defensively in the post. If we were able to add Gray and/or Benson, we would now have one or two more legit 7 ft players to bring in and guard the basket. I like Gray cause he plays with a mean streak. He will not give up the easy basket. I like Benson because of his youth and athleticism.

Of course, all of this would have been a moot point had the Spurs simply drafted Sacre instead of Denmon.

I think they're gambling on the fact that last year's loss to OKC was a fluke. I think they believe they can stand pat and win it all. To me in the West it's a three team race between the Spurs, Thunder, and Lakers. Dallas and the Clippers are a distant 4th.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4628468 said:
So that excuses Dirk's horrible Finals performance? Come on.

Come on CLF, Dirk does not deserve this bashing

Reaction score
DFWJC;4628883 said:
Come on CLF, Dirk does not deserve this bashing

Why not? Kobe got killed after he lost to Detroit and Boston respectively. Hell even after they won he got killed for not having MJ esque shooting percentages.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4629168 said:
Why not? Kobe got killed after he lost to Detroit and Boston respectively. Hell even after they won he got killed for not having MJ esque shooting percentages.
Not here. I haven't heard people calling Kobe a choker.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Biggems;4628872 said:
stop acting like Dirk is Kevin Garnett.....Cuban has given Dirk plenty of weapons around him, but Dirk was too soft to lead his team properly. Garnett actually has beef about wasted years with no talent around him. When he actually got some talent, Marbury became a headcase and then Brandon lost his wheels.

Dirk dominates Garnett head to head. Has their entire careers.