Twitter: Amari Cooper Highest Percentage of Dropped Passes In 2019

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He drops passes. It's obvious he doesn't have the best hands.

He's also explosive and finds pay dirt so i'll ignore those drops.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He drops passes. It's obvious he doesn't have the best hands.

He's also explosive and finds pay dirt so i'll ignore those drops.

Silly to think this way when it's not just drops that are his problem....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What are his problems? Not sure I see much wrong with his game outside of catching in traffic.

I mentioned it in my OP, he ghosts for stretches at a time. Heck, he did it last year for us, ending the regular season with few catches and low yards. Two of the games we really could have used him in. So, it's really not much of a surprise that the game we needed him in most this season, he came up with 0 TDs and less than 50 yards receiving.

quickccc

Reaction score
funny how that drop ball rap was on Cooper when he was in Oakland, but last year he rarely dropped a ball upon arrival,.. but he's dropped several balls since the season opened.
but even Terrell owens and his drops,.... Randy Moss, Tim Brown, ...heck even if it's OJ beckham and his drops, ..., AJ Green, Davante Adams, etc. etc. you have to keep driving the ball to your prime playmaking WRs as they have more than enough ability to make up the difference in those drops in that they change the game around for you.

the other knock on Cooper is you have to get him involved in the game early or he could begin to brood, slope and get disinterest and lose focus, .. but I've even heard the great John Madden say
that on a few occasions during his broadcasting days, in regards to several of the great WRs. It just seems to be something in their WR make up and mentality.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mentioned it in my OP, he ghosts for stretches at a time. Heck, he did it last year for us, ending the regular season with few catches and low yards. Two of the games we really could have used him in. So, it's really not much of a surprise that the game we needed him in most this season, he came up with 0 TDs and less than 50 yards receiving.

We've seen a decade of this with our receivers. I tend to blame our system for this.

TO, Dez, Austin, and Cooper have all disappeared for stretches. It's kind of a staple of Jason Garrett at this point.

irishline

Reaction score
Nope

Dez was showing potential when Kitna was playing

As a rookie, the 3 games he played in after Romo broke his collarbone:

7 catches 84 yards

9 catches 86 yards 1 TD

3 catches 104 yards 1 TD

And the next 3 games with Kitna right after that.

3 catches 8 yards
0 catches 0 yards
1 catch 14 yards

He was showing promise before Romo went down. Love Dez but to say Romo didn't make him better is just not accurate. They were the right combination.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I dont care if Coop drops one pass a game. If he catches 5 of 6, I'm good with it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We've seen a decade of this with our receivers. I tend to blame our system for this.

TO, Dez, Austin, and Cooper have all disappeared for stretches. It's kind of a staple of Jason Garrett at this point.

....he did it with Oakland as well. I mean, there were stretches where he wasn't catching a single pass. This goes beyond system and QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
funny how that drop ball rap was on Cooper when he was in Oakland, but last year he rarely dropped a ball upon arrival,.. but he's dropped several balls since the season opened.
but even Terrell owens and his drops,.... Randy Moss, Tim Brown, ...heck even if it's OJ beckham and his drops, ..., AJ Green, Davante Adams, etc. etc. you have to keep driving the ball to your prime playmaking WRs as they have more than enough ability to make up the difference in those drops in that they change the game around for you.

the other knock on Cooper is you have to get him involved in the game early or he could begin to brood, slope and get disinterest and lose focus, .. but I've even heard the great John Madden say
that on a few occasions during his broadcasting days, in regards to several of the great WRs. It just seems to be something in their WR make up and mentality.

*sigh*

None of those players had a historic drop rate that Cooper has had twice in his career.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

So does every single receiver in the league

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And the next 3 games with Kitna right after that.

3 catches 8 yards
0 catches 0 yards
1 catch 14 yards

He was showing promise before Romo went down. Love Dez but to say Romo didn't make him better is just not accurate. They were the right combination.
Hmm so a rookie had a tough 3 games...Interesting

The point is, he was putting up numbers WITHOUT Romo. If Romo made him, he wouldnt have produced without him

Swanny

Reaction score
Well didn't the raiders fans say that about him. Still love him though. Get some sticky gloves lol
His route running is so good it's insane. So yes I still like him a lot. However I would not sign him to a monster contract. I would tag him for 1 year then say goodbye.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hmm so a rookie had a tough 3 games...Interesting

The point is, he was putting up numbers WITHOUT Romo. If Romo made him, he wouldnt have produced without him
He had 3 good seasons 6 years ago. Let it go.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Crazy how quickly Dez transitioned to A BEAST to a JAG. If you would of told me in 2014 that Dez wouldn't be on a team right now I would of thought you would of been crazy. Dez was talked to be 1a or 1b in the NFL at wr from 2011-2014
Then you’d really have thought we were crazy had we to.d you Dez won’t find any NFL team to sign him.

Verdict

Reaction score
Then you’d really have thought we were crazy had we to.d you Dez won’t find any NFL team to sign him.

Dez didn’t play well his entire second contract. He didn’t suddenly fall off a cliff he sucked his entire second contract and also ran his head incessantly.

Witten sucked for the last 3 or 4 years he played too. Yet here he is.

Tank hasn’t shown ONE good game so far after signing his contract. The trend on that one is disturbing too.

Verdict

Reaction score
It was a huge topic. It was possibly the #1 reason stated by detractors of the deal.

For the record, I was a detractor. Looking back at the deal, I think it was a FANTASTIC deal.

Drops aside, Cooper is a top WR, arguably top 5.

He loses concentration and drops some easy catches because of what is going on around him. That’s just part of the package and I don’t see it changing soon.

He is a guy that can cost you a game with a drop. He is also a guy who can drop one and come right back the next play and get the TD. You just have to hope that the drop doesn’t occur in the playoffs.

I think that’s why Gallup has become Dak’s “go to” receiver. He has Velcro hands and catches everything close to him.