Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crad|e

Reaction score
The unspoken truth about AP is his workout routine. He can handle whatever workload we deem necessary for wins. He may be 30 years old but there will be very little if any dropoff in his game actually i think quite the contrary.

esloan

Reaction score
We are literally a player away from being super bowl favorites in the NFC and some of you seriously want a rookie RB and DMF in your backfield? Our running game is our identity. We don't have a chance in hell with a rookie RB. The time is now, we need AP and I'm pretty sure we are going to try to get him.

If we were going with a 5 year plan, then by all means go with a rookie RB. If we want to go for it all now, get AP.

We don't need AP. We have a great chance with a rookie RB. Not sure why you would think otherwise. Would AP be nice? Sure. If he doesn't cost a ton and draft picks. And he is in football shape. And he is still the same RB at 30 and a year removed from football.

No chance with a rookie RB? You are crazy.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
We don't need AP. We have a great chance with a rookie RB. Not sure why you would think otherwise. Would AP be nice? Sure. If he doesn't cost a ton and draft picks. And he is in football shape. And he is still the same RB at 30 and a year removed from football.

Coming off a 12-4 year where your running game was dominant and then ignorantly thinking you're going to do the same thing with a rookie this year? Why roll the dice? Your window for your vets is closing. THIS is when you go get the guy who can put your team over the top.

esloan

Reaction score
Coming off a 12-4 year where your running game was dominant and then ignorantly thinking you're going to do the same thing with a rookie this year? Why roll the dice? Your window for your vets is closing. THIS is when you go get the guy who can put your team over the top.

Because they are rolling the dice regardless. AP is 30 years old. He has not played football in a year. This isn't a for sure 100% home run, no matter which way they go. It is a gamble, regardless. But one gamble will probably cost a premium draft pick and a lot of money. The other gamble costs a draft pick but a much smaller contract.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
The unspoken truth about AP is his workout routine. He can handle whatever workload we deem necessary for wins. He may be 30 years old but there will be very little if any dropoff in his game actually i think quite the contrary.

I agree 100% By all accounts AP has never been in better shape. And if the games dictate we run him, then we run him. We leave everything on the field...thats what teams do , when trying to make the playoffs and win a Super Bowl...

How about, significantly greater chance of winning SB with AP...

Say we miss in the draft? A big Felix Jones, Trent Richardson big swing and a miss? Then what?

We know what we are getting with AP. One of the best running backs in NFL history, hungry for a chance at the playoffs and still in great great shape.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Because they are rolling the dice regardless. AP is 30 years old. He has not played football in a year. This isn't a for sure 100% home run, no matter which way they go. It is a gamble, regardless. But one gamble will probably cost a premium draft pick and a lot of money. The other gamble costs a draft pick but a much smaller contract.

I take the AP gamble every single time.

Heck, u know, you can still draft a RB. And since its such a deep draft for RB, pick one up on the 4th.....

esloan

Reaction score
I agree 100% By all accounts AP has never been in better shape. And if the games dictate we run him, then we run him. We leave everything on the field...thats what teams do , when trying to make the playoffs and win a Super Bowl...

How about, significantly greater chance of winning SB with AP...

Say we miss in the draft? A big Felix Jones, Trent Richardson big swing and a miss? Then what?

We know what we are getting with AP. One of the best running backs in NFL history, hungry for a chance at the playoffs and still in great great shape.

You don't know what we are getting with AP. He is 30 years old and a year removed from playing a single down. Is he in football shape? We don't know.

esloan

Reaction score
I take the AP gamble every single time.

Heck, u know, you can still draft a RB. And since its such a deep draft for RB, pick one up on the 4th.....

So you want to give up two draft picks for a RB now? One for AP and one for another RB later? When we need defensive help? Really?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I was thinking if Romo went down for a few games during the season. If Romo goes out for the season , yeah were done. A big reason why you wouldn't want to be counting on a rookie to pick up all the blitz packages....... Ohhh thats why we have DMF? How predictable will that become?

But a bellcow like AP, could carry the team for a few wins, if the schedule was right, during the season and keep the playoff hopes alive for when Romo could return.

And yes, we all understand the word potential. And I dont want to have to rely on seeing that "potential" become reality. AP is reality. AP is not potential.

We have 2 years in my opinion. Maybe 3, but I wouldnt bet on it. But 2 years to win a SB.

I do not want to rely on some rookie coming into the league and winning Offensive rookie of the year... or to have a season that allows this team to push for a SB. I will rely on history for that one, and say that rarely happens....:)

But, we may very well have to roll with an unproven rookie, 29 year old Darren Mcfadden Joseph Randle and practice squad guy Ryan Williams during the last 2-3 years of our Franchise QBs career.....

We paid a lot of money to a franchise QB to get nothing out of it......

I think it would be a huge mistake....

We had Demarco Murray where he was dominating in every statistical category, look it up and these are stats undeniably RB achievements, and he didn't carry us to a win when Romo went down. AP wouldn't either, like he hasn't nearly every year he's been with the Vikings outside of one year he'll never achieve again.

We will be rolling with a rookie and we won't be running him into the ground. McFadden is a role player, which he was last year in Oakland. He's great depth and will take the load off of whatever RB we draft.

And pass protection? Murray was ranked 27th in pass protection from RBs and we did just fine.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
So you want to give up two draft picks for a RB now? One for AP and one for another RB later? When we need defensive help? Really?

I dont want to give up any draft picks for AP.

And, again, the window is two years. What draft choice is coming in this year and making the defense better right now? What defensive draft choice could possibly mean more to this team, this year, when compared to upgrading the RB position for this particular team? DMF, Williams, Randle, Dunbar. Thats it. thats our backfield......................................

Now, if your building to have a great defense in 3 4 years, when we don't have a franchise QB, then .......yeah. okay....

I should say. "chances are" we dont have a franchise QB. Who knows, maybe we get one in FA..? But chances are, we wont.

esloan

Reaction score
I dont want to give up any draft picks for AP.

And, again, the window is two years. What draft choice is coming in this year and making the defense better right now? What defensive draft choice could possibly mean more to this team, this year, when compared to upgrading the RB position for this particular team? DMF, Williams, Randle, Dunbar. Thats it. thats our backfield......................................

Now, if your building to have a great defense in 3 4 years, when we don't have a franchise QB, then .......yeah. okay....

I should say. "chances are" we dont have a franchise QB. Who knows, maybe we get one in FA..? But chances are, we wont.

You will have to give up a draft pick for AP. Minnesota isn't giving him up for the hell of it. They will want something. I think there are plenty of rookies that can come in and really help this defense. It isn't like we are stacked in all areas on the defense. We are hurting in multiple areas. Defensive line, corner, safety, linebacker. All can be upgraded and a good rookie can be an immediate upgrade in any of those positions.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If you trade for Peterson, you're giving up at least two draft picks and taking on a contract you'll need to restructure. If we wait until release, Peterson and his arrogant agent will want something that is close to what Lynch got with his deal in Seattle. That means we'll be paying close to $24 million to a 30 year old RB, and people want to talk about a gamble with a rookie RB?

esloan

Reaction score
If you trade for Peterson, you're giving up at least two draft picks and taking on a contract you'll need to restructure. If we wait until release, Peterson and his arrogant agent will want something that is close to what Lynch got with his deal in Seattle. That means we'll be paying close to $24 million to a 30 year old RB, and people want to talk about a gamble with a rookie RB?

Well said.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
We had Demarco Murray where he was dominating in every statistical category, look it up and these are stats undeniably RB achievements, and he didn't carry us to a win when Romo went down. AP wouldn't either, like he hasn't nearly every year he's been with the Vikings outside of one year he'll never achieve again.

We will be rolling with a rookie and we won't be running him into the ground. McFadden is a role player, which he was last year in Oakland. He's great depth and will take the load off of whatever RB we draft.

And pass protection? Murray was ranked 27th in pass protection from RBs and we did just fine.

So what your saying is, just because we didn't win the one game Romo was out against the AZ Cardinals who was playing great football at the time, we shouldn't even bother to try and win other games that Romo might be out of ?

AP is better then any other option available to us. Draft or FAs..

We should be on a Super Bowl Run for 2-3 years.....

Thats all there really is to know,,,,, If he is available, we sign him. we trade for him. we pay him.

dguinta1

Reaction score
Speculation On Cowboys Acquiring Adrian Peterson Is This Year's Zombie Rumor
It just refuses to die.

It seems that every year there is one persistent rumor about the Dallas Cowboys that emerges. It becomes impossible to kill, shambling out of the shadows every time you think it has finally been vanquished. No matter how overwhelming the evidence is that it is not something that is going to happen, it just keeps coming back, devouring the brains of fans who refuse to see the light.

http://trove.com/a/Speculation-On-C...m_medium=twitter&utm_source=sns&ts=1428281060

Crad|e

Reaction score
Yes AP would be great here.. but what does Minny want in compensation? Whoever said any pick other than a top 100 is where Im comfortable.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Again, where do you got that number from? The 14 mil? And again, can you please show me one reliable insider or beat writer who agrees with you that there is no money left? I doubt you'll find one considering they've been reporting the exact opposite.

Like I said, the number I gave you is official, as of today. 12.6 mil. with 72 players under contract.

Over the Cap has us at 14.2m and Spotrac has us at 14.6m

Neither has anything on McClain yet and they are both counting Hardy at 3.2m

Hardy WILL count another 580k per game which gets paid for and added to the cap weekly after Week 2. They need to keep another 8m available for Hardy's contract.

Add the 8m for Hardy, the 3m for McClain and 2m for the draft and that equals 13m. That would only leave a 1-2m cushion.

If they want to add Peterson they need to create a lot more space.

They can get 3m if the restructure Witten
They can get 4m if they restructure or pay cut Carr
They can get 8m if they May 12th cut Carr
They can get 5-7m if they extend Dez long term
They can get 3m if they cut Dunbar and CJones

burmafrd

Reaction score

you act like having a year off is a big deal for a RB. Why is that? Really?

burmafrd

Reaction score

talking out of your rear end as regards two picks. Or frankly anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.