A Touch of Hostility...Week 16

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Good stuff Miguel...

The thing I like most..

Standing for the National Anthem.

Bud Grant would have his teams practice standing for the National Anthem...he said "The other teams can look like bread lines...we're going to do this correctly"

:)

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
EPL0c0;3762744 said:
DESPITE the missed PAT, Dallas *STILL* had the lead with under 2minutes left and Arizona having only 1 timeout.

4th and 15 with 1:17 left and the defense gives up a 26yd pass play.

I mean really? TWENTY-SIX YARDS on 4th & 15 with the game on the line.

Not the first time the defense has completely choked.

Can't blame it *ALL* on Buehler.

Why not they blamed it on Roy vs the Saints.

i agree tho. Just because somebody failed at their specific job on that moment. The defense still needs to play and make a stop.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Juke99;3762753 said:
Good stuff Miguel...

The thing I like most..

Bud Grant would have his teams practice standing for the National Anthem...he said "The other teams can look like bread lines...we're going to do this correctly"

Agree with this. My dad is a 35 yr retired vet. And when he moved us back to Cali when i was 8. My teacher wouldnt make us do the pledge of allegiance. I told him my first day home from school. The very next day he went to the school and embarrassed that teacher, lol and me. Keep in mind he was a drill sgt. So those who have exp with people in the military know the voice and the way they speak. Long story short we never went another day without starting the day with the pledge of allegiance

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;3762753 said:
Good stuff Miguel...

The thing I like most..

I took pictures of this by the way.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile;3762741 said:
I am so sick of this kind of comment. If you look REAL close, you will see that the only place I mentioned pride was that our team stood at attention for the National Anthem. I get it. We lost and you're upset. Please stop trying to hammer it home.

I wouldn't be too worried about is comments. He is one of thoser Staunch Ani-Garrett crowd, although he claims he is not.

On another note, was hoping for insights that you would share that were not seen on the TV. You came through.

I hate harping on Refs, but last night, was abosolutely horrendous. I could understand somewhat if Cardinals were like Patroits or STeelers or some really good team. But Cardinals getting all those calls and no calls mostly for cowboys?? You got to be kidding me.

It almost seemed like someone said, there was some money changed to make sure Boys didn't win or they didn't cover the spread.

Either way, those two Ints for TD pretty much sealed the game IMO. No matter what some these fan overreactors who don't seems to look at big picture or complete game, that game was of of those games, when most things that could go wrong, went wrong for boys.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EPL0c0;3762744 said:
DESPITE the missed PAT, Dallas *STILL* had the lead with under 2minutes left and Arizona having only 1 timeout.

4th and 15 with 1:17 left and the defense gives up a 26yd pass play.

I mean really? TWENTY-SIX YARDS on 4th & 15 with the game on the line.

Not the first time the defense has completely choked.

Can't blame it *ALL* on Buehler.

Yup. There were five awful awful plays in that game. The three AZ TDs, the missed XP, and the 4th-and-15 conversion. Blame deserves to be spread pretty equally on those.

I will say, as a huge Buehler booster, the guy does try even my patience. Two game-winning kicks? No problem! Fifty-three yarder? Boom! Extra point? Doink. Sigh. I still believe he's the guy, but dude.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3762788 said:
I wouldn't be too worried about is comments. He is one of thoser Staunch Ani-Garrett crowd, although he claims he is not.

On another note, was hoping for insights that you would share that were not seen on the TV. You came through.

I hate harping on Refs, but last night, was abosolutely horrendous. I could understand somewhat if Cardinals were like Patroits or STeelers or some really good team. But Cardinals getting all those calls and no calls mostly for cowboys?? You got to be kidding me.

It almost seemed like someone said, there was some money changed to make sure Boys didn't win or they didn't cover the spread.

Either way, those two Ints for TD pretty much sealed the game IMO. No matter what some these fan overreactors who don't seems to look at big picture or complete game, that game was of of those games, when most things that could go wrong, went wrong for boys.

So im anti Garrett but i choose to say the opposite? Lol no i speak my mind, Hostile knows this even when it could get me banned. Im anti Cowboys Failure. I was Anti parcells but not Garrett.

And if the 2 ints sealed the game why did Dallas come back and take the lead? that makes no sense.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Good post, Hos. We had some chatter about you in the game thread regarding the kicking situation, naturally. :D

I was at the Skins game and I was thinking the exact same thing about our players standing in a line during the anthem, while the other team was lollygagging around.

I fully agree that this team is in good hands with Garrett. He deserves a shot, at the very least.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Once I saw who the ref crew was, I knew we were in for trouble. They are bad. The only hope you get is that perhaps they'll be bad equally.

I think the real important choice on future head coach resides with Stephen. If he's solid with Jason, then I think Jerry swings that way. If not, well, someones going to get a good coach. Fischer coming free might complicate things though.

cowboyed

Reaction score
jgboys1;3762674 said:
I have the same bad feeling.

Getting rid of Garrett would be a big mistake but

JJ would rather make newspaper headlines than win football games,

so a big name head coach is what JJ is going to go with.

Dumb move if you ask me.

Good grief he was being coy with analysts. You know they just want to bait Jerry by getting him to state that Jason will the HC and thus have him looking like he is circumventing the Rooney rule.

Besides what is wrong with interviewing other candidates to confirm that what you have in Garrett is the long term coach of the future. Jerry did not state he would go with a big name head coach. He was alluding to the fact that considering hiring one would be appealing because no big name head coach that won a Superbowl then went on to another team and won it again.

That would set a precedent for that head coach and the Dallas Cowboys. I really believe he is going Garrett all the way.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3762709 said:
I have no clue why anyone seriously thinks Jerry would let Garrett go. None.

One reason could be because the past two games we've come out and played two terrible football teams and gotten poor effort and execution in both games.

birdwells1

Reaction score
cowboyed;3762813 said:
Good grief he was being coy with analysts. You know they just want to bait Jerry by getting him to state that Jason will the HC and thus have him looking like he is circumventing the Rooney rule.

Besides what is wrong with interviewing other candidates to confirm that what you have in Garrett is the long term coach of the future. Jerry did not state he would go with a big name head coach. He was alluding to the fact that considering hiring one would be appealing because no big name head coach that won a Superbowl then went on to another team and won it again.

That would set a precedent for that head coach and the Dallas Cowboys. I really believe he is going Garrett all the way.

If that's why you're interviewing then you shouldn't do it. What's wrong with actually opening the position to the best available coach including Garrett. You can't hurt yourself by keeping an open mind, Garrett isn't going anywhere.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3762821 said:
One reason could be because the past two games we've come out and played two terrible football teams and gotten poor effort and execution in both games.

:laugh2: Well alrighty then, I guess it takes all kinds of eyes to see same game very differently. :laugh2: I didn't know poor effort brings back a team from amlost 21 point hole. :rolleyes:

Randy White

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3762709 said:
I have no clue why anyone seriously thinks Jerry would let Garrett go. None.

:hammer:

It takes too much money to bring in a new coach right now, especially if there's going to be a lockout next season, and there's no guarantees. Jerrah has been there, done that, with just about every plausible coaching scenario you can think of ( college coach, player friendly, hard liner, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, in house, retired ) and JG is already paid through next season, iirc, anyways.

Another thing, Jerrah might be thought of as a country bumpkin, but even he realizes that this defense will probably have to be rebuilt almost entirely, from players to coaches, and THAT is going to cost alot of money.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3762843 said:
Well alrighty then, I guess it takes all kinds of eyes to see same game very differently. I didn't know poor effort brings back a team from amlost 21 point hole.

Poor effort and execution gets you in a 21 point hole to a terrible football team in the first place..

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3762873 said:
Poor effort and execution gets you in a 21 point hole to a terrible football team in the first place..

:D Yeah Ok. Poor execution, obviously, Duh! Poor effort, thats again, shows how people watch same thing and think completely different.:)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3762880 said:
:D Yeah Ok. Poor execution, obviously, Duh! Poor effort, thats again, shows how people watch same thing and think completely different.:)

Good effort on usage of smilies in this thread.

Other than that, you're right.. apparently people can watch us lose to a terrible football team and think we put forth a great effort.

We weren't very focused at all these past two games, imo. Sloppy play.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Good post, sounds like fun even with the loss.

I will say one thing though. We did anything but "dominate" the Cardinals. Like Jerry said, "Stats are for losers" and right now, we're definitely losers.