Twitter: 2021 salary cap set at 182.5 million

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Rookie pool for us is about $2.3 million. Maybe less because we have 6 players at the bottom of the 51 who make $780,000.

Good cheap players will go to playoff teams?

Should we follow the lead of some militaries, reinforce our strongest unit, the offense? Make it possible for us to score over 50 points a game, and hope the other team’s offense will mess up three times a game.

Over the cap has our ‘21 cap available as $834,000.

How much will league rules allow us to push spending into the future?

In theory that sounds a plan. However, we dont score 50 points against good defenses. People getting fooled about the yards in the first four games last year when we played against 3 average defenses and one good defense ( the Rams).....whom we only scored 17).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
like I said, I don't want to sign anyone in 2021, with cap at 182.5....we don't need anyone offensively. we need defense and that has to come through the draft. and allow Quinn to install his system and see where we are. we can structure one contract and have cap space for draftees...

and that's a projection, and I think it may go higher than that once the covid stuff is over and be back where it was, plus TV contract renegotiations are coming, so 2023 will have much more room.

the restructuring of contracts is done by all 32 teams. its normal way of working the cap for all.

and there will more cap room in 2022 than you think....like I said, easily resturcting can open tons of cap room enough to sing and they can be structured such that it pushes money to 2023, 2024....not that hard. ala Dak's contract is avgt 40M but his cap hit this year is 22M......

plus, I don't think we should/could build through FA....it has to come through draft, the core has to come through draft like all other teams, like our offense....if we don't draft well defensively, even 50M cap space can't help us.

If you restructure contracts this year, you pay for it in the next 2 or 3. People mentioning restructuring Jaylon and Coops in one sentence and then cutting them after 2021.....you cant do both without hemorrhaging Dead Cap.

The increases from the CBA arent going to overcome all the issue that we are in CAP trouble in the next couple of years and what you dont take into account is that the CBA increases applies to ALL teams and so it's a matter of FA becoming more expensive as teams have more money.

A team cant build via the draft......for example two rookie DT's/Safeties or CB's are going to be eaten up by quality/good veterans. A team needs balance throughout the schemes.

aria

Reaction score
Most definitely....I'm not referencing the one with a picture of Zeke showing his abs in his avatar......:thumbup:
That’s your idol, the guy you defend. The purse carrying bully diva grown “man” who wore a formal shirt, with a suit and jacket, to draft day which was cut off to show his abs like a teenage girl from an 80’s music video and you’re mocking me?! Lol LOL lolololol

I’m not the dbag wearing it, I’m just reminding people like you who you’re hero is. Sorry it hurts your delicate feelers. Lol

lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s your idol, the guy you defend. The purse carrying bully diva grown “man” who wore a formal shirt, with a suit and jacket, to draft day which was cut off to show his abs like a teenage girl from an 80’s music video and you’re mocking me?! Lol LOL lolololol

I’m not the dbag wearing it, I’m just reminding people like you who you’re hero is. Sorry it hurts your delicate feelers. Lol

lol
Yet.....its your personal avatar.....seems like he's more of your idol than anyone else's lol. Trying to deflect though I see ya!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you restructure contracts this year, you pay for it in the next 2 or 3. People mentioning restructuring Jaylon and Coops in one sentence and then cutting them after 2021.....you cant do both without hemorrhaging Dead Cap.

The increases from the CBA arent going to overcome all the issue that we are in CAP trouble in the next couple of years and what you dont take into account is that the CBA increases applies to ALL teams and so it's a matter of FA becoming more expensive as teams have more money.

A team cant build via the draft......for example two rookie DT's/Safeties or CB's are going to be eaten up by quality/good veterans. A team needs balance throughout the schemes.
we have 8 large cntracts that can be restructured, so you don't do it all in one year, you use a couple each cap year...next year Dak's contract is eligble for restructure as well...yes, money always gets pushed to the future, at some point you have to deal with dead cap, just like any other team...

and the cap issues aren't for Dallas alone, all teams have the same cap, same issues, in fact we were in top 10 cap space this year (of course until we signed Dak) and even now, we are still better than half the other teams....

a team's core on either side of the ball needs to be built through draft. you supplement with a FA here or there. all FAs are over priced (and some are ineffective, injured, old, head cases)....if you don't draft well, then its all shot to hel! anyway....

aria

Reaction score
Yet.....its your personal avatar.....seems like he's more of your idol than anyone else's lol. Trying to deflect though I see ya!
LOL It’s obvious you can’t read or you would know my avatar is far from a compliment. Lol.

Lolololololololol......lol.lol.LOOOL

USArmyVet

Reaction score

The sad part is 3 players (DLaw, Dak, and Cooper) account for 38% of the entire team salary cap and 7 players (DLaw, Dak, Cooper, Martin, T. Smith, Zeke, and Collins) account for a whopping $125.9M, or 69% of the entire team salary cap.