A Touch of Hostility...Week 16

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3763118 said:
Im not sure you understand fully what irony is.. and we both know you read it. If you'd rather not respond as to why Garrett has been inconsistent as our HC, that's perfectly fine.
Actually, I didn't, and as I said I won't. You didn't "focus on it" yet it is the first thing in the entire OP that you commented on?

Okay. :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wisconsin_Cowboys_Fan;3763123 said:
It was good to meet you, Hos! Despite the final outcome I still had a great time. Too bad you never convinced anyone to bring you food, huh? :laugh2:

Scott
I know, what was up with that?

Just so everyone knows the story. You know how people always get up in the middle of the game and need to get by you? I try to make a joke out of this and I beg them to bring me something back. Towards the end of the game I was telling people my ribs were showing because they kept forgetting the food.

I got good laughs, but no food. True story, in the past people have actually brought me food. They enjoy laughing about it. It works so I keep doing it. Last night was fail though.

Good to meet you too. Good luck with your lady.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Hostile;3763130 said:
I know, what was up with that?

Just so everyone know the story. You know how people always get up in the middle of the game and need to get by you? I try to make a joke out of this and I beg them to bring me something back. Towards the end of the game I was telling people my ribs were showing because they kept forgetting the food.

I got good laughs, but no food. True story, in the past people have actually brought me food. They enjoy laughing about it. It works so I keep doing it. Last night was fail though.

Good to meet you too. Good luck with your lady.
I will be stealing this and using it the next time I'm at a sports event. Will be perfect for Thunder games! :D

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3763062 said:
I knew this response was coming. Just didn't know from who. I am so tired of hearing how miserable the football team makes people.

I was guilty earlier this season but after we failed to show up against Tennessee after the bye week I just realized that Wade Phillips wasn't the answer.

Then Jason Garrett came along and the players actually start buying into what he's selling instead of just going through the motions.

I don't know what else we have to do in order to get myopic fans to see that Jason Garrett is the answer...maybe if he gets some blonde hair and goes in the MNF booth for a few seasons, or grows a massive chin, fans will buy into him?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PBJTime;3763140 said:
I will be stealing this and using it the next time I'm at a sports event. Will be perfect for Thunder games! :D
Do it. I have never been to a football game where I have not laughed myself silly with people around me. I make comments about everything and we laugh.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;3763141 said:
I was guilty earlier this season but after we failed to show up against Tennessee after the bye week I just realized that Wade Phillips wasn't the answer.

Then Jason Garrett came along and the players actually start buying into what he's selling instead of just going through the motions.

I don't know what else we have to do in order to get myopic fans to see that Jason Garrett is the answer...maybe if he gets some blonde hair and goes in the MNF booth for a few seasons, or grows a massive chin, fans will buy into him?
Today's fans would have rejected Tom Landry forever.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3763149 said:

That's probably true. They would have trolled around about Jimmy too, probably.

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;3763149 said:
The Aikman is a bust after his first season would have been 1 large mega-merged thread too.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
casmith07;3763141 said:

Or maybe it has nothing to do with other coaches that the media throws around, and simply has to do with the job Garrett is doing. Im not saying he should or should not be our HC next season, but with the effort i've seen from this team the past two games against BAD football teams, i don't think there's any reason to think Garrett will be a highly successful football coach. The jury is still out. He got our team to play disciplined, focused football against top teams when he first took over. The past couple games, i haven't seen that. Needs to show a little consistency.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
casmith07;3763141 said:

I still support Garrett, but this team needs an enema. We have played dumber each of the last three weeks. Coach P has not called good games, and frequent player errors have dug this team holes time and time again. Should've beaten Philly. Wash should not have been close. Zone had no business being in that game, but for the two pick sixes.

What has changed post Wade is that the team does not quit. 21-3 is the perfect time for a team with a losing mentality to give in, "here we go again". They don't do that anymore. If the team is competitive at the Eagles next week with McGee starting, well, what else do you need to see?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
IgorTheMan99;3763178 said:
What has changed post Wade is that the team does not quit. 21-3 is the perfect time for a team with a losing mentality to give in, "here we go again". They don't do that anymore. If the team is competitive at the Eagles next week with McGee starting, well, what else do you need to see?

You read the bold part of your post, and ask yourself the same question you asked at the end - what else do you need to see?

They play hard, they don't quit, they keep fighting, and they give themselves a chance to win in the face of massive adversity.

Now, I ask you, imagine if that same level of preparation, repetition, and accountability was in place from the word Go at mini-camps and OTAs. Imagine if that same work ethic is in place throughout training camp. Then throughout preseason games. Then to the regular season.

Ask yourself now if you really believe we would have started out 1-5. If you believe we would have, then you can go hang out with the rest of the whiners.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
It was a hypothetical. LOL. I think we still have dumb players, but as long as Garrett gets the power to excise the morons, we will be much improved in a full time Garrett regime.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
casmith07;3763187 said:
You read the bold part of your post, and ask yourself the same question you asked at the end - what else do you need to see?

They play hard, they don't quit, they keep fighting, and they give themselves a chance to win in the face of massive adversity.

Now, I ask you, imagine if that same level of preparation, repetition, and accountability was in place from the word Go at mini-camps and OTAs. Imagine if that same work ethic is in place throughout training camp. Then throughout preseason games. Then to the regular season.

Ask yourself now if you really believe we would have started out 1-5. If you believe we would have, then you can go hang out with the rest of the whiners.

You make it sound like we were getting blown out all year. Jacksonville and then Greenbay were the only games were you could say the team quit, but we were in the games early on. What we're seeing now isn't all that different from early in the year, just inexplicable losses. Which is what bad teams do, find a way to lose.

Garrett should get a full year to truely evaluate him. But Jerry's mind was made up years ago, there's a reason Garrett has been making head coach money.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
casmith07;3763187 said:

Yes, because if you still doubt that Garrett will be a highly successful head coach, if you still have some concerns for any reason, then you are a whiner.

:rolleyes:

Fact is, if we put a good effort in each game, then if we have the ability to hang in there with the best teams in the league, we shouldn't be just barely hanging in there with some of the worst teams in the league. You need to win the games you are supposed to win at the very least.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Randy White;3763207 said:
Ususally does not mean all the time.

Dominating the stat sheet is completely and utterly useless, except of course for pro bowl voters and fantasy football.

We were dominating statically early in the year as well, on our way to 1 - 5. Lot of good that did.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Hostile;3762937 said:
Be there. Feel the emotions of the home team's fans, then tell me we did not dominate them. I didn't even look at the stats when I wrote it. In fact I still haven't looked at them. Bet me we didn't have tons more 1st downs and TOP. Cardinals fans knew they won on fluke plays. Why can't our fans accept this?

Probably because Cowboys fans were expecting a Super Bowl contending team, and now you expect fans to be happy with the Boys giving great effort, but losing to a bad team.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Patton;3762715 said:
Marketing.

You have to remember, he's not just the GM. He's the owner, GM, Head Coach, head trainer, towelboy and whichever other hat he decides to wear on a given day.
Fixed it for you:D