American Idol season 8

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gokey's act is getting oooooooooooooollllld. I can't even stand listening to him anymore.

kristie

Reaction score
danny was awesome tonight! i loved it! kris & allison did awesome too. matt was OK. i so hated adam's performance.

adam lambert makes me ill.:mad:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kristie;2755782 said:
danny was awesome tonight! i loved it! kris & allison did awesome too. matt was OK. i so hated adam's performance.

adam lambert makes me ill.:mad:
Somehow he makes every song he sings sound exactly the same. And he just screams half of it.

kristie

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2755658 said:
Simon was out of it tonight. Matt was boring and Allison was awesome. What was he listening to? Go Home Matt.

i know. i was thinking to myself, "what are you drinking, simon?"

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
theogt;2755795 said:
Somehow he makes every song he sings sound exactly the same. And he just screams half of it.

I think you are talking about Adam. He is the one who screams everything. Danny's actually much better than Adam.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2755950 said:
I think you are talking about Adam. He is the one who screams everything. Danny's actually much better than Adam.
Adam isn't screaming at all. There's some legitimate criticism for the guy, but to say he's screaming is just wrong.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
All of the remaining contestants are very good singers and are by far, the most talented group of remaining five idols in the show's history. I think at this point anyone who likes one better than the other is a matter of opinion. I think Adam is by far the best performer and most original. Whether you like his voice or not is a matter of opinion, but he does not scream things as he can sing. Personally, I like all of them and I think all will be able to carve out some type of career in the entertainment industry in some manner or another.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
theogt;2756111 said:
Adam isn't screaming at all. There's some legitimate criticism for the guy, but to say he's screaming is just wrong.

Screaming is most of what Adam does. Unless he is butchering a Johnny Cash song with sitar music.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I thought Allison stole the show last night followed by Danny and Kris. Allison is my favorite left by a wide margin.

IMO, Matt is gone. I admit, part of it is that song which I have never liked. He is lucky to have got the save.

The Adam haters crack me up. Kid can flat out perform. He's going to win it. Be prepared. I'll invest in Maalox.

I think Simon fell on his head before last night's show.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;2756880 said:
I thought Allison stole the show last night followed by Danny and Kris. Allison is my favorite left by a wide margin.

IMO, Matt is gone. I admit, part of it is that song which I have never liked. He is lucky to have got the save.

The Adam haters crack me up. Kid can flat out perform. He's going to win it. Be prepared. I'll invest in Maalox.

simon falling on his head.....:lmao:

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Adam strutting down those stairs gave him 100 votes automatically for me. Awesome entrance. Try screaming. I bet it sounds nothing like Adam. Adam is on pitch and has TOTAL control over his voice. When he held that long note and how he was able to stop it, was pure brilliance.

Allison was my favorite though. Simon threw her under the bus.

I predict Matt is going home, but Allison will join him in the bottom.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
ADAM LAMBERT WAS BOTTOM 2. WWWWTTTTTTTFLIPPER!!!!!!

Matt, it was time. So happy for Allison.

ROCK WEEK. hellz yeah.. SLLLLASH!!!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I know Adam is going to win it but I am not looking forward to it. I will vote for whoever is across from him tho and I never vote. Hopefully the MEts are playing that night and I won't have to watch it with the wife.

I missed tonights vote-off show except the very end where I saw Matt get voted off. Who was in the bottom 3 and what was Simon talking about when he said Don't listen to me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2756880 said:

I have no doubt he will win and have felt that way since it started.

To me he not the best singer but that has never mattered on AI.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Paula was looking fine tonight.

If tonight didn't prove that they rig the votes for "shock" value then I dont know what will! There's no way Adam is in the bottom 2 after last night.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
So long Matt. I think he will have a solid career if he pursues jazz, he has a good voice for that genre.

I can't really say which one of these folks I would like to see win. They all seem to have the chops to make a career for themselves, but that doesn't always seem to translate to success.

- Adam seems to remind me somewhat of Freddy Mercury. Never a bad thing. Dude has crazy range that doesn't come along very often. Will his over the top sound turn more people off than on (seems debatable at this point). Something tells me he could do well as long as he doesn't follow a Pop music career.

- Allison seems like Kelly Clarkson part Deux. Very good singer, but is there enough room for her to be successful when there's a more popular version of her already out there?

- Danny has that raspy soulful voice and could have a very big market out there. Not a big fan of the way he uses his hands when he sings (reminds me of all of those Boy Bands that I'm happy are dead career wise).

- Kris has a very Jack Johnson"ish" vibe. Good looking kid with a humble and likeable personailty. I think he could make a very good living in this world if he gets good advice.

It seems that they all have good qualities, but I look at Kris and think he has the fewest holes that would hold him back after the lights turn off on this season.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2757446 said:
So long Matt. I think he will have a solid career if he pursues jazz, he has a good voice for that genre.

I can't really say which one of these folks I would like to see win. They all seem to have the chops to make a career for themselves, but that doesn't always seem to translate to success.

- Adam seems to remind me somewhat of Freddy Mercury. Never a bad thing. Dude has crazy range that doesn't come along very often. Will his over the top sound turn more people off than on (seems debatable at this point). Something tells me he could do well as long as he doesn't follow a Pop music career.

- Allison seems like Kelly Clarkson part Deux. Very good singer, but is there enough room for her to be successful when there's a more popular version of her already out there?

- Danny has that raspy soulful voice and could have a very big market out there. Not a big fan of the way he uses his hands when he sings (reminds me of all of those Boy Bands that I'm happy are dead career wise).

- Kris has a very Jack Johnson"ish" vibe. Good looking kid with a humble and likeable personailty. I think he could make a very good living in this world if he gets good advice.

It seems that they all have good qualities, but I look at Kris and think he has the fewest holes that would hold him back after the lights turn off on this season.

A friend of mine compared to Adam to Freddy and IMO he's no where close. Freddy could hit the high notes without screaming.

IMO Kris will be the next one to go just because the other three better singers.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2757119 said:
To me he not the best singer but that has never mattered on AI.

No he is not a singer but entertainer like Brittney Spears, she can't sing but she can entertain.