Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea if he can. We haven't seen him play since September of last year.

lol. So Adrian Peterson is washed up? I don't need to see the man play since last September, he's "F"ing Adrian Peterson. He's earned his credibility as RB the hard way. You are just being disrespectful to him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That is an assumption that he will be as good as ever, he has had his own history of injuries and he is getting older this in my view is not a good formula for success giving up pick or picks to get an older player because in 2012 he rushed for over 2,000 yards that was 3 years ago. If Minn releases him and he wants to come to Dallas to finish his career on a low end deal as was speculated at the start of all this talk then fine I'm on board but we have gone from talking hometown boy on a hometown discount playing for his favorite team to now giving up picks and paying out big money. If Dallas was going to pay out big money then they may as well have resigned Murray

History of injury? Really? And what is this history? All I can think of was that torn ACL that he healed from in record speed. Did it hobble him the next season? Yeah, if you think rushing for over 2K yards is being hobbled. Everyone is getting older so stop using that lame excuse without data specific to that individual to back it up. Be respectful to the greatest RB of the current active field. He has earned not being lowballed by penny pinchers like you.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
lol. So Adrian Peterson is washed up? I don't need to see the man play since last September, he's "F"ing Adrian Peterson. He's earned his credibility as RB the hard way. You are just being disrespectful to him.

No, I'm being smart. You don't pay players for something they did nearly 3 years ago. If he came in on a cheap one year contract, fine. But he's not going to. We either give up draft picks and take on a big contract that we'd have to rework or we sign him to a two year deal in a market that Lynch just set. That's not smart management and I'm glad it's not going t happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's simply someone who lacks the ability to see past their own opinion.

Everything he believes is fact, while everyone else is either speculating or wrong.

Narrow-minded at best.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And you have no idea if a rookie can come in and succeed.

But a rookie is young, cheap, and loaded with potential.

Which is more of a risk? Giving up picks and taking on a big contract of a 30 year old RB or drafting a rookie on a cheap contract for 4 years?

Think about it for a bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I'm being smart. You don't pay players for something they did nearly 3 years ago. If he came in on a cheap one year contract, fine. But he's not going to. We either give up draft picks and take on a big contract that we'd have to rework or we sign him to a two year deal in a market that Lynch just set. That's not smart management and I'm glad it's not going t happen.

Reality check:

You think it's not going to happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just like Julius and Felix Jones were...

Which is more of a risk? Giving up picks and taking on a big contract of a 30 year old RB or drafting a rookie on a cheap contract for 4 years?

What's more of a risk, a known commodity or an unknown one?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Okay, smart man. :lmao2:

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Yes he was he is now 30 years old at the end of his career and to give up picks to get him is living off the past. There is good young talent in this draft at RB Dallas does not need to mortgage the future for an old player.

Or realize the Cowboys have a legit shot at winning it all this year and capitalizing. You can't predict the future. One or two picks aren't going to change the entire direction of our organization. Ask the Browns how those 1st round talent RB's work out (Richardson) or the Giants (Wilson) or the Bucs (Martin) Saints (Ingram)... see where i'm going here?

Dallas NEEDS a RB immediately and I would rather have AP than rolling the dice in the draft. When Romo is done who knows where we will be. Are we going to save draft picks for 3-13 team and regret not going for it all when we had the perfect opportunity?

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Everything he believes is fact, while everyone else is either speculating or wrong.

Narrow-minded at best.

Really? Says you and others who won't even consider Peterson may come here and NOT look like he did in 2012 and earlier.

I'm the one who is narrow-minded? Please.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
History of injury? Really? And what is this history? All I can think of was that torn ACL that he healed from in record speed. Did it hobble him the next season? Yeah, if you think rushing for over 2K yards is being hobbled. Everyone is getting older so stop using that lame excuse without data specific to that individual to back it up. Be respectful to the greatest RB of the current active field. He has earned not being lowballed by penny pinchers like you.

It is not a lame excuse it is a reality just as it was a reality for ES and every other back who has played in the NFL. To act as if it does not apply to Peterson is naïve and stupid. He is a human yes he rushed for 2,000 play and the following season 1,200 yards that is a big drop off and was injured. As for what he has earned? he got him money from Minn more than maybe he should have according to most around here even AP supporters have said what Minn paid him was ridicules but he got it. As for Dallas it is not about pinching pennies it is about allocating money to top players like Tyron Smith and hopefully to guys like Frederick and Martin as well as Dez and other players whom we may want to keep in the future so that we don't end up as some 1 year wonder like a Tampa Bay, 1 run it is over and done and back to being a bottom feeding team.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Narrow-minded at best.

We can say the same about you and your opinion. AP could come out and have a very good year but I don't think giving up top 4 picks or paying out big money to a RB at 30 is a wise move. You talk of others having a narrow view but how is your any different. If we don't agree then it is all of a sudden it is a narrow view of things?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? Says you and others who won't even consider Peterson may come here and NOT look like he did in 2012 and earlier.

Unlike you, I'm not guaranteeing anything, either way. But I have a body of work to back up my position while you've got opinion stated as fact.

I'm the one who is narrow-minded? Please.

Yeah, you're the one whose every opinion is stated as fact while everything anyone else says is disregarded.

Grow up. You keep going like this and you're not likely to last too long around here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Just like Julius and Felix Jones were...

What's more of a risk, a known commodity or an unknown one?

A "known commodity" that is 30 years old, hasn't played in a year.

And you bring up bust draft picks. You can do that for EVERY position. Looks like we shouldn't even draft players anymore.

Hear that, guys? We might as well give up our draft picks for "known commodities".

LittleD

Reaction score

Narrow-minded at best.

Take it easy... We can see beyond our own opinion and there are several of us who just don't share yours
that the Boys should mortgage the farm to obtain an older player when so many good RB's are available this year.
Cowboy's management may well follow your ideas because they did so with Hardy. They seem to just love
players with anger management issues. IMVHO it will be a staggering miscalculation if the front office
scraps the draft to get this player.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

You keep leaving out the REAL possibility that he will play for a lot less than that contract if he goes to Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can say the same about you and your opinion. AP could come out and have a very good year but I don't think giving up top 4 picks or paying out big money to a RB at 30 is a wise move. You talk of others having a narrow view but how is your any different. If we don't agree then it is all of a sudden it is a narrow view of things?

Not at all. Just give the other side the same respect you're asking for yourself. And don't mistake your opinion for fact. And make an effort to support your position with facts.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Reality check:

You think it's not going to happen.

Seeing as how Peterson is still with the Vikings, there is absolutely no reliable source saying we are in contention for Peterson, and we seem to like quite a few RBs in this draft; I'll go out on a limb and say we'll never see Peterson in a Cowboys' uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.