Adam Pacman Jones in a fight lastnight w/personal security...see Post #19

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
k0wb0y;2320286 said:
pacman7.jpg
Seriously, if this is a suspendable offense, then I would be shocked.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
alby;2320287 said:
no arrests were made. He's not going to get suspended, maybe fined by the team.
I told you so. this is silly. nothing will come of this. just remember i told you so.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Powerdad23;2320288 said:
Well..Maybe he'll take that fight attitude to the game with him. Might help!
he's one of the few who does on defense.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2320293 said:
Seriously, if this is a suspendable offense, then I would be shocked.

It is. It makes him look like he hasn't changed at all. With him, thats all there needs.

He messed up. He just needs to hope for a miracle.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2320308 said:
It is. It makes him look like he hasn't changed at all. With him, thats all there needs.

Did you even bother to read the article AdamJT13 posted?:mad:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
he violated the terms of the NFL conduct contract with Goodell - if this story is close to accurate his NFL career is over.

Even worse if no one told Goodell before his visit. Thats the real story here.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2320308 said:

Getting in a verbal argument is a suspendable offense? Please.

I highly doubt he is suspended.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Boysboy;2320315 said:
Did you even bother to read the article AdamJT13 posted?:mad:

I did and it really doesn't matter what happened. At this point, he looks like an unchanged man, period.

If the Commish wants to punish him, he can.

windward;2320318 said:
Getting in a verbal argument is a suspendable offense? Please.

I highly doubt he is suspended.

Its not the argument he would be suspended over. Its the crappy perception of the whole incident and his "unchanged attitude". Not saying I want him suspended, just saying I think he will be.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2320317 said:
he violated the terms of the NFL conduct contract with Goodell - if this story is close to accurate his NFL career is over.

Even worse if no one told Goodell before his visit. Thats the real story here.

Dude-you're starting to sound like a broken record.:laugh1:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2320321 said:
I did and it really doesn't matter what happened. At this point, he looks like an unchanged man, period.

So getting into a "verbal argument" means you're an "unchanged man"?:confused:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Boysboy;2320324 said:
So getting into a "verbal argument" means you're an "unchanged man"?:confused:

Its not the argument that is the problem. Its the fact that something occurred at all.

It doesn't matter if he had passed gas in a bank, the fact that he was involved with something that had to do with the police arriving is enough to present a crappy enough depiction of what happened.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2320321 said:

Its not the argument he would be suspended over. Its the crappy perception of the whole incident and his "unchanged attitude". Not saying I want him suspended, just saying I think he will be.
If Goodell suspends him because there is a " crappy perception" of the incident, then he is an idiot

Don't think he'll do that though JMO.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2320329 said:
If Goodell suspends him because there is a " crappy perception" of the incident, then he is an idiot

Don't think he'll do that though JMO.

I hope he doesn't.

I just don't see how he gets out of it.

Early hours of the morning, possible booze, possible property damage, police involvement.

Just doesn't look good. Theres a quote where Goodell talks about Adam avoiding situations that reflect poorly on himself, the team and the league.

I can't say that he has done that, no matter what actually happened.

I will say this, I think his only chance of avoiding punishment is if there isn't anything broken. If something is broken, I think he gets the wrath.

This is from Mosley's blog.

At about 6:45 p.m. ET, I was tipped off that Dallas-Fort Worth's local CBS affiliate, which happens to be the Dallas Cowboys network, was about to report that Jones had been involved in an altercation with one of his body guards at the trendy new Joule Hotel.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram cited two sources saying that Jones had been attending a party hosted by rapper Ludacris when he squared off with a member of his security detail named Tommy Jones. The two men fought in a hotel bathroom, and finally had to be restrained by hotel security. Jones reportedly ripped off his shirt outside the hotel and then re-entered the building before the altercation.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2320343 said:
I hope he doesn't.

I just don't see how he gets out of it.

Early hours of the morning, possible booze, possible property damage, police involvement.

Just doesn't look good. Theres a quote where Goodell talks about Adam avoiding situations that reflect poorly on himself, the team and the league.

I can't say that he has done that, no matter what actually happened.

I will say this, I think his only chance of avoiding punishment is if there isn't anything broken. If something is broken, I think he gets the wrath.
Would Goodell seriously susppend Pacman for a year due to a broken mirror?

That is just ridiculous imo.

I could maybe understand a fine, but a suspension would be too much .

Boysboy

Reaction score
windward;2320353 said:
Would Goodell seriously susppend Pacman for a year due to a broken mirror?

That is just ridiculous imo.

I could maybe understand a fine, but a suspension would be too much .

But there were no reports of broken mirrors(other than from Ed Werder)-so no.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;2320359 said:
But there were no reports of broken mirrors(other than from Ed Werder)-so no.
Oh yeah.

But even if so it would be a horrible rationale to suspend him. Fine him an amount plus the cost of replacing broken items yeah.

Suspend him? Awful.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Got nothing but rumors and so called reports from so called people at the scene. At the same time no police report was filled, and other reports say it was only a verbal arguement. So right now there is nothing to suggest this is anything serious.
Pacman does have to toe the line= but at the same time this in no way appears to be anything that would call for suspension- and maybe not even a fine. So unlike Hoof and Nors who want him gone no matter what I say lets wait a day for more reliable reports.