American Idol season 8

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2684074 said:
I only got to hear the 1st four singers last night Of those four , none of them deserved to go home. Lil was good, not great as Yeager mentioned but she can sing, Danny was just incredible, the Blind guy was very good, and the RoughNeck guy did a great job.

So who did bad and gets to go home???

The blonde chick with the sleeve tattoo and Anoop would be my guesses.

Lil was good but not great. She could have picked a better song for her voice.

That's where she will have a problem with the different styles of songs. They just better hope they don't have a Mary J. Blige week. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theogt;2674007 said:
There's like 3 that are worthwhile. Maybe 5 if you stretch it.
Gotta say I was wrong about this one. I was very impressed last night. Probably 8 of the 12 were outstanding. Big jump from the previous weeks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I thought Adam was the best, followed by Danny, Lil, and Allison. The blind Guy Scott, is who I am rooting for. Arizona thing. :D Actually all joking aside, he plays the piano incredibly and if he learned that song just 2 days ago and played it and sang it that well then he has a gift.

I think the big roughneck guy, Michael, needs to be a country singer.

I like Anoop a lot but I think he is one of the bottom 2 tonight. If I had to guess the other one will be either Megan, Kris (Could you hear his guitar? I couldn't.) or Jorge. If I was to guess I'd say Anoop is gone. I kind of hope not though.

First time ever that you can honestly say that every contestant can really sing.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2684481 said:
I thought Adam was the best, followed by Danny, Lil, and Allison. The blind Guy Scott, is who I am rooting for. Arizona thing. :D Actually all joking aside, he plays the piano incredibly and if he learned that song just 2 days ago and played it and sang it that well then he has a gift.

I think the big roughneck guy, Michael, needs to be a country singer.

I like Anoop a lot but I think he is one of the bottom 2 tonight. If I had to guess the other one will be either Megan, Kris (Could you hear his guitar? I couldn't.) or Jorge. If I was to guess I'd say Anoop is gone. I kind of hope not though.

First time ever that you can honestly say that every contestant can really sing.

I didn't like Adam's singing last night. The overall performance was good but not his singing.

Two people are going home tonight and if I remember correctly the rule change is veto power.

kmp77

Reaction score
I didn't like the Michael Jackson theme....those songs aren't meant to be singer's songs. Usually the pop stuff doesn't sound that great. Usually better when they just do decades or genres.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I liked Danny and Scott and the girl with the tattoo on her arm is interesting as well.

Other than that, I don't like much of it.

Also, I don't get the love for Adam Lambert. Seems like every song he does he screams it. If I want someone screaming at me I'll do something to upset my wife.

Anyway, my two favorites didn't make it to the top 13 anyway. I wanted Tatiana and Nick Gentile or whatever. They were OK singers but they were funny as heck. At least they were interesting and would have kept it lively.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;2684678 said:
I liked Danny and Scott and the girl with the tattoo on her arm is interesting as well.

Other than that, I don't like much of it.

Also, I don't get the love for Adam Lambert. Seems like every song he does he screams it. If I want someone screaming at me I'll do something to upset my wife.

Anyway, my two favorites didn't make it to the top 13 anyway. I wanted Tatiana and Nick Gentile or whatever. They were OK singers but they were funny as heck. At least they were interesting and would have kept it lively.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2684503 said:
I didn't like Adam's singing last night. The overall performance was good but not his singing.

Two people are going home tonight and if I remember correctly the rule change is veto power.
I think there was a pretty wide gap to 2nd best. He's not my favorite, but I think he's the guy to beat. With his looks he will get the girl crush vote and the sucker can belt out a song.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2684832 said:
I think there was a pretty wide gap to 2nd best. He's not my favorite, but I think he's the guy to beat. With his looks he will get the girl crush vote and the sucker can belt out a song.

I keep forgetting it's a popularity contest more than a talent contest.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Hostile;2684832 said:

Which is weird because I usually find the gay emo look repulsive, but when he gets on stage, Im just mesmerized. He is OTT, but I like it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2685156 said:
Which is weird because I usually find the gay emo look repulsive, but when he gets on stage, Im just mesmerized. He is OTT, but I like it.
I have no idea what you said. Gay emo? OTT?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2685222 said:
I have no idea what you said. Gay emo? OTT?

Gay is pretty self explanatory.

Emo is short for Emotional...you here about kids that act like their life is hell so they are all dour and hate life and so on and many of them kind of dress the same. A little goth and a little slacker.

OTT I can only guess is her slang for HOT.

Hope that helps.

Personally I think the guy should be on Broadway and that would fit him better.

And I just don't get some of the current hair styles of taking a bunch of time fixing your hair to look like you just woke up and did nothing with it...instead of actually just waking up and doing nothing with it....OR...plastering it all to one side like you just went through a violent wind storm that only attacked you from one side. I also hate some of the current hair trends with someone has short hair but try to bunch it up in the middle for some kind of lame looking makeshift mohawk or dorsal fin. Just man up and get a real mohawk instead of half arsing it.

Oh well...my long hair or beard might make it hypocritical to rip on others hair but I don't care...cause I'm Riding dirty.:laugh2:

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
OTT- Over the top

Hes very theatrical in his way, but I just enjoy it. Very entertaining.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
My wife told me he was gay the other niight. I did not know that. So I guess we can assume he will fly to the finals. Maybe he can Clay Aiken can do a duet.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gemini Dolly;2685347 said:
OTT- Over the top

Hes very theatrical in his way, but I just enjoy it. Very entertaining.

Well I guess I guessed wrong.:laugh2:

Next time just say drama queen or show tunes...we will get it.:p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanations. I am still not quite clear on what emo is, but my daughter says it all the time, so maybe I will eventually figure it out.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2685394 said:
Thanks for the explanations. I am still not quite clear on what emo is, but my daughter says it all the time, so maybe I will eventually figure it out.

think Goth, but for gays

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
OKay, so the new rule makes me even more grateful that Tatiana did not make it. I couldn't stand for her to beg and get all dramatic pleading for one last chance.

The 2 who left do not shock me, but I thought Anoop was gone for sure. I like him so not upset.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;2685749 said:
OKay, so the new rule makes me even more grateful that Tatiana did not make it. I couldn't stand for her to beg and get all dramatic pleading for one last chance.

The 2 who left do not shock me, but I thought Anoop was gone for sure. I like him so not upset.

yeah, i was relieved when anoop was told he was safe. i like him as well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I missed the results. I know Jasmine left but who was the other one?

Edit: Nevermind I see that it was Jorge, who I thought was pretty good.