2012 NBA Playoffs Thread

Ren

Reaction score
Noryb;4587340 said:
People can hate on Lebron for his "so called" arrogance all they want. But don't let that blind hate keep you from realizing you are watching the best basketball player on the planet.

Kobe's season is over

Reaction score
Noryb;4587340 said:
People can hate on Lebron for his "so called" arrogance all they want. But don't let that blind hate keep you from realizing you are watching the best basketball player on the planet.

Kevin Durant is the best player in basketball.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4587183 said:
I actually hate Kevin Garnett more than LeBron. To me he has all the worst traits of LeBron, combined with dirty play.

There's no doubt. It's always made me sick how the media for some reason builds him up as some great guy when to me he's always been a punk on the court.

I don't have any problem with Lebron at all, really. That "decision" debacle was a terrible idea, but I think that was more a bad miscalculation from an immature guy than anything malicious. He doesn't strike me as a bad guy in any way.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4587351 said:
They are bhoth great. What Lebron is doing at the moment is a lil better than KD. Statistically speaking anyways.

RamziD

Reaction score
I would rank them:

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kobe Bryant

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Durant is a great scorer, but LeBron is clearly the best when you take into account defense. He plays defense against all 5 positions. The only other player I can ever recall doing that is Magic, and LeBron does it at a more suffocating level than Magic did. He's like a 6'8" Gary Payton who can go off for 45 on any night.

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4587545 said:
Durant is a great scorer, but LeBron is clearly the best when you take into account defense. He plays defense against all 5 positions. The only other player I can ever recall doing that is Magic, and LeBron does it at a more suffocating level than Magic did. He's like a 6'8" Gary Payton who can go off for 45 on any night.

This is such a myth. LeBron never defends centers and even if he did the center position nowadays is very weak. Durant has become a great 1 on 1 defender. Once he bulks up he'll be able to defend 5 positions.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4587558 said:
This is such a myth. LeBron never defends centers and even if he did the center position nowadays is very weak. Durant has become a great 1 on 1 defender. Once he bulks up he'll be able to defend 5 positions.

When Durant is playing this kind of on man defense against a 7 footer in the low post, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJLy7w_p7Ls

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4587614 said:
It's Pau Gasoft. That guy is so soft he would let a point guard him.

Oh you've come around now? I remember earlier in the year I called Pau Gasau soft and you jumped down my throat.

Is KG soft? He's been doing the same thing against him this series.

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4587617 said:
Oh you've come around now? I remember earlier in the year I called Pau Gasau soft and you jumped down my throat.

Is KG soft? He's been doing the same thing against him this series.

I thought Pau's disappearance last year was a fluke and he dissapeared again. He's soft and I can't wait for him to get traded. As for KG I don't know what series you're watching because James has mostly been guarding Pierce.

Noryb

Reaction score

I think you can make an argument for all three guys but Durant's on the ball defense isn't on par with Kobe and Lebron.

In an idea world, give me Lebron for quarters 1 - 3 and Kobe in the 4th.

If Lebron ever figures out how to close, then conversation over.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4587558 said:
Durant is never gonna "bulk up" thats his weakness. He is the black Dirk. Great jumpshooter that is clutch and can take it to the hole awkwardly and score. However defense is another story for both lol.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

As a Thunder, and of course Durant, fan I want to say PREACH IT BROTHER!

But that's the fan in me.

While I certainly always say that KD is the best player in the NBA today I am in the boat where if we sat down to have this conversation without any bias or fandom put in I'd put it like this.

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Kevin Durant

Now I like the fact that Durant is so young that I do believe in a couple more years he'll be the clear cut best player in basketball.

And I know there is a huge case to be made for Lebron already being better than Kobe but I'm simply not buying that.

Kobe is money in the clutch and has been for a long, long, long time.

Lebron was great the other night. But thats one night. One huge game in a huge needed situation.

Kobe has done that time and time again.

Lebron is great, and I take nothing away from him, and even though I can't stand Kobe Bryant, and I've said that many times, I respect the fact that he's still the best basketball player today and the best I've seen since Michael Jordan.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Noryb;4587652 said:
I think you can make an argument for all three guys but Durant's on the ball defense isn't on par with Kobe and Lebron.

And that kind sir is exactly it. If he ever gets to where he can close on a consistent basis then the conversation is over. He'll be the best at that time.

At least if he's able to do it within the next couple of years because I really believe by that point KD will be the best.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Noryb;4586960 said:
Considering how Wade is playing and Bosh was/is injured, I'm not surprised. LeBron can't do it all by himself, even though he did tonight.

And it's a team game. Just like every other sport ever.

Reaction score
juck;4587746 said:
Durant is never gonna "bulk up" thats his weakness. He is the black Dirk. Great jumpshooter that is clutch and can take it to the hole awkwardly and score. However defense is another story for both lol.

Durant is a terrific defender.

Reaction score
Noryb;4587652 said:

He hasn't yet figured out how to close on a consistent basis and he's been in the league for nearly a decade. I doubt he ever will.