American Idol season 8

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;2765977 said:
The voters got it wrong. I still think she will end up being the best of the entire season when all is said and done.

no doubt about that. she'll get a deal & make an album that will probably sell millions of copies if she hooks up with the right people.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
kristie;2767080 said:
no doubt about that. she'll get a deal & make an album that will probably sell millions of copies if she hooks up with the right people.

She needs to sign with the same people Chris Daughtry signed with.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I was not surprised Allison got voted off(she never established a strong fanbase like the boys) but it was still sad to see her go because she is so talented.

Kris reminds me of Jason Castro from last year. They are both musicians and not belters. Jason Castro has signed a major label deal with Atlantic records, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kris got signed somewhere.

Gokey is going to be another Taylor Hicks.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2767359 said:
The one thing Gokey has going for him is that he can go do a Christian pop/rock album and be a star in that sub-genre for a while.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2767359 said:
I was not surprised Allison got voted off(she never established a strong fanbase like the boys) but it was still sad to see her go because she is so talented.

Kris reminds me of Jason Castro from last year. They are both musicians and not belters. Jason Castro has signed a major label deal with Atlantic records, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kris got signed somewhere.

That's what happens when pre/teen girls are the majority of the fanbase. :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2767569 said:
That's what happens when pre/teen girls are the majority of the fanbase. :laugh2:

That's the reason I sometimes use the term teeny bop bubble gum rock.:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2767569 said:

BrAinPaiNt;2767582 said:
That's the reason I sometimes use the term teeny bop bubble gum rock.:D
Actually....

While the show doesn't share information on voter demographics, according to a recent Los Angeles Times article, the median age of the show's viewing audience, at least for one recent episode, was 42.9.
Just based on my own personal anecdotal evidence, I've found that very few young people actually watch the show -- it's a mostly middle aged audience that watches it religiously. Heck, you can take this thread for instance. Most of the people that continually discuss the show in this thread are middle aged.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2767588 said:
Actually....

Just based on my own personal anecdotal evidence, I've found that very few young people actually watch the show -- it's a mostly middle aged audience that watches it religiously. Heck, you can take this thread for instance. Most of the people that continually discuss the show in this thread are middle aged.

:muttley:

the only one in my family who watches AI is me mam (mom) and I don't think she even watches it anymore

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theogt;2767588 said:
Actually....

All those middle aged people they have in the audience every week sure can scream like a 12 year old girl. :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2767611 said:
All those middle aged people they have in the audience every week sure can scream like a 12 year old girl. :laugh2:
I'm not sure the studio audience is a very good gauge of the television viewing audience.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2767620 said:
I'm not sure the studio audience is a very good gauge of the television viewing audience.

Maybe not but I imagine the ones that purchase the CDs are.:cool:

If you think the producers are hoping for someome to win that will sell to middle age or older people you are off the mark. You can bet they seen Taylor Hicks winning and thinking it was a lost cause as far as what they hoped they would sell.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2767666 said:
Maybe not but I imagine the ones that purchase the CDs are.:cool:

If you think the producers are hoping for someome to win that will sell to middle age or older people you are off the mark. You can bet they seen Taylor Hicks winning and thinking it was a lost cause as far as what they hoped they would sell.
And I'm not sure the people buying the CDs are an very good gauge of the television viewing audience either. The Taylor Hicks win damn nearly conclusively proves that it's a bunch of old farts that watch the show and determine the votes. :)

kristie

Reaction score
theogt;2767588 said:
Actually....

i'm not middle-aged. :laugh1:

i'm only 33 years old.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
And, of course, Kris proved again why he's the best artist of the three -- far and way the best.

Viper

Reaction score
theogt;2772413 said:
And, of course, Kris proved again why he's the best artist of the three -- far and way the best.

gotta agree, he's my favorite

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
theogt;2772413 said:

Got to Agree -the best by far ---So tired of the Judges kissing the cheeks of the screamer --how do you scream on an areosmith song and ruin it as bad as he did:bang2: Send Adam home

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
kristie;2768790 said:
i'm not middle-aged. :laugh1:

i'm only 33 years old.

Wish I was middle aged --occuring to the iphone I have already lived 68% of my life :)