Adam Pacman Jones in a fight lastnight w/personal security...see Post #19

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2320457 said:
Great. Go read it to Boysboy and talk loud when you get the part where it's confirmed he was involved in the incident by the officer on scene.

First of all, Boysboy isn't disputing that Jones was involved. He seems to be pointing out just that the police spokesman called it a "verbal argument."

Also, the article never states that the deputy chief (Vince Golbeck) was at the scene. It says he's the commander of the division that responded to the call. And the DMN article seems to make it clear that Golbeck was NOT among the officers on the scene.

crazytown41

Reaction score
How in the world do you put yourself into these situations after you were just reinstated less than 2 months ago??

I guess Deion's preaching ain't working.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2320464 said:
First of all, Boysboy isn't disputing that Jones was involved. He seems to be pointing out just that the police spokesman called it a "verbal argument."

Also, the article never states that the deputy chief (Vince Golbeck) was at the scene. It says he's the commander of the division that responded to the call. And the DMN article seems to make it clear that Golbeck was NOT among the officers on the scene.

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I have no idea if these are on here already.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/08/more-details-on-pacman-fight/

MORE DETAILS ON PACMAN FIGHT

Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2008, 8:24 p.m. EDT

We’ve tracked down Steve Pickett of CBS 11 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, who has been working the story of the Tuesday night fight involving Cowboys cornerback Pacman Jones, and we’ve got some more details.

The incident occurred at a hotel that was hosting a party after the local premiere of the new Max Payne movie. Jones was not an overnight guest at the hotel.

Pacman was perceived to be “clearly agitated” (and intoxicated) while outside the hotel. At one point, Jones pulled off his shirt (he had a T-shirt under it) and then went back into the building.

Hotel security broke up the bathroom fight between Jones and the bodyguard. A police officer spoke with Jones outside the hotel, but no charges were filed and no report was generated.

The Cowboys claim that they have no information about the situation, and thus the team had no comment.

The open question is whether the bodyguard was someone whom Jones had hired, or whether the bodyguard was retained by the team to shadow and/or babysit Jones. If it’s the latter, Jones might have committed an automatic violation of the Personal Conduct Policy since, technically, the bodyguard is a co-worker.

We’ve recently heard that tension has arisen between Jones and the team regarding efforts to keep him out of settings in which trouble could arise. It’s unknown whether Jones attended Tuesday night’s function with the blessing of the team, or against its wishes. Not long ago, the team reportedly barred Pacman from participating in a celebrity beach volleyball tournament.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/08/jones-scuffled-with-his-team-issued-babysitter/

JONES SCUFFLED WITH HIS TEAM-ISSUED “BABYSITTER”
Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2008, 8:56 p.m. EDT
The Dallas Cowboys had no comment about the fight involving cornerback Pacman Jones because the team had no information about the incident. Well, if the team doesn’t have information about the situation, it simply hasn’t bothered to ask for it.

Per a league source, the “bodyguard” with whom Jones fought in the bathroom of a Dallas hotel was an off-duty police officer who has been hired by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to babysit Pacman.

The source says that the problem started because the babysitter popped off to Jones’ female companion. Jones, who had been drinking, then started up with the guy, and it culminated in a scuffle.

Jones, we’re told, had marks on his face at practice on Wednesday.

It remains to be seen whether the Cowboys or the league will take any action about the situation.
------------------------------------------------------

So if this is true he had a chance to walk away.

And if this is true someone on the team had to notice marks on his face.

And now we are hearing it was a hotel party? Now try and explain to me that this is a place where Pacman Jones should be showing up at instead of watching the movie and then going home.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2320464 said:

And it also says that the details of the incident were confrmed to the DMN by Golbeck. So the AP is worthless IMO.

All the relative info is coming from the DMN article.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If no FORMAL police report is filed, then what anyone says is suspect. And nothing can be really proven.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2320470 said:
And it also says that the details of the incident were confrmed to the DMN by Golbeck. So the AP is worthless IMO.

Why would the AP article be worthless just because it says details were confirmed to the DMN by Goldbeck? It has other information that the DMN article doesn't have.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
According to Randy Galloway, it's no secret around the Dallas area that he's out almost every night drinking and the "watchful babysitter" routine is laughable.

Is anybody else aware of this? I swear to God I thought he really was home at night outside of going to dinner or an event and I'm usually not that naive when it comes to players...or maybe I am.

Spectre

Reaction score
Clove;2320460 said:
Some fans care more about how they look, than winning. I'm sure the Rams are loaded with choir boys (they suck) but they're good people. :D
Yea because incarcerated, suspended, released and/or banned NFL players win lots of football games.:rolleyes:

I don't 'feel sorry for Jerry Jones' nor do I feel sorry for any of the fans that supported bringing him to Dallas.
Fool me once...

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Marvin Harrison is being sued by a man who says he was shot in the hand and body in April by the Indianapolis Colts star.

So Harrison is getting sued for shooting someone and nothing is said.

Jones gets into a verbal argument and its front page.

The media is hilarious.

burmafrd

Reaction score
So randy galloway says this- but have you heard anyone else say the same- and he CLAIMS everyone knows? I call BS on that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
LowTech;2320488 said:
Marvin Harrison is being sued by a man who says he was shot in the hand and body in April by the Indianapolis Colts star.

So Harrison is getting sued for shooting someone and nothing is said.

Jones gets into a verbal argument and its front page.

The media is hilarious.

The media is hilarious? What do you expect? Do you realize who you are talking about here? The guy has had more run-ins with the law than anyone on this board can count without looking them up.

Any sort of attention Jones gets for his behavior is his own fault.

Meanwhile, nobody really cares to acknowledge the fact that Marvin had articles written about him. Its just been so long now that nobody remembers they were written and because they don't remember, it must be the bias. The big bad media bias.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Being a fan of The Boys is one thing ,but come on now, he's a thug and has no respect for people trying to help him.

If he were a gint ,iggle or skin there would not be any support for him here.

Lets face it, the guys a problem.

Do you really believe that if this situation gets swept under the proverbial rug, that something like this won't happen again. Get Real.

Time to plan ahead without this bum.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
burmafrd;2320489 said:
So randy galloway says this- but have you heard anyone else say the same- and he CLAIMS everyone knows? I call BS on that.
Galloway is drunk almost every day on his show, so maybe he would know something!.:)

9needawin

Reaction score
burmafrd;2320472 said:
If no FORMAL police report is filed, then what anyone says is suspect. And nothing can be really proven.

Nothing has to be proven in order for Goodell to suspend him. No charges have to be filed.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
9needawin;2320504 said:
Nothing has to be proven in order for Goodell to suspend him. No charges have to be filed.
Exactly. Some people are talking as if Goodell is an extension of law enforcement and can only act if the police do.

I'd wager in the next couple of weeks that Pacman is gone.

And if not from this incident, he'll be involved in another. Let's face it. The guy just doesn't know how to stay out of trouble.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2320484 said:
According to Randy Galloway, it's no secret around the Dallas area that he's out almost every night drinking and the "watchful babysitter" routine is laughable.

Is anybody else aware of this? I swear to God I thought he really was home at night outside of going to dinner or an event and I'm usually not that naive when it comes to players...or maybe I am.

A family member that I went to the Skins game with told me that they saw Pac in Deep Ellum the friday or saturday (don't remember the day he said but it was that weekend) before the game and he was pretty damn wasted. I was not happy to hear that.

Reaction score
Not sure if Pacman is worth the trouble.....

He is definitely talented and will be a perfect replacement but I dont think he can avoid situations like this.

He is young, likes to party, likes hanging around the hip hop scene, and I'm sure he has ladies throwing their panties at him...

Temptation will probably get the best of him but I hope not. Hope nothing happens from this and he at least gets thru this year.

He might be a one year rental the way Deion was in Frisco but of course is NO Deion...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
How convenient that Galloway didn't mention this piece of common knowledge until now.