American Idol season 8

kristie

Reaction score
here's how i ranked them:

danny(awesome)
kris(his version of "heartless" blew me away, it was so good)
adam(just flat out terrible. his versions of the u2 & aerosmith songs made me very angry because i love those songs)

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I thought that Adam was awful too but man the judges were just fainting from hyperventilating over him. I thought maybe my hearing was leaving me because I thought it was bad. Good to know somebody else saw it the same way. Hopefully America will put Kris and Danny in the final two and give Adam some humble pie. Probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery than for that to happen tho.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd say it's Adam and Kris in the final two.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Adam choked tonight and his backup singer for Cryin was just as bad. This is the first time Adam was not spot on perfect. He picked an awful time too.

Danny stunk up the 1st song, and was very good on the 2nd

Kris wins the night by a mile. Both songs he was excellent. yes, a few bum notes, but I liked his version of Heartless a billion times better than Kanye.

Kris deserves to be in the finals based on tonight. Dogfight for the final spot. Hope its Adam Lambert.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Adam was awful in One - he started out awesome and should have kept it soft, but screaming it just sunk it. The judges are so transparent.

As a rock fan, I think Cryin' was really good.

Danny can sing but he was boring, and Chris was good the first time, much better the second time.

Chris and Adam should be in the finals.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Just listened to the Heartless cover and I didn't think it was good at all, or even all that original for that matter.

MrMom

Reaction score
TheCount;2773514 said:
Just listened to the Heartless cover and I didn't think it was good at all, or even all that original for that matter.

It's been done a bunch. It reminded me of last year or whenever it was, when one of the contestants did a rock version of Billie Jean and everyone was praising it for how original it was, but it was a carbon copy of Chris Cornell's version.

CoCo

Reaction score
Interesting perspectives.

Profile of the people who actually vote aside, I tend to think that it'll be Adam & Danny in the finals because Kris voice just isn't powerful enough or dramatic enough IMO. Hey, maybe Kris is truly the best artist but I don't think he's got the performance voice to knock off the other two.

Its like a home run derby where Adam and Danny can hit them out of the park and Kris can't reach the fence but does hit the gaps consistently.

Kris may be the better hitter but I think the votes are going to go to the guys who can take it deep.

We'll see.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
According to Seacrest there were 88 million votes and only 1 million votes separated Adam and Kris -- no idea which one had the most votes of the two.

Don't doubt Kris.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theogt;2774055 said:
Word.

Gokey sucks.

No he doesn't. He may not be "the artist", or the "one with the pipes", but he can sing, just like Allison before him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I probably wasn't going to watch the finals but now I know I won't watch it. Adam and Kris no thanks.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Adam is nothing more than a lounge act. He is a screamer and the only reason he is where he is, is because the judges pimped him all season long. I mean, really, Katie Perry wearing an Adam Lambert cape? :rolleyes:

Couldn't be more obvious.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
OMG That was too awesome. Danny was talking about how he wanted this to get over with and Adam interupts and says I WANT TO SEE KATY PERRY. Katy then appears with..get this...

ADAM LAMBERT ACROSS HER CAPE. mwhahaha LOVED IT.

Its going to be a great finale. OVER The Top vs Simplicity... Gay boi vs married boy.. PIMPED vs Underdog or just Adam vs Kris.

Cant wait.