Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Really? Is it so slow and boring right now that guys are looking in threads to find a reason to complain about where a post is made. Just don't click on the threads , what difference does it make ..

#hallmonitors #mallcops

You, telling me, that I complain?

#lolololololololololololol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AP once said he wanted to play for Dallas great if he gets released and plays at a cheap price then great if not then no go. He is a 30 year old back you don't give up picks for old guys period. Moves like that is why so many have blasted jerry over the years now all of a sudden we should give up a pick? lol

Oh but the window is closing. No wait, our QB only has 2-3 years left. No, we're in win now mode. Hell just pick one and go with it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh but the window is closing. No wait, our QB only has 2-3 years left. No, we're in win now mode. Hell just pick one and go with it.

Dallas can close the window on themselves by making foolish moves. I know people will claim the window in all about Romo, I don't think so I think players have a window I think organization who plan wisely keep the window open

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I just don't think it's going to happen. I really don't. There are going to be some upset fans when Dallas does nothing to get AP and quietly drafts a RB high in the draft.

It would be foolish to give up significant draft picks for a RB as old as AP with as many miles as he has on him... rare athlete or not.

Now if Minny wanted to let him go for a 3rd or something, then maybe that's different... but they won't let him go for anywhere near that cheap, IMO.

Dallas of 8 or 10 years ago would have already made the trade. The current Dallas Cowboys aren't doing business like that any more, and I think they're proud that they don't.

I know I'm glad they don't.

I won't be upset a little disappointed but I will be upset if they don't bring a top four RB in this draft or AP. gurley, Gordon, Coleman, or AP forget top four lets just say to three.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
For all the folks saying to forget Peterson and "please don't do it"..................take a look at our current RB core and tell me this group is going to put up almost 2000

McFadden........Raider castoff, over the last 3 seasons has the second lowest yards per carry in the NFL, just slightly better than Trent Richardson.
Randle..............Underwear thief and saw very limited action last season. Broaddus on Talkin Cowboys said yesterday the coaches simply don't trust him.
Dunbar.............Used as a change up scat back but with very limited use, maybe only 1 or 2 touches per game.
Williams............Practice squad guy that never cracked the 52 man roster, rumors he turned down other teams but never verified, weakness is pass protection.

That's all we got folks, that's it...........with Gurley and Gordon both most likely gone by 27, we are looking at a day 2 or day 3 RB being added to this core. The idea that this core with a day 2 or day 3 rookie running back is going to "go committee" for almost 2000 yards is almost laughable. And posters cant understand why so many want Peterson after looking at what we currently have in the cupboard.

The idea is to pair an elite offensive line with an elite RB, not build an elite offensive line and let a bunch of jags run behind it.......................that's my .02

Actually no, there is a good chance that either Gurley or Gordon falls to 27.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I won't be upset a little disappointed but I will be upset if they don't bring a top four RB in this draft or AP. gurley, Gordon, Coleman, or AP forget top four lets just say to three.

Well, if they don't draft a back that I feel can come in and really help, I will be upset with you.

I just think they will. They have been bringing in RB's left and right... I think they know they need to get a lead dog at RB.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I just don't think it's going to happen. I really don't. There are going to be some upset fans when Dallas does nothing to get AP and quietly drafts a RB high in the draft.

It would be foolish to give up significant draft picks for a RB as old as AP with as many miles as he has on him... rare athlete or not.

Now if Minny wanted to let him go for a 3rd or something, then maybe that's different... but they won't let him go for anywhere near that cheap, IMO.

Dallas of 8 or 10 years ago would have already made the trade. The current Dallas Cowboys aren't doing business like that any more, and I think they're proud that they don't.

I know I'm glad they don't.

I understand this train of thought. We were making bad decisions and picking the wrong guys. It hurt and continues to(Austin); But, one way or another, you're going to pay for talent. If you want to make a legitimate SB run.

Being frugal, doesn't mean you don't take a shot, when, one of the best running backs ever to play the game says, "I want to play for the Cowboys"..... and for icing on the top, we have a window of 3 years in that scenario. What other addition, via FA or the draft, could make a bigger impact on the goal of winning the Super Bowl? You better believe the FO is , at least, mulling that over......

And considering what "I" think Adrian Peterson would do for this team, whats the difference between a 3rd rounder and a First?

Because AR(After Romo), is like achieving singularity....:):) no one knows what that looks like...:)

I actually think AZ,Balt, or someone else, offers a first rounder. I am hoping not, but I think thats what is going to happen. My worst fear is seeing AP in AZ, in the playoffs next year, running all over are rookie DTs....

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Well, if they don't draft a back that I feel can come in and really help, I will be upset with you.

I just think they will. They have been bringing in RB's left and right... I think they know they need to get a lead dog at RB.

I agree with that way to successful to run out there with three broken wheels and a scat back.

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
Dallas can close the window on themselves by making foolish moves. I know people will claim the window in all about Romo, I don't think so I think players have a window I think organization who plan wisely keep the window open

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees. When Romo retires, the window is officially closed (see Troy Aikman). You can have the greatest offensive line of all time but it won't matter too much without an elite QB to run the show.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I understand this train of thought. We were making bad decisions and picking the wrong guys. It hurt and continues to(Austin); But, one way or another, you're going to pay for talent. If you want to make a legitimate SB run.

Being frugal, doesn't mean you don't take a shot, when, one of the best running backs ever to play the game says, "I want to play for the Cowboys"..... and for icing on the top, we have a window of 3 years in that scenario. What other addition, via FA or the draft, could make a bigger impact on the goal of winning the Super Bowl? You better believe the FO is , at least, mulling that over......

And considering what "I" think Adrian Peterson would do for this team, whats the difference between a 3rd rounder and a First?

Because AR(After Romo), is like achieving singularity....:):) no one knows what that looks like...:)

I actually think AZ,Balt, or someone else, offers a first rounder. I am hoping not, but I think thats what is going to happen. My worst fear is seeing AP in AZ, in the playoffs next year, running all over are rookie DTs....

Well, I love the talent, that's for sure. It is the age and high draft pick that makes me want to just draft a RB.

If AP ends up in Dallas I'll pull for him all the way and I will hope like hell that he defies the age barrier for RB's... Just like I'm sure you'll pull for a rookie RB if that's what happens in Dallas.

It is all good. We are all Cowboy fans after all.

erod

Reaction score
It took Peterson 7-8 weeks before he lit the league on fire, so around the time frame it usually takes for RBs to return to form. Jamaal Charles also came back and had a big year after an ACL tear.

Again, with absolutely no quarterback. Imagine him with Romo, this line, Dez, and Witten.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Well, I love the talent, that's for sure. It is the age and high draft pick that makes me want to just draft a RB.

If AP ends up in Dallas I'll pull for him all the way and I will hope like hell that he defies the age barrier for RB's... Just like I'm sure you'll pull for a rookie RB if that's what happens in Dallas.

And I will. I'll put it to rest and watch the rookie.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Still hearing jabber about AP possibly becoming a Cowboy on the official website. So I'm not giving up hope. I expect something to happen by draft day.

erod

Reaction score
There could be a problem because Minnesota wants desperately to avoid trading AP here.

1. The Hail Mary

2. The Herschel Walker trade

3. Dallas stole their hockey team

The Colts or Arizona would be their first choice, although Peterson could refuse to renegotiate with those teams.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I like AP and what he has to offer....but, the Cowboys should just stay with the youth movement that they have started.
If AP really wants to play for the Cowboys, he really needs to find a way out of Minny somehow and if he does, he really needs to come down on his price to play for the team he says he wants to play for.

If he wants big money he should talk to the Washington team.

erod

Reaction score
Prediction: Peterson will be here....and so will Manziel after Cleveland releases him.

We'll have a woman beater, a child abuser, a drunk-driving killer, and Johnny Rehab.

Grab your butt cheeks, folks. It's going to be a media field day.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again, with absolutely no quarterback. Imagine him with Romo, this line, Dez, and Witten.

...nearly 3 years ago. That's like 10 years in RB years. Can we stop focusing on one year? He's not getting 2,000 yards again.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
There could be a problem because Minnesota wants desperately to avoid trading AP here.

1. The Hail Mary

2. The Herschel Walker trade

3. Dallas stole their hockey team

The Colts or Arizona would be their first choice, although Peterson could refuse to renegotiate with those teams.

Tony Dorsetts 99 yard run! Although I think we lost that game...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They only have to hold on to him for 1 more year and he'll be 31. No team is gonna pay big bucks for a 31 yr. old RB.

And most certainly no team is trading anything for him or that contract then, right? So the Vikings get one more year, win nothing, and then release Peterson for absolutely nothing next year. Does that make any sense to you?

In the end, I think the boys
will just draft a young RB with fresh legs and move on.

And risk the 2015 season on a rookie being able to fill the void left by Murray? A big risk to me.

Arizona might likely trade for him and give significant picks. Vikings are not going to do
anything with AP if they don't get picks and lots of them.

And Peterson won't agree to a new contract from a team he doesn't want to play for. And as has been stated countless times, nobody is trading for that ridiculous contract, much less a player who won't show up to the team that trades for him either.

Who wants to sign on for that headache?

Status
Not open for further replies.