All we have is hope

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
At this point I will fade a bit because if I have nothing good to say I tend to remain silent for a while.
This season left me sadder than a pup watching their moms die, and I mean that deeply , what a dagger to the heart season this was.
So Im packing up for deep fishing excursions for the next few months, will try and stay in touch with this board as much as I can when I can, this is my true Cowboys connection, has always been it seems.

CCBoy

Reaction score
At this point I will fade a bit because if I have nothing good to say I tend to remain silent for a while.
This season left me sadder than a pup watching their moms die, and I mean that deeply , what a dagger to the heart season this was.
So Im packing up for deep fishing excursions for the next few months, will try and stay in touch with this board as much as I can when I can, this is my true Cowboys connection, has always been it seems.
I'll walk the desert with you, buddy... :starspin: :thumbup:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Nick Eatman: I don't think that's accurate, to be honest. If you look at the last three first-round picks, all of them have been from the "inside" as you called it. Last year, they picked Mazi Smith, the first defensive tackle selected in the first round in over 30 years. Whether or not it worked out, doesn't mean they didn't try to strengthen that inside. The year before, they took Tyler Smith in the first round to play guard at first and eventually tackle. We'll see if he ever moves out to tackle. But that's another inside move and then with Micah Parsons in 2021, he was drafted as a linebacker, and someone who could potentially play in the middle. It was Week 2 of the season when they decided to move him to the outside and they found something special. Now that's just three first-round picks, but from the building sense, I think the Cowboys have always thought it was important to strengthen the O-line and the D-line. It just doesn't always work the way you want it, or they want it. But I'll say this, the Cowboys need to keep going to the well. Back to the O-line and D-line again in the draft is something I would do.

And the dilemma at defensive tackle is less than most, after seeing the progress Osa Odighizuwa and the other 3-techs are making; the "bigger" issue being the situation at nose tackle behind Johnathan Hankins, who is a free agent this coming March.

The Cowboys put a lot of stock in trying to resolve the issue at linebacker — e.g., using a first-round pick on Leighton Vander Esch, a Day 2 pick on Jabril Cox; then Damone Clark, and on DeMarvion Overshown, etc. — but it's just not worked out for the long-term quite yet.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good luck with the fishing. Fair weather and full limits!

Mannix

Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

After bold above happens, it's gonna only get worse with Chuckles in charge.

Steve007

Reaction score

A lot of people are going to be supprised that nothing much will change when Jerry is gone. Stephen has been running the cowboys for a few years.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And you have zero idea whether he will or not hire a real GM.

actually we do,

if he had wanted one, there would at least be talk about it or it would have been leaked. so far nothing. and DAllas is a media franchise long before its about winning.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
actually we do,

if he had wanted one, there would at least be talk about it or it would have been leaked. so far nothing. and DAllas is a media franchise long before its about winning.
You said you were ignoring me yet you keep on posting me. You OK?

CCBoy

Reaction score
No. multiple people have the same opinion. In fact it could get worse.
Well now, that, settles it....

Two moose looking at each other in the snow.