American Idol season 8

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Avaj;2757493 said:
No he is not a singer but entertainer like Brittney Spears, she can't sing but she can entertain.

I almost posted that same thing earlier. The only difference is Britney wears less makeup. :D

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2757485 said:
A friend of mine compared to Adam to Freddy and IMO he's no where close. Freddy could hit the high notes without screaming.

IMO Kris will be the next one to go just because the other three better singers.

Well I think you're as delirious as the guy in your avatar! :mad: ;)

Can't say that I have any personal favorites this year, but given how the winners are more bust than success lately, I was just looking at who might actually have a long term career once the show is over. Those two, to me, just seem to be Kris and Adam. I love Allison's voice, but she is facing a steep climb since she is virtually a Kelly Clarkson clone. Danny is probably my favorite of the remaining contestants, but I just don't know if he can sell once he's out there in the professional world. The show really needs a relevant winner or it might slide.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I think out of the remaining, Allison and Adam will have the most successful careers. Allison can do the Pink/Clarkson route and Adam will be like the male Gaga...Sir Gaga.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2758559 said:
I think out of the remaining, Allison and Adam will have the most successful careers. Allison can do the Pink/Clarkson route and Adam will be like the male Gaga...Sir Gaga.
I don't know that Adam will have a successful career. It depends on what he sings as "his" music. Personally I don't think anything that he's sung so far would be a radio hit. I think Kris has the best shot at taking off. He has a knack for arranging/writing music that is very radio friendly. That will help him out tremendously after the show.

kristie

Reaction score
the theme for next week is rock week. if you guys had to pick songs for the remaining four(adam, allison, danny, & kris), what would they be? just curious, that's all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kristie;2761210 said:
the theme for next week is rock week. if you guys had to pick songs for the remaining four(adam, allison, danny, & kris), what would they be? just curious, that's all.
I don't care what the others sing, but I hope Allison does some Janis Joplin.

Piece of My Heart or Me & Bobby McGee would be outstanding.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2761301 said:

Those would be good choices. I'd wouldn't mind her taking on Magic Man or Barracuda.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
So excited for Tuesday.

From Slash's twitter. He will be this week's mentor.

"Those AI kids can sing their ***** off, especially Adam. "
http://twitter.com/slashhudson
:D

I wonder if Adam reminds him of anybody.

I think it would be too much to release GnR songs. If Adam would sing Sweet Child o Mine or Welcome to the Jungle, I would need some assistance to recuperate.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;2761301 said:

those are good choices. i could see her singing them.

kristie

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2761352 said:
Those would be good choices. I'd wouldn't mind her taking on Magic Man or Barracuda.

those songs are good too. she would probably kick butt singing those.:)

kmp77

Reaction score
I haven't been an Adam fan but he just knocked it out of the park. That was rather good and as good as the original.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
OMG Thank you Danny Gokey for showing America what SCREAMING really is.
That sounds nothing like Adam.

Adam was great, but I expected it. The duet with Allison was so awesome. They both were having a blast and sounded beautifully.

Based on tonight, Danny should go home. But, it will be either Kris or Allison- Im thinking Allison.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I turned it on late and missed all but the last 30 seconds of Adam. I am glad I did. Danny was horrible but he will probably get thru. That is not his genre. I think Kris probably goes home and not because he deserves it, he is just the 4th best of the four remaining singers. Great job tho Kris.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Danny tried to sing like Adam last night for some reason and he bombed. That genre was right up Adams alley while the others were kind of lost at sea. I still liked Allison even tho the judges were cool on her. The judges are and have been tying to push Adam down our throat for a while at the expense of the others. The final four are all very good singers. Just let the audience vote how they like it. They have the best four singers left out of the top 12 so apparently they are doing something right.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sorry Adam haters, he was flawless last night.

Kris is the one I think will be gone. He should have chosen a ballad.

Allison did do Janis Joplin, but not the song I think she should have done. I still thought it was was very good. She said others have done "Piece of my Heart," but no one has done "Me and Bobby McGee" and when a song tells a story you have the capture quality to it.

I thought Kris and Danny were completely out of their element, but beforehand I hoped Danny would sing "Dream On."

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'm a rock guy, and I was disappointed because it didn't live up to what I expected. Danny wasn't good last night, and Kris wasn't bad at all last night. This show is very predictable as to who it tries to subconsciously push in the voters to win every week. Adam actually disappointed me last night. I know Adam is a rock guy, but he doesn't compare to Daughtry to me in as far as the rock genre is concerned. I'm fairly certain it is going to be Adam and Allison in the finals.