American Idol season 8

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I think they all sucked. First time I have watched a whole episode in some weeks and wish I had not.

The one guy singing the aerosmith song had a terrible ending.
The girl sounded like someone singing a joplin song but just not as good.
The guy singing the beatles song was out of his element and tried too hard.
Adam did the best but that is not saying a bunch. He should have listened to slash and realize that just singing high notes most of the time is not the best thing and he over did it on that song last night IMO.

He is the clear cut finals guy and who knows maybe he will do good down the road, maybe a few of them will...but last night was not anything close to being great by any of them. They are better off sticking with the pre packaged bubble gum style of music that they will probably be forced to make after idol is over because they are not real rockers by any stretch at this point IMO.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2764838 said:
Personally I think they all sucked. First time I have watched a whole episode in some weeks and wish I had not.
100% agreed. It was a terrible night.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Can't stand Adam and I hope Danny wins but AI wants Adam to be their guy so he will win. I think Allison has the brightest future of all of them in the music industry. She has a very good voice and it's somewhat unique. That's the thing that makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Adam will end up in two years as nothing more than a guy the powers that be thought would be the next big thing and he will end up the next Rubin Studdard in terms of popularity and success.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
I didn't watch last night's yet because we went to see Stomp last night, but Adam is kind of getting on my nerves. From what I've heard, he's hardly an "unknown" like the show says they are looking for. I've heard he has even been on a few episodes of Home Improvement.

I still think he will bomb in CD sales after the show is over unless they come up with something really good for him. The girls swooned over David Archuleta and he hasn't made any kind of mark in music at all.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Holy crap I almost cried. That girl is going to sell. She will get signed.

On the up side...YAY ADAM

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2765825 said:
Holy crap I almost cried. That girl is going to sell. She will get signed.

On the up side...YAY ADAM

Like Chris Daughtrey it's better for her she didn't win. Hopefully she doesn't sign with the the AI producers. Chris needs to introduce her to his agency. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The voters got it wrong. I still think she will end up being the best of the entire season when all is said and done.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2765815 said:
WOW Allison going home instead of Kris :eek:
Why is this shocking? She's been in the bottom 3 almost weekly. Yet Kris has been in the bottom 3 maybe once or twice?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theogt;2766187 said:
Why is this shocking? She's been in the bottom 3 almost weekly. Yet Kris has been in the bottom 3 maybe once or twice?

Because she's a better singer. Kris is still around because the teeny boppers think he's cute.

AI is not a talent contest as much as a popularity contest.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2766222 said:
Because she's a better singer. Kris is still around because the teeny boppers think he's cute.

AI is not a talent contest as much as a popularity contest.
The title of the show is "American Idol." It's not "American with the best technical singing ability."

On another note, she may be a better singer (not much better if at all, in my opinion) but he's a much better overall artist. He can actually write and arrange music in a way that very few people can. He has a talent for music, whereas she's just a teenager with a set of pipes (those aren't exactly rare).

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
theogt;2766270 said:
On another note, she may be a better singer (not much better if at all, in my opinion) but he's a much better overall artist. He can actually write and arrange music in a way that very few people can. He has a talent for music, whereas she's just a teenager with a set of pipes (those aren't exactly rare).

Almost word for word my exact thoughts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;2766187 said:
I think it is always "shocking" when something happens that our own opinions don't necessarily support. I'm not sure why that's so hard to grasp.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;2766400 said:
I think it is always "shocking" when something happens that our own opinions don't necessarily support. I'm not sure why that's so hard to grasp.
I don't think that's the case at all. I don't want many things to happen or think that they should happen, but that has no bearing on whether or not I expect them to happen.

Whether something ought to happen and whether it is likely to happen are too entirely different concepts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;2766432 said:
I don't think that's the case at all. I don't want many things to happen or think that they should happen, but that has no bearing on whether or not I expect them to happen.

Whether something ought to happen and whether it is likely to happen are too entirely different concepts.
I guarantee you that someone somewhere will be "shocked" by whomever is eliminated next week. The "shock" will coincide with their opinion of who was due to go.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;2766562 said:
I guarantee you that someone somewhere will be "shocked" by whomever is eliminated next week. The "shock" will coincide with their opinion of who was due to go.
Inasmuch as people are "shocked" by things that shouldn't be shocking, I agree, obviously.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I was surpised Allison was voted off, but not that much. Kris is definitely the better artist out of the remaining three. Danny is a good singer, but he's boring. Adam is the best performer and he has pipes.

Daughtry showed last night how you do rock. The new song was great, IMO.