All I want for Christmas is an Elite QB

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
The Cowboys are a mediocre football franchise. And have been for about 25 years.

We all are supporting mediocrity with our continued support of Jerry.

I think I see our situation very clearly. I’m not sure about those who have hope it’s going to change with Jerry?
Such flawed logic. In order for one to be a Cowboys fan, we must support Jerry & the mediocrity that comes with it?

You’re disguising your support for Garrett as essentially some type of sports-fan nihilism. Nothing will ever get better under Jerry, so you accept the outcome that nothing really matters. That’s not a good way of looking at it.

You actually think Garrett is still the best option after so many years of mediocrity? Why NOT give someone else a chance? What’s the worst that can happen? Go 8-8 & miss the playoffs? We’ve got nothing to lose lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s a very flawed logic

Such flawed logic. In order for one to be a Cowboys fan, we must support Jerry & the mediocrity that comes with it?

You’re disguising your support for Garrett as essentially some type of sports-fan nihilism. Nothing will ever get better under Jerry, so you accept the outcome that nothing really matters. That’s not a good way of looking at it.

You actually think Garrett is still the best option after so many years of mediocrity? Why NOT give someone else a chance? What’s the worst that can happen? Go 8-8 & miss the playoffs? We’ve got nothing to lose lol.
My support of Garrett revolves around the notion our options are limited . He’s been the best Puppet we’ve had. And yes, I’ve accepted the handicaps, obstacles and hurdles Jerry’s ways presents.

And we do have something to lose. It’s been worse. These last few years have been best this generation. I have given up hope Jerry will get the hell out of the way. I’m not sure why some fans have hope it will change after the last 25 years? Next Puppet up!!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Rather have a defense that can stop someone when it matters.
Every QB he listed had this. And many he didn't list. Super Bowl teams more typically have an opportunistic defense which can make plays when it counts

Hadenough

Reaction score
We have one of the best OL, best RB’s and WR’s. All we need is a QB to match their talent level.

It’s very difficult winning in this league without an Elite QB. And when I say winning I mean against the better teams including in the playoffs.

I just don’t see how we could have built a better supporting cast around him.

The Rookie contract is over. I’d love to keep him as our backup. We finally found one we can win some games with but not any championships.

Merry Christmas
I just heard where they cant afford to pay Amari. I'm getting worried they are gonna sign this clown.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
My support of Garrett revolves around the notion our options are limited . He’s been the best Puppet we’ve had. And yes, I’ve accepted the handicaps, obstacles and hurdles Jerry’s ways presents.

And we do have something to lose . It’s been worse. And I have given up hope Jerry will get the hell out of the way. I’m not sure why some fans have hope it will change after the last 25 years?
You’re just a bag full of contradictions and logical fallacies. Garrett has had the best post-Aikman teams and has done nothing with it. At least coaches post-Switzer had the excuse of having absolutely terrible teams. Your obsession with Carrot is disturbing. Can’t wait for your excuses once we start winning with a different coaching staff.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’re just a bag full of contradictions and logical fallacies. Garrett has had the best post-Aikman teams and has done nothing with it. At least coaches post-Switzer had the excuse of having absolutely terrible teams. Your obsession with Carrot is disturbing. Can’t wait for your excuses once we start winning with a different coaching staff.
While I’d agree he’s had some of the best post 90’s eras team Id argue it hasn’t been a championship caliber.

I’ve gone to bat for Garrett mainly because he’s done a good job considering he should have never been hired nor retained which tells us more about Jerry. His greatest asset despite his coaching flaws has been his influence in building a better team and culture since he took over.

The fact we haven’t had more success isn’t all on him. I’d also argue this talent is over hyped . We haven’t had a HOF caliber QB or Elite defense. Tough to win a championship without at least one of those.

I think we’ve finished about where we should have on the most part. My support of Garrett doesn’t revolve around his coaching ability.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
We have one of the best OL, best RB’s and WR’s. All we need is a QB to match their talent level.

It’s very difficult winning in this league without an Elite QB. And when I say winning I mean against the better teams including in the playoffs.

The Rookie contract is over. I’d love to keep him as our backup. We finally found one we can win some games with but not any championships.

Merry Christmas

Are you sure about the Offensive Line? I'm losing confidence. Not sure the WR group is "one of the best" either, although certainly above average.

I do agree about the QB position. Dak is good, but certainly not elite. The problem is truly elite QB's are few and far between. Dak would be an upgrade for many teams. He's proven capable of playing a great game, when everything is going right. I fear he will play just well enough to keep his job, but never well enough to win a championship. Basically the Jason Garret of the QB position. I'm convinced he will be signed to a big contract though. Hopefully this will not trap the team in mediocrity for the duration.

... I’d also argue this talent is over hyped . We haven’t had a HOF caliber QB or Elite defense. Tough to win a championship without at least one of those.

This I believe 100%

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Why are you so happy to have a future of mediocracy ? Your football knowledge ranks right up there with Jerry.

Well Kid Rock, your opinion on this subject means nothing.

You stated that there was nothing Dak could do to make you stop hating him.

So let's cut the football knowledge crap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree that we are dysfunctional at the top but it is what it is...........
It is and why my hope is very limited.

But It amazes me that Dak is applauded for his winning ways last 4 years but Garrett is getting fired for it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
39-24 as a starter, you JOKE.
:lmao2:

The only Joke here is you and your unwarranted Dak-crush!
Pay must be good these days working for the Campbell's Chunky soup man's PR dept.
Nav 22 you will crash and burn here along with your Boss come the Spring.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Elite as in can never play with a bad shoulder or have a bad game, and has to complete 70% of his passes for an entire season. Let's see prime Aikman on this team without Norv Turner, no elite defense to get turnovers giving his offense great field position, no Emmitt Smith to give him managebale 3rd downs instead of 3rd and long. And oh ya, no Michael Irvin who shows up on the road unlike Cooper who regulary gets taken out of the game with single CB coverage with no help.
Lol, what an idiotic post.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elite as in can never play with a bad shoulder or have a bad game, and has to complete 70% of his passes for an entire season. Let's see prime Aikman on this team without Norv Turner, no elite defense to get turnovers giving his offense great field position, no Emmitt Smith to give him managebale 3rd downs instead of 3rd and long. And oh ya, no Michael Irvin who shows up on the road unlike Cooper who regulary gets taken out of the game with single CB coverage with no help.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I'd settle for a top 8 QB. We don't even need elite.

If we had a top 8 QB (top 1/4 of the league) we wouldn't have lost 3 games where the defense allowed 17 or less and we scored in the single digits

That's the difference between 7-8 and 10-5 right now.

If you're demanding to be paid top QB money, then having less than 10 points in 20% of your starts isn't a good bargaining chip

Especially when he had 40-50 attempts in those games. A bad game once in a while, sure. A terrible game once every 3-4 starts?

Not acceptable. Time to move on

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

Merry Christmas
but wont you miss all his national tv commercials?
Geez today I saw the new sleepnumber ad. How many national commercials has Dak had? 15? Dude has his agent working OT and takes every offer. Its almost as if he wonders if does have a lucrative playing future. He has the most disproportianate amount of advertising exposure I have ever seen in my 48 years of watching sports.

Nexx

Reaction score
I dont need Elite. I would just like one that can hit a WR in stride with consistency which leads to more big pass plays, first downs and TD's. I would like one that would miss WIDE open receivers less frequently. I would like that one that has a bit more pocket awareness. I would like one that isnt so infatuated in proving he is a throwing QB that he doesn't run when its wide open instead of forcing a pass. Not sure if you can fix the first three because that's been Dak his entire QB career in college and in the pros.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Merry Christmas

Like so many Cowboys fans all you see is the offense. Reminds me of my grandma when she watched games.

Worst special teams in football, middling defense - haven't had an "elite" one in ages - but somehow a QB who ended up with two 1,000 yard receivers is the only thing holding back this team. :muttley: