2015 College Football Thread

yimyammer

Reaction score
The Music City Bowl outcome represents the uncertainty in football that keeps me from ever betting

thus why I couldn't do it because as surely as I did Tech would have pulled off the miracle or even worse, lost by 6 on some last second crazy play

DFWJC

Reaction score
Florida St trying to make things interesting.
Houston's lead cut to 24-17 with 11 minutes

StylisticS

Reaction score
Tom Herman is very impressive. I know Texas fans would love to have him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12469520_1170208766335781_6104531232951637124_o.jpg

I think I should go buy some peaches for a cobbler. Lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
A good one so far down in Miami.
Clemson lead Oklahoma 10-7 early in the 2nd.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Big game Bob. Nice to see Mixon get knocked the hell out, guess Clemson hits back huh Joe?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Clemson is just the better team. It should be Clemson vs. Alabama in the Final as long as Bama doesn't choke vs. Michigan State and that's the matchup the world deserves. The two best overall teams

jimmy40

Reaction score
I have to confess I was way wrong about Baylor this year. They really were national championship contenders until the injuries at QB because just too overwhelming.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited about 2016 in Waco. Maybe I'll take in a game at their (relatively) new shiny stadium... or the Texas Tech game in Arlington..... that'll probably be 82-79 or something like that.... :D

pretty sure Baylor's oline and dline are gone now. we'll see how that goes.

Rogah

Reaction score
RANT

I think it is total BS how the Rose Bowl dictates the Playoff semifinals. We are getting this idiotic system of the playoffs being played on New Year's Eve - which was even more of a disaster than anticipated - on the 2 years (within the 3 year cycle) where the Rose Bowl is not one of the semi-final games.

How in the hell does it make more sense to insist the Rose Bowl HAS to be played January 1 at 4:00 PM and simultaneously have the semi-finals on December 31 than on January 2..?!?!

/RANT

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
The timing definitely needs to change. I really have little interest in today's games after the Playoff games and struggled to watch much of yesterday's game because it was NYE.
No way to get out of family/husband duty on NYE.

Clemson was dominant that 2nd half. Just flat wore OU down. Crazy that they actually trailed at half.
Bama... that was apparently a slaughter of epic proportions.

I favor 8 teams and no Rose Bowl exception crap but this year 4 was fine and the best two are clearly meeting for the Title.

Rogah

Reaction score
various:
The timing definitely needs to change. I really have little interest in today's games after the Playoff games and struggled to watch much of yesterday's game because it was NYE.
I agree with this, although I was able to muster up some interest for today's games..... tomorrow, however, is really just an afterthought especially now that the one game I was looking forward to, TCU-Oregon, is going to be missing its marquee player.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RANT

I think it is total BS how the Rose Bowl dictates the Playoff semifinals. We are getting this idiotic system of the playoffs being played on New Year's Eve - which was even more of a disaster than anticipated - on the 2 years (within the 3 year cycle) where the Rose Bowl is not one of the semi-final games.

How in the hell does it make more sense to insist the Rose Bowl HAS to be played January 1 at 4:00 PM and simultaneously have the semi-finals on December 31 than on January 2..?!?!

/RANT

I agree with you. Today's games just don't have the same feel because of the games yesterday. And as everyone thought would happen the ratings got hammered compared to last year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree with you. Today's games just don't have the same feel because of the games yesterday. And as everyone thought would happen the ratings got hammered compared to last year.

yup. it is like watching regular season finales in the NFL with the playoff field already determined. most of these games mean very litle. the schools locked in the money and the staffs are busty recruiting future classes.
the benefit is the extra practice which already occured and the money which means nothing game day.

games need to build in meaning to hold interest.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Bowl season has been a big fail. The ratings for the Semifinals were terrible too, obviously because December 31 was such a poor choice.

Rogah

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why Christian Hackenburg, who announced today he is entering the draft, is even remotely seen as a pro prospect, let alone a top one? I'll ignore today since he was injured, but I have never seen anything from him that even remotely indicates to me that he has any sort of future whatsoever as a legit pro QB. Hell, I wouldn't even place him in my college top-50. Heck, after today, I'm not so sure he is even the best QB on his own team.

Any team that takes him anywhere inside the top 6 rounds is moronic. A 7th round flyer would be tolerable, even though I hope Dallas doesn't waste the pick on him.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why Christian Hackenburg, who announced today he is entering the draft, is even remotely seen as a pro prospect, let alone a top one? I'll ignore today since he was injured, but I have never seen anything from him that even remotely indicates to me that he has any sort of future whatsoever as a legit pro QB. Hell, I wouldn't even place him in my college top-50. Heck, after today, I'm not so sure he is even the best QB on his own team.

Any team that takes him anywhere inside the top 6 rounds is moronic. A 7th round flyer would be tolerable, even though I hope Dallas doesn't waste the pick on him.

i am with you. he was a stud coming outof HS and ate up the gruden/dilfer elite 11 qb camp stuff but man he has been pretty poor at psu.
he is slow and deliberate with below average accuracy.
i'd say rounds 5-7 for him.
let him sit and when he comes in it is to drive the bus and hand off with a few play action passes and screens mixed in.

PSU actually got better at QB when he went out almost came back to win that game.