News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Unless your team makes it to the SB, the league has tried before to have no week between the championship and SB. For players, no time to get ready not to mention family and friend being able to attend the game. I'm sorry about what took place with the Hamlin but the players who make it to the show should not be punished because of it. What you propose is great for Cinn and Buffalo not so much for the rest of the teams
Add an extra week to the season?
Have the game made up and the SB bye week?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If it's Buffalo-KC then I say play it in Indianapolis where even weather won't be a factor. Cincinnati is close to Indy, though, so if it's them it won't be very neutral.
Since when is the "weather not being a factor" a good thing? Football is meant to be an outdoor sport played in the elements no matter what those elements are. It's a neutral factor because both teams are dealing with the same conditions. This era of indoor football is just another layer of the wussification of the sport.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Not really. The (now) Commanders won a Super Bowl in a season that had a 9 week schedule and 16 playoff teams. They won another in a season with a 15 week schedule, including three games played by replacements. No one talks about either of them as having historical asterisks.

Um, people talk the strike shortened title all the time. The R edskins having 2.5 titles is a joke going back three decades now.

Flamma

Reaction score
Seems like they don't care about the fans at all.
They're just an afterthought.

Yes and no. They care that they have fans. Let's just leave it at that. Think of season ticket holders that might get upset. As an owner, why should I give a damn? Don't buy season tickets, someone else will.

Or if the game gets moved to another stadium. What do I care as an owner? I only care that the stadium is filled, I don't care who fills it. As long as someone is paying for the seats. I'm good.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I get it.

I know this is totally irrelevant in the big scheme of things, but this cost me two Yahoo Fantasy Football championships,
They list all Bengals and Bills players as being on bye and my teams had a bunch of their guys.
In one league, I lost by 4.5 points anyway and had Josh Allen as QB...ouch. In the other had 3 players starting from those teams and was a big favorite.

Oh well...like I said. It's relatively meaningless.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yes and no. They care that they have fans. Let's just leave it at that. Think of season ticket holders that might get upset. As an owner, why should I give a damn? Don't buy season tickets, someone else will.

Or if the game gets moved to another stadium. What do I care as an owner? I only care that the stadium is filled, I don't care who fills it. As long as someone is paying for the seats. I'm good.
So you're saying it all about the money?

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
A neutral site is the only fair thing to do. That way KC doesn't automatically get home field advantage throughout the playoffs due to Monday's game cancellation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s unfortunate Buffalo won’t be able to retain the home field advantage which could have been a tremendous advantage in Championship game .

They had earned it all season and by defeating the Chiefs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
1. Not Cowboys news

2. This league is a joke

I'm telling you now, there will be a thousand rule changes over a single rare incident and fans in their emotions will allow owners to take advantage of it. This is why I will never give another cent to the NFL - find sites to watch their games illegally and stop giving owners your hard earned money.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Since when is the "weather not being a factor" a good thing? Football is meant to be an outdoor sport played in the elements no matter what those elements are. It's a neutral factor because both teams are dealing with the same conditions. This era of indoor football is just another layer of the wussification of the sport.
Outdoor sport does not mean that people should have to play in temps or conditions that are not normal. I think its stupid to play the home game for example (Miami vs New England) when the weather is the worst (Hot in Miami, cold in New England). That is just stupid for the fans and for the players themselves who have to endure those conditions!

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The NFL already has a policy on the books for cancelled games.

That policy should be followed.

Policies shouldn’t be changed on the fly during the season.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Hopefully the NFL has learned the next time this happens , and it will to some extent, that the games must go on after a delay of some kind.
They would have caught holy hades had they played the game, even after some delay.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Outdoor sport does not mean that people should have to play in temps or conditions that are not normal. I think its stupid to play the home game for example (Miami vs New England) when the weather is the worst (Hot in Miami, cold in New England). That is just stupid for the fans and for the players themselves who have to endure those conditions!

Some of the best games in NFL history have been played in the worst conditions. The most memorable too. This is exactly what separates football from other sports.

Gosh I can't wait for a time when offenses are scoring 100 points a game due to neutered defenses in cozy stadiums because toesies getting cold is too much for a player.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
It’s unfortunate Buffalo won’t be able to retain the home field advantage which could have been a tremendous advantage in Championship game .

They had earned it all season and by defeating the Chiefs.

If KC loses to Raiders (Unlikely) & Buffalo beats NE, an AFC title game between KC-Buf would be in Buffalo.

All in all, the top three teams in the AFC are impacted negatively in some way by this cancelation.