2015 College Football Thread

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Because you have good sense:)

Sumlin was very good at Houston and was a large part of winning staffs for a decade.
He likely isn't some genius, but he is a good coach.
He's coached Drew Brees, Case Keenum and Manziel.

He's been coach of the year for his conference 3 times.

He was asst head coach to RC Slocum and Bob Stoops.

No coach is as good as they are perceived amidst a Heisman campaign but they aren't as bad as they look when a freshman QB bombs either:)

So much is about momentum with college football. High School kids have 10 minutes worth of awareness.
Aggies need to make home run hires for any departing coaches.

I like the guy!

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Because you have good sense:)

Sumlin was very good at Houston and was a large part of winning staffs for a decade.
He likely isn't some genius, but he is a good coach.
He's coached Drew Brees, Case Keenum and Manziel.

He's been coach of the year for his conference 3 times.

He was asst head coach to RC Slocum and Bob Stoops.

No coach is as good as they are perceived amidst a Heisman campaign but they aren't as bad as they look when a freshman QB bombs either:)

So much is about momentum with college football. High School kids have 10 minutes worth of awareness.
Aggies need to make home run hires for any departing coaches.

Looks like Trevor Knight may be headed to A&M.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Looks like Trevor Knight may be headed to A&M.

Yup. Only has 1 year tho.... But they need the help

I expect Kyle Allen to go to OU... lol... Straight swap. Kyle could sit Mayfield's final year then take over.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

I expect Kyle Allen to go to OU... lol... Straight swap. Kyle could sit Mayfield's final year then take over.

Ironic.

The QB carousel has been crazy this year.
And OU looks to be getting the most benefit.
Dayum! They steal our state's players, then beat us with them.......I hate that.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Looks like it's Murray to OU.

Allen looking at Colo St, Houston, and Nebraska.
Has not redshirted yet, so could use that year to sit.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Looks like it's Murray to OU.

Allen looking at Colo St, Houston, and Nebraska.
Has not redshirted yet, so could use that year to sit.

Crazy that Murray stole Allen's spot twice, lol.

Allen might well set records at Houston... lord.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Couple of good games tonight for Big 12 fans --

NC vs Baylor @ 4:30, and LSU vs Tech @ 8:00. Both on ESPN.

yimyammer

Reaction score
If I had any balls, Id put a huge bet on LSU, no way Techs D can stop Fournette and the caliber of player LSU can recruit vs Tech is a no brainer win for LSU, they should easily cover the 7 point spread

yimyammer

Reaction score
If I had any balls, Id put a huge bet on LSU, no way Techs D can stop Fournette and the caliber of player LSU can recruit vs Tech is a no brainer win for LSU, they should easily cover the 7 point spread

So close to putting 10K on LSU

No balls = no $$

OY!

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Same for A&M vs Louisville tonight.

Big bodies, blue chips, and depth should bury Cardinals by 20, even with 3rd string Aggie QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Big bodies, blue chips, and depth should bury Cardinals by 20, even with 3rd string Aggie QB.

I think it should be interesting and not a blowout. But we'll see.
I guess the same logic could apply to Auburn vs Memphis too....just not so sure Auburn wins though.

Rogah

Reaction score
I have to confess I was way wrong about Baylor this year. They really were national championship contenders until the injuries at QB because just too overwhelming.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited about 2016 in Waco. Maybe I'll take in a game at their (relatively) new shiny stadium... or the Texas Tech game in Arlington..... that'll probably be 82-79 or something like that.... :D

yimyammer

Reaction score

The reason I felt so strongly about Tech is because I went there and am very familiar with the type of team they have. They just cant and likely never will compete with schools like LSU, etc when it comes to recruiting.

They're scrappy and seem to find one game a year where they upset someone in a squeaker.

Teams like OU, LSU, Texas (usually) have enough talent where they are able to drastically reduce the effectiveness of the offense which is the only thing that really gives Tech a chance (and keeps the betting lines down because people think Tech can score on anyone).

Techs defensive is consistently horrible and recently they have been slaughtered in the running game. Good backs run through the D like a hot knife through hot butter.

Enter Fournette + LSU superior recruiting ability and I don't think I've ever seen a bigger lock for a team to cover the spread Thus why I was so close to make a big bet but couldn't pull the trigger since I'm a little ***** because the pain of losing is always greater than the joy of winning for me.

I'd like to talk to some sharps that make a living betting on sports betting to see if they had this one as much of a "lock" as I did.

BTW, Fournette finished with 212 rushing yards and four touchdowns on 29 carries and added a 44-yard touchdown reception

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
The reason I felt so strongly about Tech is because I went there and am very familiar with the type of team they have. They just cant and likely never will compete with schools like LSU, etc when it comes to recruiting.

They're scrappy and seem to find one game a year where they upset someone in a squeaker.

Teams like OU, LSU, Texas (usually) have enough talent where they are able to drastically reduce the effectiveness of the offense which is the only thing that really gives Tech a chance (and keeps the betting lines down because people think Tech can score on anyone).

Techs defensive is consistently horrible and recently they have been slaughtered in the running game. Good backs run through the D like a hot knife through hot butter.

Enter Fournette + LSU superior recruiting ability and I don't think I've ever seen a bigger lock for a team to cover the spread Thus why I was so close to make a big bet but couldn't pull the trigger since I'm a little ***** because the pain of losing is always greater than the joy of winning for me.

I'd like to talk to some sharps that make a living betting on sports betting to see if they had this one as much of a "lock" as I did.

BTW, Fournette finished with 212 rushing yards and four touchdowns on 29 carries and added a 44-yard touchdown reception

The Music City Bowl outcome represents the uncertainty in football that keeps me from ever betting

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Boykin just screwed himself last night.
Was involved in a bar fight, flailing about, and struck a police officer.
3rd degree felony, suspended.