American Idol season 8

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ethiostar;2740122 said:
Kris was the man last night. One of the best cover songs i've heard in quite sometime. Very impressive.

He was good last night but he goes back and forth. One week he's great and the next he sucks. If Lil and Matt are gone this week then he and Anoop might be next.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Adam will win this season. I am sorry to tell that to his lynch mob. The guy is simply good. Might not be your cup of tea as you have already said, but he's exactly what Idol wants. He's not my cup of tea either, but I can admit the fool can sing his rear end off and he takes risks and stands out almost every week.

It will either be Danny or Allison against him in the Finals. I kind of hope it will be Danny, but I won't be shocked no matter what.

Allison is the one who will actually end up being a star like Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. They are the only 2 past Idol contestants really making a true mark in music. Some of the others are still doing okay, but those two are making an impact. Carrie has the advantage of being in Country music so it's a little bit of a head start.

I didn't know who Kris was when he made the Final 13. I sure do now. Last night he was easily the most entertaining with that version of that song. Very cool. I think he is a dark horse who could go into the top 3, but probably won't.

Anoop is my favorite left, but he's in trouble along with Matt. One of the two of them is gone and I think it is probably Matt. Anoop will go out next week unless he is magnificent.

Which brings me to Lil. Did she really think that was not karaoke? Or does she just not know what karaoke is? Every time she sings it is really good, and really a copy of the original for the most part. Sadly not as good as the original. She is definitely gone this week. If not, then she has some very dumb supporters.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2740214 said:
Adam will win this season. I am sorry to tell that to his lynch mob. The guy is simply good. Might not be your cup of tea as you have already said, but he's exactly what Idol wants. He's not my cup of tea either, but I can admit the fool can sing his rear end off and he takes risks and stands out almost every week.

It will either be Danny or Allison against him in the Finals. I kind of hope it will be Danny, but I won't be shocked no matter what.

Allison is the one who will actually end up being a star like Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. They are the only 2 past Idol contestants really making a true mark in music. Some of the others are still doing okay, but those two are making an impact. Carrie has the advantage of being in Country music so it's a little bit of a head start.

I didn't know who Kris was when he made the Final 13. I sure do now. Last night he was easily the most entertaining with that version of that song. Very cool. I think he is a dark horse who could go into the top 3, but probably won't.

Anoop is my favorite left, but he's in trouble along with Matt. One of the two of them is gone and I think it is probably Matt. Anoop will go out next week unless he is magnificent.

Which brings me to Lil. Did she really think that was not karaoke? Or does she just not know what karaoke is? Every time she sings it is really good, and really a copy of the original for the most part. Sadly not as good as the original. She is definitely gone this week. If not, then she has some very dumb supporters.

I have no doubt he will win. To me he can perform but his singing...to me....isn't great but very good. For me Danny has the best voice.

I don't know what happened to Lil. I don't know if she doesn't understand what the judges are asking her to do or she's just simply not as good as everyone thought. There are local producers already lining up to sign her once she gets voted off. So hopefully she'll still make it in the music business.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2740259 said:
I have no doubt he will win. To me he can perform but his singing...to me....isn't great but very good. For me Danny has the best voice.

I don't know what happened to Lil. I don't know if she doesn't understand what the judges are asking her to do or she's just simply not as good as everyone thought. There are local producers already lining up to sign her once she gets voted off. So hopefully she'll still make it in the music business.

If she has the right producers to guide her she could be big in the business. The problem is finding the right people to surround her and direct her.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2740262 said:
If she has the right producers to guide her she could be big in the business. The problem is finding the right people to surround her and direct her.

She needs to stay away from who ever Katherine McPhee signed with. All that talent and looks and nothing.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2740145 said:
He was good last night but he goes back and forth. One week he's great and the next he sucks. If Lil and Matt are gone this week then he and Anoop might be next.

You're right about Kris, he doesn't impress me everyweek but man, last night was very good.

Top three, imo, are Adam, Allison, and Kris, maybe in that order. I told my wife that Adam will be the winner about three months ago. I don't particularly care much for his voice quality or his singing style but he just seems the most polished out of everybody.

I'm pulling for Allison, she is the one i would like to see win it.

Anoop can sing but just doesn't seem to bring anything special to the table.

I like Danny's voice the most but he is overshodowed by my top three.

I agree Lil deserves to go, although i would vote to keep her on if she promises to wear a body suit every time she's on camera. :) Matt most likely will be the other one.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I am part of the lynch mob against Adam but I also know he will most likely win it. I give the guy credit for being unique. As Simon said a couple of weeks ago. half the people wathcing him will love him and the other half won't. I am in the latter half. I would be happy with KRis, Allison or Danny in the finals. They seem like good kids. I think Allison is 11 yrs younger than Adam but shows almost as much stage presence as he does. I think this gal will do well in the long run. I can't wait to hear her in about 5 or 6 yrs.

kristie

Reaction score
lil & anoop are gone. even though i had a feeling they would be gone, i still don't like either way.:(

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hostile;2740214 said:
They are the only 2 past Idol contestants really making a true mark in music. Some of the others are still doing okay, but those two are making an impact.

Uhumm...Daughtry?

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;2742585 said:
Yeah, I think it's fair to say he fits that success category too. Good point.

what about david cook? he's doing great.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kristie;2743103 said:
what about david cook? he's doing great.
I considered him too recent to count along with his fellow contestants too.

I mean think about it, for all the fallout over Tamyra Gray being voted off...where is she? Where is Justin? Where is Bo Bice? Fantasia? Ruben? Taylor Hicks is on Broadway.

Clay Aiken had some success for a while, but he's fading in popularity. Most of the Idol contestants have done very little. The exceptions right now are Kelly, Daughtry and Carrie.

As I said earlier, Carrie has an advantage in being in country music. The top 40 culture is often about build them up and then tear them down. Which is why I have never particularly liked top 40.

The country genre isn't like that. The kids who have gone country after Idol (Bucky Covingtion, Josh Gracin, Kellie Pickler, etc.) have all done a little bit, but so far only Carrie is really having noticed success.

David Cook could very well get there, but I don't include him or his season 7 co-contestants yet because it isn't fair to them to do it that soon. The others I am talking about from the previous 6 seasons have all had at least a year to make a mark and some much longer than that. Each has had some success, but really only 3 of them are impact artists. That's out of 72 would be artists. Barely over 4% of them are truly making it.

I hope that clarified what I am trying to say.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;2743230 said:
I considered him too recent to count along with his fellow contestants too.

I mean think about it, for all the fallout over Tamyra Gray being voted off...where is she? Where is Justin? Where is Bo Bice? Fantasia? Ruben? Taylor Hicks is on Broadway.

Clay Aiken had some success for a while, but he's fading in popularity. Most of the Idol contestants have done very little. The exceptions right now are Kelly, Daughtry and Carrie.

As I said earlier, Carrie has an advantage in being in country music. The top 40 culture is often about build them up and then tear them down. Which is why I have never particularly liked top 40.

The country genre isn't like that. The kids who have gone country after Idol (Bucky Covingtion, Josh Gracin, Kellie Pickler, etc.) have all done a little bit, but so far only Carrie is really having noticed success.

David Cook could very well get there, but I don't include him or his season 7 co-contestants yet because it isn't fair to them to do it that soon. The others I am talking about from the previous 6 seasons have all had at least a year to make a mark and some much longer than that. Each has had some success, but really only 3 of them are impact artists. That's out of 72 would be artists. Barely over 4% of them are truly making it.

I hope that clarified what I am trying to say.

it does. thank you. :)

kristie

Reaction score
the theme for the top 5 is rat pack standards, "rat pack" meaning frank sinatra, dean martin, smmy david, jr., peter lawford, & joey bishop. what do you guys think about this?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love me some Sinatra but I can only imagine how they would butcher any of his songs.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
kristie;2754182 said:
the theme for the top 5 is rat pack standards, "rat pack" meaning frank sinatra, dean martin, smmy david, jr., peter lawford, & joey bishop. what do you guys think about this?

Finally, some music us ol people can relate to. But I am sure that Adam will take Sinatras "My Way" and make it "His Way" and make sure I never want to hear the song again.

I would think Danny and Kris would nail this genre with relative ease.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Simon was out of it tonight. Matt was boring and Allison was awesome. What was he listening to? Go Home Matt.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2755658 said:
Simon was out of it tonight. Matt was boring and Allison was awesome. What was he listening to? Go Home Matt.

I could not of agree more.