Adam Pacman Jones in a fight lastnight w/personal security...see Post #19

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
burmafrd;2320365 said:
Got nothing but rumors and so called reports from so called people at the scene. At the same time no police report was filled, and other reports say it was only a verbal arguement. So right now there is nothing to suggest this is anything serious.
Pacman does have to toe the line= but at the same time this in no way appears to be anything that would call for suspension- and maybe not even a fine. So unlike Hoof and Nors who want him gone no matter what I say lets wait a day for more reliable reports.
Can't argue with that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2320353 said:
Would Goodell seriously susppend Pacman for a year due to a broken mirror?

That is just ridiculous imo.

I could maybe understand a fine, but a suspension would be too much .

Its not just a mirror.

Its the fact that anything happened at all. When you are on your last chance, you cannot let anything happen, period.

Like I've said, I really hope he doesn't get suspended but I think he will.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
burmafrd;2320365 said:
Got nothing but rumors and so called reports from so called people at the scene. At the same time no police report was filled, and other reports say it was only a verbal arguement. So right now there is nothing to suggest this is anything serious.
Pacman does have to toe the line= but at the same time this in no way appears to be anything that would call for suspension- and maybe not even a fine. So unlike Hoof and Nors who want him gone no matter what I say lets wait a day for more reliable reports.

I've never said that I want him gone. Expecting a suspension is not the same as rooting for one. Don't bunch me in with that tool bag.

dre1614

Reaction score
he didn't get arrested, and no files were charged. What can Goodell suspend him on?

burmafrd

Reaction score
He was on his last chance before being reinstated. Now he certainly has a shorter leash then any other player in the NFL right now= BUT this does NOT appear to be enough for the Sheriff to bring out the rope.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Anyone want the over/under on how many consecutive life sentences Pacman Jones will face within 10yrs of being out of the NFL?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
the part that concerns me is that there were 3 or 4 Cowboys out partying at 1:30 am morning before practice.................:banghead:

Boysboy

Reaction score
dadymat;2320423 said:
the part that concerns me is that there were 3 or 4 Cowboys out partying at 1:30 am morning before practice.................:banghead:

Where did you hear that?

Boysboy

Reaction score
dadymat;2320423 said:

I read 11pm, where are you getting this 1:30am?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Boysboy;2320424 said:
Where did you hear that?

Dcowboy84;2319833 said:
Ticket just gave some more details....he was at a CD listening party w/Roy williams, Martellus and Tank Johnson, and at some point his security took him from the party, and then the fight in the bathroom happened....so take all that for what it's worth

just going off this..........I hope its wrong

Boysboy

Reaction score
dadymat;2320428 said:
just going off this..........I hope its wrong

AdamJT13 posted a news article on what REALLY happened on page 16. There were no broken mirrors, physical confrontations, etc.

Hope this helps

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dadymat;2320423 said:

they are adults you know

seems like a tempest in a teapot to me but Adam has the bad history so Robespierre will probably throw the book at him

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Spectre;2320193 said:
Here we go with the infamous Cowboys-fan-base-defense of a guy who is not deserving of it.

Dude is a punk. You know it and I know it. If he were still a Titan we'd all be having a big laugh about this. Well I'll just laugh alone then.

Serves Jerry Jones and the organization right for signing the guy if/when he is banned from the league. Enough chances. Good riddance.

That's one thing you can't say about Parcells. This garbage would never enter the team building when he was here.

And how many playoff wins did the great Parcells lead us to?????

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mash;2320227 said:
Maybe you have forgotten....or you have a man crush on Parcells....but......

Lawrence Taylor was no saint...he started using drugs in his second season with Big Bill as his coach.....there were others also.....and Big Bill kept them on the team........hmmm.......
:)

LT was doing blow during freaking timeouts!!!

Parcells did jack about it.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2320315 said:
Did you even bother to read the article AdamJT13 posted?:mad:

Why are you so geeked up on an AP article?

The local articles are going to be more accurate, whether you like the news or not bro.

And even in the AP article it is confirmed that he was involved in whatever went on by one of the officers that responded to the scene.

Maybe you should read the article again.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2320447 said:
Why are you so geeked up on an AP article?

The local articles are going to be more accurate, whether you like the news or not bro.

And even in the AP article it is confirmed that he was involved in whatever went on by one of the officers that responded to the scene.

Maybe you should read the article again.

The AP article IS a local article. The writer is a news reporter in Dallas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
From the media reports going around, it doesnt look like its as big a deal as I first thought.

The fact that there is no police report I think is what is going to save Pac here. If there was damage done to the hotel, a police report would be required for the hotel to have any claims on compensation.

No police report of damaged property means hotel's word against Pac, unless they got survelliance video.

If it is just a mirror, I have a hard time seeing a suspension for breaking a freaking mirror. Now if Pac was publicly intoxicated, that is another story.

However, the point that no police report was made means that no breathalizer or blood test was adminstered to prove public intoxication.

I have a college buddy that works with the DA in my hometown and I just spoke with him and he basically said that without a police report, you basically have jack.

The fact that no citation or arrest was made for either destruction of private property, disorderly conduct, or public intoxication leads me to believe this is all BS.

My .02

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I love how everyone is just trying to make this seem like it's not a big deal.

If Pacman's name is involved any thought that it's not a big deal goes right out the window.

He's now going to have to go to NY and meet with Goodell. He is now in the dog house with Jerry even if Jerry decides to keep him around. He was just told to keep a low profile after showing up on stage at the Nelly concert and within a week from that warning he is out at a Ludacris movie premiere. He now has a member of his own security team involved in some BS along with him. And now we know he was out at 1:30am with a few teammates on Tuesday night when he has practice Wednesday morning.

And if your argument is that he's not a baby and he is allowed to go to the event and have a few drinks then you are as dumb as he is.

If he was drinking at the hotel he should be cut. If he did get in a fist fight with his security guard in the bathroom he should be cut.

Zero tolerance. Period, point blank.

I actually feel sorry for Jerry Jones right now that he has wake up in the morning and start dealing with all of this BS.

We thought the media was barking the last few weeks? Wait until tomorrow's media session in the locker room and then wait until you hear the questions Wade has to field tomorrow at his presser.

He can go clubbing all he wants as long as he doesn't want to be an employee of the NFL. It's that simple people.

I said above I feel sorry for Jerry. But how do I feel about me?

I feel like an idiot for thinking that this wasn't going to happen at some point.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2320449 said:
The AP article IS a local article. The writer is a news reporter in Dallas.

Great. Go read it to Boysboy and talk loud when you get the part where it's confirmed he was involved in the incident by the officer on scene.

We are never going to get the complete story on this. You know it and I know it. The problem is that there is a story at all with his name involved.

If he was at home instead of out at a 'party' there would be no story.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Spectre;2320193 said:
Here we go with the infamous Cowboys-fan-base-defense of a guy who is not deserving of it.

Dude is a punk. You know it and I know it. If he were still a Titan we'd all be having a big laugh about this. Well I'll just laugh alone then.

Serves Jerry Jones and the organization right for signing the guy if/when he is banned from the league. Enough chances. Good riddance.

That's one thing you can't say about Parcells. This garbage would never enter the team building when he was here.
Some fans care more about how they look, than winning. I'm sure the Rams are loaded with choir boys (they suck) but they're good people. :D